Kitchener-Waterloo

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Kitchener-Waterloo
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 3:17 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Doggin where did you get the deity template for painting your ramp?

Edit: maybe it's not deity lol. But the logo thing on the ramp?
I just got a logo off google, blew it up, cut t out on cardboard. Than painted it on. Took 20min. But I've had lots of people ask about it hah

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 3:20 Quote
Just my little wood ramp.
  Just my little wood ramp.
This is when is was brand new. The touch ups make it look shitty, but after a few week, and riding sessions, it looks good now.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 8:46 Quote
Portion of a trail I built behind my first student house. I've moved since then but if you want to know where the spot is let me know. The area has potential.

Little bit of digging

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 8:53 Quote
problem with that spot is the local shit heads will come across it and just f*cks with it for fun. every spot down there has suffered the same.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 11:18 Quote
Doggin wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Doggin where did you get the deity template for painting your ramp?

Edit: maybe it's not deity lol. But the logo thing on the ramp?
I just got a logo off google, blew it up, cut t out on cardboard. Than painted it on. Took 20min. But I've had lots of people ask about it hah

Ahh. I did that once with an Ns logo. Took me forever to cut out. I'm not very artsy lol.

I am trying to get someone to print me some vinyl templates. Stick it on. Paint, and peel it off lol.

And yeah for sure I can get you a pic of the ramps before you come out. I'd like to see them go to a good home. They are made from pressure treated wood so should last

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 11:23 Quote
Bud even if they are falling apart I'll come take them. I want to get my little trail flying this year. Little 4' kickers can make fun hips.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 11:28 Quote
Doggin wrote:
Bud even if they are falling apart I'll come take them. I want to get my little trail flying this year. Little 4' kickers can make fun hips.

Nah they aren't falling apart by any means. I'll take a pic and upload it later for ya

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Doggin wrote:

Nah they aren't falling apart by any means. I'll take a pic and upload it later for ya

Sweet thanks a lot man. I'll owe ya some beers

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 15:34 Quote
Im thinking about putting wooden ramps at my jumps. Less maintenance any of you guys have wooden jumps at your spots? (i know doggin does)

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 15:40 Quote
YouAintGettinNun wrote:
Im thinking about putting wooden ramps at my jumps. Less maintenance any of you guys have wooden jumps at your spots? (i know doggin does)
In well known spots, I've heard of people burning wood jumps down. I'd love to catch them in the process....

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 15:50 Quote
Really? Do people not have anything to do but f*ck peoples fun up? My jumps get trashed a lot might move them not sure yet. Too much hardwork there.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 19:09 Quote
YouAintGettinNun wrote:

I personally wouldn't mess with anything but wood for ramps Big Grin

So much easier to design and build right the first time, and less maintenance

Downsides are
Cost
Needing woodworking tools.
Having to bring wood ramps into hidden trails or deep into the forest is hard. Kind of hard to build of there without dragging a bunch of tools and having a nice fat level place to build them.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 19:40 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
YouAintGettinNun wrote:

Downsides are
Cost
Having to bring wood ramps into hidden trails or deep into the forest is hard. Kind of hard to build of there without dragging a bunch of tools and having a nice fat level place to build them.

a cordless drill makes things easier

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 19:42 Quote
biggest thing that would keep me from doing wood at a spot you are already getting vandalism at is that now they have stuff they can make a fire with... and a big one at that. wanna know the best way to get your jumps shut down and plowed over by the city/ township? the fire department having to go in and put out a fire made from your ramps. just sayin.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 20:04 Quote
william4269 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
YouAintGettinNun wrote:

Downsides are
Cost

a cordless drill makes things easier

Lol. Ya I guess.

I didn't know anyone still used corded drills

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012093
Mobile Version of Website