Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's
Author Message
Posted: Sep 13, 2018 at 9:01 Quote
ehfour wrote:
This place is dead

Has anyone else noticed how "Busy" Burke has become now with more trails being posted on TF? The road up to the gun lodge is so packed with cars on the weekend.

No issue, just an oberservation

Waaaaay more hikers than cyclists imo. I'm running into hikers every ride now way in behind by Sawblade area. Par for the course with the development happening.

Posted: Sep 13, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
Yeah I was gonna say I don’t see too many more bikers on the trails but tons of cars for sure. Anyone know how much longer the lower trails are safe until development destroys them?

Posted: Sep 14, 2018 at 14:42 Quote
ehfour wrote:
This place is dead

Has anyone else noticed how "Busy" Burke has become now with more trails being posted on TF? The road up to the gun lodge is so packed with cars on the weekend.

No issue, just an oberservation

I'm one of those guys re: Trailforks... made my first trip out on August long weekend and loved it, sick trails you guys have there. Nice change from the shore for sure. Still seemed way fewer people than the shore too.

Posted: Sep 14, 2018 at 17:33 Quote
Burke has been over run by squids... hikers walking up the dh trails ... I’ve crashed 3 times this year because of morons tentacling up the hill

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 12:53 Quote
For me, I will always support more people and more awareness for our trails

Went out for an early Monday afternoon ride and ran across 8+ bikers...makes me think doesnt anyone work anymore...hahaha

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
ehfour wrote:

Went out for an early Monday afternoon ride and ran across 8+ bikers...makes me think doesnt anyone work anymore...hahaha

Dude every day of my life I wonder that exact same thing! Most expensive place to live apparently, probably because nobody works! Lol

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 9:58 Quote
Fireroad madness on Burke-



Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 20:56 Quote
Biggles604 wrote:
Exciting news from TORCA:
Exciting times for Eagle Mountain! We are working to legitimize the trails! Read on for the details, the upcoming changes, and the reasons YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED about this.

Who’s involved?
Recreation Sites and Trails BC (RSTBC), TORCA, and Eagle Mountain Moto (EMM) are working TOGETHER to enhance the mountain bike and moto experience while minimizing user conflict on Eagle.

What’s happening?
We have a 1 YEAR OPPORTUNITY to show RSTBC what we can do! We’ll be removing old and unauthorized TTFs (Technical Trail Features), rebuilding features to meet current trail building standards, and creating a world-class mountain bike trail system.

Which trails?
We’ll be working on your favourites: IMBY, Physiotherapy, Eastbound and Down, Hammer Time, and Blue Line. AND! We’ll be revitalizing Manhandler, More Therapy, Three Little Pigs, and Shock Therapy.

Then what?
If we can prove ourselves, there are possibilities for future trail remediation AND TRAIL EXPANSION! We envision a future blue flow trail, technical trails, and an optional climbing route. This will all depend on our work, the relationship with RSTBC, and our community!

How can I help?
Glad you asked. Our trail fund is healthy and growing, and we are actively fundraising and applying for grants. Keep supporting TORCA, come to trail days, and be a part of this new phase for Eagle.

What else?
EMM will be working on the mountain too. Specifically, they have authorization to work on and ride Mistress. TORCA is aiming for this to be a mountain bike line in the future with rerouting and separate lines for motos and mountain bikes. Our vision still has the big log ride and the Tombstone drop!

Excited?
We sure are. You’ll see old features continue being removed over the next months. And then, we’ll start building! Keep in touch, ask us if you have any questions, check out our newsletter and Facebook page for updates, and don’t forget to renew your memberships!

Does anybody have an update on this situation?

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
carnell wrote:
Does anybody have an update on this situation?

Ask the man himself @creepingdirt on Instagram

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
drevisuals wrote:
carnell wrote:
Does anybody have an update on this situation?

Ask the man himself @creepingdirt on Instagram

cheers!

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
[Quote="carnell"]
Biggles604 wrote:
Exciting news from TORCA:
Does anybody have an update on this situation?

I've been riding Eagle a bit the past 6 months, it seemed to me that there was something new and improved every time I rode.

Three Little Pigs and Manhandler went through a bunch of maintenance and are running great. They added a new steep ramp at the top of Manhandler. Pretty fun. It was destroyed in the windstorm a few weeks ago and rebuilt in less than a week! There is also a drop being built about midway down as well, don't think it is ready just yet. As someone mentioned, follow @creepingdirt on Instagram for updates on those.

