Who else works on there bike?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Who else works on there bike?
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
I do my work, but when it comes to rims im no good with rims, and sometimes when i bend my derailure my buddy at th lbs is pretty good at makeing it work again, but i do all my own work for the rest of stuff. usually i will bring it for a complete overhall at the end of the season though, before it goes into my room for the winter.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 10:22 Quote
if i cant fix it, i just bodge job it

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 3:37 Quote
dirt-digger wrote:
if i cant fix it, i just bodge job it
Gaffer tape holds the universe together.Lump hammers are really good at"fixing" things.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 3:57 Quote
i can do most things on my bike, im just not good with cables, plus my bike place does my bike for free anyways and they do a great job.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:20 Quote
Nobody but me touches my ride!

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:25 Quote
I do all my own work but cable tensioning it just takes to long

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:32 Quote
i do all mt own work, except warranty work :-)

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
id o all of my work except for the rims i dotn want to screw with them

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:40 Quote
I've always worked on my bike, I love working on bikes. I take my bike apart every year, clean it, and put it back together. Smile

FL
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:43 Quote
suckafreedmr wrote:
Only dumbass rich posers bring their rides to the shop

I send my bike to the shop for everything, lubing the chain, changing a flat, anything - I personally hate working on bikes. And hey, if noone took their rides to shops, there wouldn't be any shops. To each his own, eh?

nate

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:44 Quote
-nate- wrote:
suckafreedmr wrote:
Only dumbass rich posers bring their rides to the shop

I send my bike to the shop for everything, lubing the chain, changing a flat, anything - I personally hate working on bikes. And hey, if noone took their rides to shops, there wouldn't be any shops. To each his own, eh?

nate
i find it more fun to work on my own it less of a pain in grahms ass too.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:46 Quote
haha alright this is wehre the duck tape and hockey tape and hacksaws and wood and hammers comes in, i dont have the tools to fix my bike but i figure the cheapest way possible is to use what i got i meen for instance put on your crown rac ejust get a metal pipe... put your headset in with a wooden block and a hammer... if you destroy your bushings just run with em ( only on old assed whistler rentals )... when your brakes seize up ( HFX 9 ) use a screwdriver flat head and pry em apart. you gotta be down with the scetchy quick fixes. your rim is bent smash it on the ground... anyways you gotta run your bike into the ground to be a true dirtbag but for everyone that doenst want a peice i'd reccomend not lisening to what i just said its just better this way Big Grin

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:48 Quote
hey, i put my headset races on my fork with pvc pipe... does that make me a dirtbag?

oo, and i banged chain pins in with a rock!

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:48 Quote
custom paint jobs from home hardware are pretty sick too

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:49 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
hey, i put my headset races on my fork with pvc pipe... does that make me a dirtbag?

oo, and i banged chain pins in with a rock!

yah man close to true dirtbag hahah

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018109
Mobile Version of Website