Best down hill bike for a small beginner

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best down hill bike for a small beginner
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 8:46 Quote
Wanting to get into downhill and wanting to know what is the best beginner bike for a small rider

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 8:51 Quote
bobbywalton wrote:
Wanting to get into downhill and wanting to know what is the best beginner bike for a small rider

That depends how small you are. If you're under 5'6 I'd say a lot of size small DH bikes will be tight in terms of stand over.

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 8:59 Quote
ya depending how small you are looking at their are bikes like the stinky jr

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 9:04 Quote
im about 5.6 - 5.7 if thats any help (hieight in feet)

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 12:42 Quote
how much money do you want to throw into the bike?

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 11:07 Quote
bobbywalton wrote:
Well i'd hope it was feet! I'd say a small frame and i'd go single crown because i've got an a-line, with triple crowns and find it hard to get that round corners at times and i'm a 5ft11-6ft 17 year old. maybe a stinky or if you don't want to spend mega money diamondback have made a single crown dh bike aimed at beginner dh'ers

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 13:05 Quote
As a beginner, you're going to want a complete setup. It should be pretty forgiving and for your height, you're going to want the smallest size offered. Personally, I'd reccomend a Demo-8...Specialized offers a couple different trim levels depending on how much you want to spend on it. It has comfortable geometry, forgiving suspension, and is very fast without being totally DH race specific (you wont have to buy a new bike if you decide you like freeriding more.) Of course, it will come down to what you like and what is available. don't buy anything until u know u like it

but yeah thats my 2 cents on the matter. cheers!

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 20:46 Quote
sykesy wrote:
bobbywalton wrote:
Well i'd hope it was feet! I'd say a small frame and i'd go single crown because i've got an a-line, with triple crowns and find it hard to get that round corners at times and i'm a 5ft11-6ft 17 year old. maybe a stinky or if you don't want to spend mega money diamondback have made a single crown dh bike aimed at beginner dh'ers
In the name of RMR... Wink

There is NO SUCH THING as a triple crown fork. There are single crown forks and dual crown forks (also known as triple CLAMP)

Sorry to interrupt, I had to clear that up Razz .

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 5:35 Quote
if your just getting into downhill you might want to opt for a hard tail with maximum travel at front, for you can develop your skills. Then when you get on to a full sus DH rig, in thoery it should be easier to ride. however, i bought my clubroost first - full sus, and its so easy to run and ride, great for beginners - defo worth looking into Smile upto you really

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 5:45 Quote
roosterno1 wrote:
if your just getting into downhill you might want to opt for a hard tail with maximum travel at front, for you can develop your skills.y
This man knows the score, hone your skills using a hardtail and you'll become a much better rider. Then when you reckon you've exceeded hardtail limits move on to a rear sus bike.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 6:23 Quote
Kona Stinky, nothing better out there to learn on

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 7:46 Quote
Me a man?? nah im a woman cheers dude!! us girls ride too Wink haha

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 7:58 Quote
roosterno1 wrote:
Me a man?? nah im a woman cheers dude!! us girls ride too Wink haha
My bad Smile

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 8:01 Quote
No worries, your forgiven!!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010506
Mobile Version of Website