Dirt Jumps In Dorset? Anyone Know?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jumps In Dorset? Anyone Know?
Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 15:08 Quote
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:
Chestnut - Wareham
Sandford jumps - Sandford

All the others have been mentioned

Do chestnut still exist? What are they like nowadays i they do. Must be 11 or 12 years since I've been there!!

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 10:28 Quote
Stoatie wrote:
I've just sent this to email to Poole council hopefully I'll get a reply soon.

Hi, I'm writing concerning maintenance at Haskell's Rec BMX park. It doesn't appear as anyone has really used this site for a while, the grass is taller than the jumps. And the jumps are in quite a state of disrepair, a few of us from the Pinkbike mountain bike forum would like to know whether there is any planned maintenance for here and whether we can rebuild or modify the existing jumps. Also what can and can't be done at the site.

did you get a reply ???

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 12:05 Quote
I got a we'll pass the message onto our maintenance team brush off reply, might just borrow a petrol strimmer and go down and do it myself.

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 12:17 Quote
Neglected dirt jumps hopefully get them back to former glory. They re in there somewhere.

Neglected dirt jumps hopefully get them back to former glory. They re in there somewhere.

As you can see massively overgrown. You wouldn't believe there's 3 lines on the left of the 1st photo.

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 12:31 Quote
Yeah needs to be cut back and re shaped.

Posted: Jul 14, 2012 at 12:44 Quote
OK... when people say "where are the local dirt jumps" I reply

"wherever the hell you choose to build them! get your dig on and make something crazy, show your up for the work, and the scene will open up to you!"

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 4:05 Quote
Im up for digging haskells and trying it out. If it works out okay, I can start a community project and possibly get funding and volunteers etc... I have contacts for that sort of stuff. Tat way the council see it as a positive contribution and will leave us be.

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 12:09 Quote
Anybody been building lately? Most of the jumps at Canford are pretty flat now apart from one double which I restored although may have fallen down a bit again now.

The indoor skatepark up the road from haskels should be open in December and is going to have a foam pit and resi ramp which will be awesome!

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 12:13 Quote
Been meaning to get down haskells, but i've just been to busy. Not heard about the indoor skate park, sounds good as it'll be fairly close to mine.

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 12:19 Quote
Here's a link to the skateparks facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prevail-Skatehouse/277218122315442?ref=ts&fref=ts

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 3:34 Quote
Sir-Dirty-BIker wrote:
Chestnut - Wareham
Sandford jumps - Sandford

All the others have been mentioned

do you know the gps co-ordinates for chestnut, as i was thinking about going there when me and my cousin do a little bit of dirt riding and we are looking for spots to go to when we are in wareham next summer.

many thank

Posted: Sep 25, 2013 at 10:10 Quote
Building some new jumps in Ferndown. Started work on them earlier in the year. Should be awesome when the whole place is finished. They are being built at Ford Lane Rec. Here's the link to their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ferndown-Dirt-Jumps/465853890101982?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/DorsetDownhill

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
sorry to bring back a old thread
but is there any dirt jumps in cycling distance from swanage?

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 15:14 Quote
Don't know, but I would recommend you take up rock climbing, there is loads, and it's awesome

Posted: Apr 29, 2015 at 4:43 Quote
I don't know of any Dirt Jumps around there, but there is some really good and fun singletrack all round there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019721
Mobile Version of Website