Session 10 and single crown fork

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Session 10 and single crown fork
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
I am thinking about putting a 07 marz 66 ATA 180mm on my Session 10
but i have not been able to figure out if it will f*ck up the geometri of the bike
i am having trouble riding with the Manitou travis triple TI as it may be to big for me

so any help on this would help me

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
do it! a 66 is the tallest single out there(i think) so the geo should not feel far off the travis. it will still steepen the geo abit though and 10 inch rear travel 7 inch front might feel a bit unbalanced. but i still would say go for itSalute

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
u might be better off trading ur bike in for a slopestyle rig.
take this guy for example

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/376237/
thats a sick bottlrocket, and he wants to trade for a dh rig. soo id say a freakin session 10 would qualify.

other than that, i know manituou used to make the travis in 203 mm as a single crown. but i think they stopped. soo if u could dig up one of those it wouldnt mess up the geo

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
u cant mess up a geometry that already sucks...

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
u cant mess up a geometry that already sucks...

Well that's your opinion?
it's a great bike i am just getting tired fighting with that big fork

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
i've tried it on my session 10, not good! geo was messsed up big time. but if you already have the forks then give it ago!

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
Don't Have the fork but i am gonna borrow the same model from my friend

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 13:32 Quote
i dont think it would be great putting a sc fork on a session 10. would def mess up the geo and the travis has a huge eide hight any way.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 13:38 Quote
i dont know if it would be a good idea. I guess you could run the dropouts in the highest position(lowest bb height) and get a decent headtube angle. It may not be bad though. Think about it this way. The boxxer world cup and the totem both have the same axle to crown height, so they will both have the same ride height.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
any comments on taht guys bottlerocket trade?

oh wait. i guess no one wants to pay shipping acroos the atlantic

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
killer-miller wrote:
any comments on taht guys bottlerocket trade?

oh wait. i guess no one wants to pay shipping acroos the atlantic
forums are not for buy/sell/trading

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
Measure the length of axle to the bottom of the bottom cup on the headset with the travis, then measure the same with the 66. Travis's are freakin massive though, so it will probs be steeper.

Why not get a session 7 frame and put the stuff on it with the 66s? Would defo work better than the 66s with a session 10.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
Well i would get all the frames that i love if i had the money.

but yep i am looking for a nother bike / frame but would love to keep my session 10
but i think i am gonna try the 66 and see how it fit's

the travis has around 59,2 cm axel to crown and the 66 has around 57,2 ish axel to crown

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 15:12 Quote
caine wrote:

but yep i am looking for a nother bike / frame but would love to keep my session 10

the travis has around 59,2 cm axel to crown and the 66 has around 57,2 ish axel to crown

Well that's only 2cm, which is nothing. Work out the wheelbase, head angle and use trig to figure out the new angle, it should hardly change.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
caine wrote:

If you run the dropouts in the lowest bb setting, then it will equal out to how the bike feels when you have the dropouts in the highest bb position. The main difference is that your bb will now sit around an inch lower than where it would normally sit.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009428
Mobile Version of Website