What are the best pedals for DJ/Street?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What are the best pedals for DJ/Street?
Author Message
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
fireman- wrote:
man, choosing pedals should not be this hard. just get the ones you want.
true, but i want the 5050's, and everyone says they break, and I don't want to waste money on pedals that will break. but i also don't want crappy looking pedals like the MG-1

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
a-l-e-x wrote:
i'm getting the aircorp (if i can afford them), as everyone says they are good and they come in green WOO, as i am a bit of a trendwhore.
i dont think the aircorps come in green. but the trailkings do...

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
fireman- wrote:
a-l-e-x wrote:
i'm getting the aircorp (if i can afford them), as everyone says they are good and they come in green WOO, as i am a bit of a trendwhore.
i dont think the aircorps come in green. but the trailkings do...

oh that sucks, :S

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
P3biker4 wrote:
fireman- wrote:
man, choosing pedals should not be this hard. just get the ones you want.
true, but i want the 5050's, and everyone says they break, and I don't want to waste money on pedals that will break. but i also don't want crappy looking pedals like the MG-1
I really dont no why you think they look so crap....
I f*cked 5050xx in a week bearings where wrecked and plates also came loose, even with industrial locktight so they suck...
The mg-1's have lasted me ages-there solid, light, and last fore ever what more do you want...?

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
allright its settled the kid gets the MG1s. end of thread!

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
fireman- wrote:
allright its settled the kid get the MG1s. end of thread!
hell no!Really Mad

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
P3biker4 wrote:
fireman- wrote:
man, choosing pedals should not be this hard. just get the ones you want.
true, but i want the 5050's, and everyone says they break, and I don't want to waste money on pedals that will break. but i also don't want crappy looking pedals like the MG-1

Go ahead and waste your money on 50/50 then, but don't complain when we all sing out, "Told you so" when you come back whining about how you bought crappy pedals. It shouldn't matter how a pedal looks when it's really about performance.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'm talking retail in a shop.

I picked up a set of Wellgo MG-1 clones at MEC the other day. Blackspire Maggys. Came to $69. I can't imagine the MG-1 being any more expensive than a re-branded version of itself.

Great pedal, the paint comes off frighteningly quickly though. DO NOT BUY 50/50s! I have the sealed model and it is shit in every way possible.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
P3biker4 wrote:
fireman- wrote:
man, choosing pedals should not be this hard. just get the ones you want.
true, but i want the 5050's, and everyone says they break, and I don't want to waste money on pedals that will break. but i also don't want crappy looking pedals like the MG-1

Go ahead and waste your money on 50/50 then, but don't complain when we all sing out, "Told you so" when you come back whining about how you bought crappy pedals. It shouldn't matter how a pedal looks when it's really about performance.
agreed, not on the fact 5050's are crap, because mine never broke after 1 year of torture.

but i think it should be 90% performance and 10% looks. obviously, you dont want them to look crap but... you get the idea.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
I can't remember the last time i saw my pedal while riding. Just saying.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
dubhex wrote:
I can't remember the last time i saw my pedal while riding. Just saying.
fair comment.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
fireman- wrote:
they dont even look like a good pedal...
Ya, part of it is that they say Wellgo on them

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
p2fever wrote:
fireman- wrote:
they dont even look like a good pedal...
Ya, part of it is that they say Wellgo on them
well to me they just look like the kind of pedals you would find on a canadian tire bike.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
fireman- wrote:
p2fever wrote:
fireman- wrote:
they dont even look like a good pedal...
Ya, part of it is that they say Wellgo on them
well to me they just look like the kind of pedals you would find on a canadian tire bike.
ya me too

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
man cheek these things out!Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.tiogausa.com/international/grphx/monoblock.jpg


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014937
Mobile Version of Website