Best down hill bike for a small beginner

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best down hill bike for a small beginner
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:24 Quote
i still say demo 8 because they still have the advantages of 26" wheels and is much much better (performance and size wise) than the bighit, bline or any other bike. another bike to consider is a transition

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:30 Quote
nishnash wrote:
i still say demo 8 because they still have the advantages of 26" wheels and is much much better (performance and size wise) than the bighit, bline or any other bike. another bike to consider is a transition
the big hits have 26's now

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 19:05 Quote
not the bighits the bline i no the big hits have 26's

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 19:06 Quote
nishnash wrote:
didnt see that sorry

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
alpine-star wrote:
roosterno1 wrote:
if your just getting into downhill you might want to opt for a hard tail with maximum travel at front, for you can develop your skills.y
This man knows the score, hone your skills using a hardtail and you'll become a much better rider. Then when you reckon you've exceeded hardtail limits move on to a rear sus bike.
Ia gree...I started riding with a kona roast with boxxers on it and I leanrt well.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 21:18 Quote
mountainbiker709 wrote:
nishnash wrote:
didnt see that sorry
its okay watev

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 9:38 Quote
Santa cruz bullet or heckler. The small frames are -really- small, and they'll take one hell of a beating. But that's if ya have some money to spend. Another good one is the transition bottle rocket. Not really a full up DH bike, but at your size, it'd be great. Also, the small for it has very low standover height. Hell, I'm 6 foot and I want one, just cause it's like a hardtail with suspension.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:39 Quote
tokyopop03 wrote:
Mongoose ECD, Geo is on the spot, and it comes with excellent components for the money.

only bad thing.. it has mongoose on its nameConfused
What's wrong with Mongoose, their a top brand. Big names like Andrew Neethling, Eric Carter and Steve Romaniuk rides them.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 16:44 Quote
t3aSeR wrote:
tokyopop03 wrote:
Mongoose ECD, Geo is on the spot, and it comes with excellent components for the money.

only bad thing.. it has mongoose on its nameConfused
What's wrong with Mongoose, their a top brand. Big names like Andrew Neethling, Eric Carter and Steve Romaniuk rides them.
What he probably meant was, mongoose's are now a walmart brand. So it's a little less than desierable to have a bike like that. I personally love the ECD. Seriously, a boxer on a bike around 3 grand? Mint.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025369
Mobile Version of Website