Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's
Posted: Jun 14, 2015 at 22:51 Quote
I'm pretty new to riding. I live on Burke so that's where I've been going. I work on Eagle though. Where do you access the trails from?

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2015 at 7:48 Quote
cmatchett wrote:
I'm pretty new to riding. I live on Burke so that's where I've been going. I work on Eagle though. Where do you access the trails from?

You can access the lower trails and the Starz/North Starz network from Bert Flinn Park by the roundabout at the end of David.
The upper mountain can be accessed through Imby off the end of Fernway Drive (Bottom of Randy's/Blue Line). If you are driving to the trails, then there is parking available at the gravel overflow lot for Aspenwood Elementary School on Panorama drive, just west of Forest Park Way (Please try not to park on the side of the streets if you can help it, maintaining good relations with the neighbourhood is good).
http://www.trailforks.com/region/eagle-mountain/

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 9:19 Quote
Exciting news from TORCA:
Exciting times for Eagle Mountain! We are working to legitimize the trails! Read on for the details, the upcoming changes, and the reasons YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED about this.

Who’s involved?
Recreation Sites and Trails BC (RSTBC), TORCA, and Eagle Mountain Moto (EMM) are working TOGETHER to enhance the mountain bike and moto experience while minimizing user conflict on Eagle.

What’s happening?
We have a 1 YEAR OPPORTUNITY to show RSTBC what we can do! We’ll be removing old and unauthorized TTFs (Technical Trail Features), rebuilding features to meet current trail building standards, and creating a world-class mountain bike trail system.

Which trails?
We’ll be working on your favourites: IMBY, Physiotherapy, Eastbound and Down, Hammer Time, and Blue Line. AND! We’ll be revitalizing Manhandler, More Therapy, Three Little Pigs, and Shock Therapy.

Then what?
If we can prove ourselves, there are possibilities for future trail remediation AND TRAIL EXPANSION! We envision a future blue flow trail, technical trails, and an optional climbing route. This will all depend on our work, the relationship with RSTBC, and our community!

How can I help?
Glad you asked. Our trail fund is healthy and growing, and we are actively fundraising and applying for grants. Keep supporting TORCA, come to trail days, and be a part of this new phase for Eagle.

What else?
EMM will be working on the mountain too. Specifically, they have authorization to work on and ride Mistress. TORCA is aiming for this to be a mountain bike line in the future with rerouting and separate lines for motos and mountain bikes. Our vision still has the big log ride and the Tombstone drop!

Excited?
We sure are. You’ll see old features continue being removed over the next months. And then, we’ll start building! Keep in touch, ask us if you have any questions, check out our newsletter and Facebook page for updates, and don’t forget to renew your memberships!

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
Great News from TORCA

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
Can someone tell me if the Coq river connector is a one way trail? Id like to get across to the Coq river trail from the powerlines

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 16:04 Quote
ehfour wrote:
Can someone tell me if the Coq river connector is a one way trail? Id like to get across to the Coq river trail from the powerlines

Its both ways....easy ride or hike

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 16:58 Quote
drevisuals wrote:
ehfour wrote:

Cool thanks!

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2016 at 7:28 Quote
drevisuals wrote:
ehfour wrote:

Good luck riding up it! Hike up should be fine though, not much traffic on that trail these days.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 9:57 Quote
Biggles604 wrote:
drevisuals wrote:
ehfour wrote:

Good luck riding up it! Hike up should be fine though, not much traffic on that trail these days.

Thanks, too much snow up here these days

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
"Under the authority of the Forest and Range Practices Act, and in accordance with Section 20 of the Forest Recreation Regulation,

"A recreation officer my establish rules for the use of a recreation site, recreation trail or interpretive forest site by posting a sign containing the rules to be followed at the site or trail (5.) A person, with respect to a sign posted under subsection (5), must not (a) contravene the rule expressed in the sign, or (b) remove, alter, cover, destroy or deface the sign (6)."

The District Recreation Officer has determined that, effective immediately, the trails locally named Manhandler and Three Little Pigs will be closed until further notice."

Anybody have any insight on this?

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 17:08 Quote
Some issues with trail building .. not sure on the details .. someone put in a re route that wasn't allowed

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
Guys & Gals,

Want to try some of the lower mountain trails (starz) of Eagle mtn and have a couple of newbie questions

1) Park on the road below the roundabout? or in the High School lot?
2) Any suggestions on a route? I was thinking about starting on: Bert Flynn to Starz Lines to Path and back to Bert Flynn
Is this a good loop?

Thanks in adv

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 14:32 Quote
Hi all, new to PoCO. Want to check out the Tricities trails. Let me know if you want a riding partner. I am an intermediate to advanced rider but haven't ridden in 3 years due to family stuff (mainly having kids) so eager to get back out. Cardio isn't the best right now but working on it. Let me know! I have all mtn and downhill rigs so if anyone in the PoCo or area wants to hit up Whistler or Coast Gravity Park let me know! Eager to ride more around my new home! Cheers, Phil. Text me 604-313-8170.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2018 at 5:42 Quote
This place is dead

Has anyone else noticed how "Busy" Burke has become now with more trails being posted on TF? The road up to the gun lodge is so packed with cars on the weekend.

No issue, just an oberservation

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016296
Mobile Version of Website