Physiotherapy has had a medium size reroute which avoids a steep section and makes the climb more manageable, as well there was work done in getting a joining route midway to allow for the some better loops.

Hammer Time had a minor reroute to help with an awkward mid-trail climb. Well, I thought it was awkward.

There was likely more more, but this is what I saw. All good improvements and making Eagle a pretty fun place to ride.

There seems to be one common figure-eight route on the upper part that hits all the highlights - it goes as:

Up Physiotherapy, then a bit of Decapitator and Shock Therapy to Manhandler. Down Manhandler and Three Little Pigs, then back up the Powerline Road to the Physio-Decap Connector and up the last section of Physiotherapy again to East Bound and Down. Down and finish with Hammer Time. Then do whatever on the lower section depending on where you started.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
[Quote="atomicspike"]
carnell wrote:
Biggles604 wrote:
Exciting news from TORCA:
Does anybody have an update on this situation?

I've been riding Eagle a bit the past 6 months, it seemed to me that there was something new and improved every time I rode.

Three Little Pigs and Manhandler went through a bunch of maintenance and are running great. They added a new steep ramp at the top of Manhandler. Pretty fun. It was destroyed in the windstorm a few weeks ago and rebuilt in less than a week! There is also a drop being built about midway down as well, don't think it is ready just yet. As someone mentioned, follow @creepingdirt on Instagram for updates on those.

Physiotherapy has had a medium size reroute which avoids a steep section and makes the climb more manageable, as well there was work done in getting a joining route midway to allow for the some better loops.

Hammer Time had a minor reroute to help with an awkward mid-trail climb. Well, I thought it was awkward.

There was likely more more, but this is what I saw. All good improvements and making Eagle a pretty fun place to ride.

There seems to be one common figure-eight route on the upper part that hits all the highlights - it goes as:

Up Physiotherapy, then a bit of Decapitator and Shock Therapy to Manhandler. Down Manhandler and Three Little Pigs, then back up the Powerline Road to the Physio-Decap Connector and up the last section of Physiotherapy again to East Bound and Down. Down and finish with Hammer Time. Then do whatever on the lower section depending on where you started.

Always want to ride in Eagle, but never want to climb IMBY- is there a better way(read: easier) to get up to those trails?

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
[Quote="ehfour"]
atomicspike wrote:
carnell wrote:


I've been riding Eagle a bit the past 6 months, it seemed to me that there was something new and improved every time I rode.

Three Little Pigs and Manhandler went through a bunch of maintenance and are running great. They added a new steep ramp at the top of Manhandler. Pretty fun. It was destroyed in the windstorm a few weeks ago and rebuilt in less than a week! There is also a drop being built about midway down as well, don't think it is ready just yet. As someone mentioned, follow @creepingdirt on Instagram for updates on those.

Physiotherapy has had a medium size reroute which avoids a steep section and makes the climb more manageable, as well there was work done in getting a joining route midway to allow for the some better loops.

Hammer Time had a minor reroute to help with an awkward mid-trail climb. Well, I thought it was awkward.

There was likely more more, but this is what I saw. All good improvements and making Eagle a pretty fun place to ride.

There seems to be one common figure-eight route on the upper part that hits all the highlights - it goes as:

Up Physiotherapy, then a bit of Decapitator and Shock Therapy to Manhandler. Down Manhandler and Three Little Pigs, then back up the Powerline Road to the Physio-Decap Connector and up the last section of Physiotherapy again to East Bound and Down. Down and finish with Hammer Time. Then do whatever on the lower section depending on where you started.

Always want to ride in Eagle, but never want to climb IMBY- is there a better way(read: easier) to get up to those trails?

Yeah you can park at the power station kind of where the top of the Coquitlam Crunch is and ride up the road.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
Love riding at Eagle, did a Full Pull in mid November in prime conditions. I usually give up and push up IMBY because I burn too much energy constantly jumping on/off the bike as a crappy technical climber. I did notice Physio was easier last time I was there compared to a year or two ago.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Shout out to the Burke Trail Faries!

Appreciate all you guys/gals do.

Where can I stash beer or send money? Also more than happy to assist in helping out “maintaining” some of the higher elevation trails that need some TLC after the winter/rain run off. Send PM.

Cheers,

PocoBoho


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022263
Mobile Version of Website