What is the WORST injury you have had ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What is the WORST injury you have had ?
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
banshee-ripper wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
My injury has got nothing on some of you guys... I don't know if I could deal with some of the things in here as well as you people have.
Wrists should NOT bend like this though... =/
1 metal plate, 7 screws, 15 stitches.
My sister had something like that happen, except her bone was poking through the skin! Eek
Yea I was close to having that happen from what I'm told.
I have really thick Dakota work gloves for riding, chances are if the break was an inch away from where it was, there would have been bone showing. Big thick synthetic leather, and shock absorbing rubber is what saved me.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 15:27 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
banshee-ripper wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
My injury has got nothing on some of you guys... I don't know if I could deal with some of the things in here as well as you people have.
Wrists should NOT bend like this though... =/
1 metal plate, 7 screws, 15 stitches.
My sister had something like that happen, except her bone was poking through the skin! Eek
Yea I was close to having that happen from what I'm told.
I have really thick Dakota work gloves for riding, chances are if the break was an inch away from where it was, there would have been bone showing. Big thick synthetic leather, and shock absorbing rubber is what saved me.
Yeah, thats good! She had no gloves or anything, and it also happened on a road(paved, covered w/gravle[town too cheap to repave]) hill, which when I went down this hill on my XC bike, I reached 45MPH...Eek

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
45mph=~80ish km/h?
I've done about 65/70km/h on my Banshee.

The slightest bump at that speed is sketchy.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
45mph=~80ish km/h?

my front tyre slipped at 64kph, on rocky grounds, somehow i managed not to crash :S

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
45mph=~80ish km/h?

my front tyre slipped at 64kph, on rocky grounds, somehow i managed not to crash :S
My front tires washed out up on Whistler(crank it up I think, was really muddy), got some WICKED roadrash haha. I was probly only doing like 40ish.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
a guy at my work was going down a hill and the bike came out form underneith him he was going about 40 and he slid 15 feet on pavement then onto the gravel! the road shreadded the ass of his shorts then started grionding on his own ass! his: ass, arms, knees, shoulder and ankles were all bloody. it was nasty

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
45mph=~80ish km/h?

I was going down a steep city street, and when I hit the brakes at the bottom, my front wheel sailed over a recessed manhole cover,and locked in mid air, and skidded on the other side of it... luckilly I thought fast enough to release it, and regain traction, and reapply the brake! Eek

EDIT:, my speed record was 54.7MPH on my old Clifcat Tankass.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
i cased a lake gap and broke both of my hands Frown

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 16:59 Quote
That must have been a HUUUUUUUGE gap. Big Grin

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
Not the worst injury, but my buddy now has an imprint from where a spring hit him in the neck cause his recons exploded!Eek

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 17:02 Quote
s1mba666 wrote:
Not the worst injury, but my buddy now has an imprint from where a spring hit him in the neck cause his recons exploded!Eek
That's kinda funny, as long as he's ok.:P

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
ya, but the fork's not

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 17:08 Quote
A fork can be replaced, a head can't.Smile

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 1:34 Quote
this past week.. i hit a 4 foot round cotton wood doing about 30mph broke 7 ribs and collapsed my left lung.. possibly fractured my hip/pelvis.. doctors said the amount of force it took to break 7 ribs if it was another 4 inches to my spine i wouldnt be walking.. anyways i had a 9" tube in my lung draining the blood for about 4 days

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
i stepped on a pitchfork at my friends cottage

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015131
Mobile Version of Website