Wellgo MG-52 (but probably not)
Atomlab Aircorp?
Odyssey Trailmix
24seven Slack?
Hoffman Soulmate?
Mosh Step
Macneil Face
1664 Beaver Trap

I have a pic of my soulamtes somewhere..hang on (oh wait.. its on a sire...)

http://www.danscomp.com/465240.php

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
fireman- wrote:
man cheek these things out!Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.tiogausa.com/international/grphx/monoblock.jpg
deadly shins!!!

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
i've been riding the odyssey twisted pc's for like 3 days and i like them for street haven't used them for dj'ing yet lol but before those i had dmr V8 and they where awesome all round

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
fireman- wrote:
p2fever wrote:
fireman- wrote:
they dont even look like a good pedal...
Ya, part of it is that they say Wellgo on them
well to me they just look like the kind of pedals you would find on a canadian tire bike.

Wellgo makes the lightest flat pedal in the world, plastic included. If you can't swallow your pride and you keep away from it because of the name, well I don't know what to tell you.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
the name does not bother me. the wellgos that came on my 05 bigfoot broke within a week of ridding. ok. its whats inside that counts. im sure the MG or whatever they are, are ok pedals, but you cant tell me they are the best.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
They're probably the best pedal out there, especially for the price. Lighter than hell, still fairly strong, tons of grip, good sealed bearings, strong axle, and a low price.

For dirt and street they make perfect sense, because you're very rarely whacking your pedal against objects, such as you would for DH.

Please tell me one actual fact regarding the MG-1 that would make it a worse pedal than ANYTHING you've suggested.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
has anyone talked about these? 565g $109 but im sure you can find them cheaper, local lbs has them and im considering themhttp://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.drillium

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
Needlessly heavy. More suited to DH use.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
fireman- wrote:
man, choosing pedals should not be this hard. just get the ones you want.
ya i totaly agree with you!

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
fireman- wrote:
the name does not bother me. the wellgos that came on my 05 bigfoot broke within a week of ridding. ok. its whats inside that counts. im sure the MG or whatever they are, are ok pedals, but you cant tell me they are the best.

Yeah, Iron Horse also makes some pretty bad bikes too, but would you second guess a Sunday based on the brand?

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
There's too many good options to just grab and go. If you spend a bit of time, you'll end up with a much nicer pedal.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
these are the ones he's choosing from.

Wellgo MG-1
Wellgo MG-52 (but probably not)
Atomlab Aircorp?
Odyssey Trailmix
24seven Slack?
Hoffman Soulmate?
Mosh Step
Macneil Face
1664 Beaver Trap

i would go with the aircorp.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
I have both the Aircorp and the MG-1. Aircorp are a bigger platform, but they have a bit of concavity to the pedal which takes a little getting used to. But they are another great pedal.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
i have the MG-1's. Weight is 378grams, compared to the typical 500+gram pedals on that list. It depends on how much you care about weight, but out of price, grip, weight, durability, MG-1 beats pretty much everything. If you want looks, more colour choice, get something else, but its likely going to be heavier and more expensive. If you're really into weight, you can get the MG-1s in ti spindle, making the weight 300grams...thats about half a pound of weight saved vs other typical aluminum pedals. Even the other companies' magnesium + ti pedals arent as light as the wellgos.

Also, what i like about these is that the platform shape puts your feet farther away from the crank than other pedals. This means less shoe rub on the cranks and/or shoe jams on the chainstay/rim brake.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
I'm runnin the odyssey twisted pc's too, they're cheap, stiff, supportive, and the color options are good. 15 bucks a pair, you cant beat that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036945
Mobile Version of Website