Black Market RIOT sharpie graphics

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Black Market RIOT sharpie graphics
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
DKrider65 wrote:
the-lunatic wrote:
what i was trying to say is that if it was mass reproduced it would no longer be custom
limited edition like 100 or something like that and besides he would get paid a lot of money not for free
less than 100, in the biking world, 100 isnt that limited. 25 or 50?

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
erik74 wrote:
DKrider65 wrote:
the-lunatic wrote:
what i was trying to say is that if it was mass reproduced it would no longer be custom
limited edition like 100 or something like that and besides he would get paid a lot of money not for free
less than 100, in the biking world, 100 isnt that limited. 25 or 50?
Actually 100 is pretty limited, think about how many frames Blk Mrkt sell each year...

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
i love your art! my frame is black, is there any way that u could do a white design on my stp? please respond, and i only want the incomplete.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
JumpSTP wrote:
i love your art! my frame is black, is there any way that u could do a white design on my stp? please respond, and i only want the incomplete.
Send him requests via PB Message. Not his thread.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
Good job on the frame. I just saw this post. I've been doing sharpie art for BMW and also for "Sharpie"for a little over a year and a half. Carefull with the clearcoat as it will "Lift" the sharpie. Better to use Sharpie brand oil based paint markers as seen here on the hood of my old car. Once again. good work and best of luck.

photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3490/3456315025_db363764de_o.jpg

ps. You need to charge more... those prices are WAY too cheap.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
your car is godly.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
spdu4ia wrote:

ps. You need to charge more... those prices are WAY too cheap.

the biking world is cheap. nobody wants to spend a ton of money on a custom sharpie job when they can just get their frame anodized or re-painted. his prices are pretty good since people are still really interested. its not like the car world where you have celebrities and guys with way to much money that will pay thousands and thousands of dollars to get it done.

really nice car by the way.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
I guess I see your point but art is art no mater what your media or canvas is. Being on the other side I just hate to see someone with tallent sell themselves short. But looks like he is doing well and got some publicity and offers.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
but sometimes selling yourself a little short is necessary. my art teacher told me if he had the money to throw around, he'd love to buy one of my graphite drawings and would be willing to pay $250. my art class i having an art sale to raise money to take a trip into the city to visit some galleries. i plan on selling it for about $40, as people in my area wont pay the real worth of art. selling myself short is necessary.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
point made and taken. I understand where you are comming from. I was once told by an older artist that I looked up to that you do have to meet the market to make money, but at the same time bring the overall price of your work down. It is a necessary evil unfortunatly. Great work!

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/4233/pbpic4233773.jpg

I just sharpied my RAV...

I guess black isn't the best colour choiceMadder lol Confused Facepalm

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
is tht supposed to be a joke?

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
is tht supposed to be a joke?

well duh!!

Is that supposed to be a legimate question?

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
idk was tht supposed to be a legitimat post or just waste of time?

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 17:10 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
idk was tht supposed to be a legitimat post or just waste of time?

LOL, the thing about arguing with retards is that no one can tell which is the retard.
Sorry for wasting your time my friend, if there's any way I can get you those 20 seconds back, let me know and I'll do it.

Some people have no sense of humourMadder Madder Madder Madder Facepalm

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.106618
Mobile Version of Website