Would a fox f-100 stand up to the abuse of djing

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Would a fox f-100 stand up to the abuse of djing
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
basically the title says it all. im looking for a fork to put on my bike and i noticed the fox f-100 is uber light but its an xc fork and im just wondering if it'll stand up to the abuse. my second choice would be an argyle 318 unless you guys no of any good djing forks that are under the weight of the argyle.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
I'm pretty sure Kyle Strait used to run an F-100 on his hardtail, another fork that is getting really popular for djing is the x-fusion velvet they're light as well.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
hoodedryder8 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Kyle Strait used to run an F-100 on his hardtail, another fork that is getting really popular for djing is the x-fusion velvet they're light as well.
ya the x fusion looks nice, and ya, a couple pros use the f 100 on their jump bikes, but they are not as stong as dj foks, and for them, its no big deal if they break, because they just get a new one, if you wanted it to work, you would have to be very smooth, and show it alot of tlc

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
i had the same question, most pro riders use it so i guess it would handle dj but remember if they brake one they get a new one for free. mabe go for a fox 32 because their stronger then the fox f

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
One thing to keep in mind is that with a 9mm fork, you have a 9mm axle, which lets the fork flex more. Add that flex to the flex that comes with the small stanchions, and you'll be snapping axles pretty often if you spin.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
hoodedryder8 wrote:
ya the x fusion looks nice, and ya, a couple pros use the f 100 on their jump bikes, but they are not as stong as dj foks, and for them, its no big deal if they break, because they just get a new one, if you wanted it to work, you would have to be very smooth, and show it alot of tlc
the only thing is, even if you are a pro, you still dont want your fork to snap. usually when a fork snaps it = injury or at the very worst, it will snap at a big comp and people will be like, oh that fork is a peice of shit.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
i had the same question, most pro riders use it so i guess it would handle dj but remember if they brake one they get a new one for free. mabe go for a fox 32 because their stronger then the fox f

thats the float 32 rite? i notice it is 140mm but im guessing i can get it lowered to 100mm. i also noticed it has a 15mm qr axle. does that mean i got to get a special hub for it or will a 20mm work?Confused

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
will54869 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
hoodedryder8 wrote:
the only thing is, even if you are a pro, you still dont want your fork to snap. usually when a fork snaps it = injury or at the very worst, it will snap at a big comp and people will be like, oh that fork is a peice of shit.

ya, but i wouldent be worried about them snapping in half on some landing, i would be worried about the internals getting f*cked up, and maby some hairline cracks, but i doubt they would fully snap in half on a landing, thus injuring a rider

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
I'd get a fox 32 float because it can handle freeride and get it lowered to 100mm, it's like 3.54 pounds. you'll need a 15qr axel hub. shimano saint and slx look pretty sick. imo, the 32 float rlc or rc2, not quite sure, is the best dj fork.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
konacowboy wrote:
I'd get a fox 32 float because it can handle freeride and get it lowered to 100mm, it's like 3.54 pounds. you'll need a 15qr axel hub. shimano saint and slx look pretty sick. imo, the 32 float rlc or rc2, not quite sure, is the best dj fork.

i dont think u can get an rc2. so i'll probably get the float 32 rlc and have it lowered to 100mm. for hubs i'll just get a hope pro2.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
dmanj wrote:
konacowboy wrote:

i dont think u can get an rc2. so i'll probably get the float 32 rlc and have it lowered to 100mm. for hubs i'll just get a hope pro2.
hope pro 2's are 20mm I think. and the saints are sick.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
konacowboy wrote:
dmanj wrote:
konacowboy wrote:

Hope has been selling conversion kits for the Pro2 for some time.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
konacowboy wrote:
dmanj wrote:
konacowboy wrote:

what about the xt deore hub. i cant seem to find the saint for some reasonConfused

EDIT: ^^ ya i noticed that, i might just stick wit the pro2 then

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
buy a velvet, best DJ fork I have been on.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
dmanj wrote:
konacowboy wrote:
dmanj wrote:

what about the xt deore hub. i cant seem to find the saint for some reasonConfused

EDIT: ^^ ya i noticed that, i might just stick wit the pro2 then
nvr mind about the saint, the slx is 15qr, it's also sick, and lighter. 09 though, so you'll have to talk to your lbs about it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010428
Mobile Version of Website