Your BMX tyre combo

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Your BMX tyre combo
FL
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 6:20 Quote
front Fly Ruben 2.25, Rear Khe Street Mac 2 (2.10)

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
stock Fit tire on front - 2.1
ASM on rear - 1.95

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
2.25 FAF for the front, 2.1 folding Revenge in the rear. Feels perfect, my friends aitken plyte feels too big for me.

You have a folding tire? How does it hold up as far as big drops and grind? I'm still hesitant on folding tires.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
drewfunk wrote:
2.25 FAF for the front, 2.1 folding Revenge in the rear. Feels perfect, my friends aitken plyte feels too big for me.

You have a folding tire? How does it hold up as far as big drops and grind? I'm still hesitant on folding tires.

I know ur asking drew but logically they are fine. They hold the same sidewall and and tread thickness the only difference is the metal hopes that make the bead are now kevlar. So really they would hold up the same as any other tire. With of course exceptions like the khe park and tires like that.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
bradyc wrote:
lettusdude wrote:
drewfunk wrote:

I know ur asking drew but logically they are fine. They hold the same sidewall and and tread thickness the only difference is the metal hopes that make the bead are now kevlar. So really they would hold up the same as any other tire. With of course exceptions like the khe park and tires like that.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm fairly certain that they use different types of rubber as well as thickness of the rubber for folding tires.

Taken from SPRFLS.

[Quoten]The Kevlar beads alone, according to the late, great Sheldon Brown, save roughly 50 grams—two ounces—per tire. Of course he was talking about road and mountain tires, which are larger in diameter. So lets say it's more like three ounces per pair.

But according to the ever-reliable Dan's Comp website, the weight savings are actually more substantial than that. A regular old 2.1 Animal GLH tire weighs in at 26.9 ounces, while the identical size GLH Type R is 21.2 ounces. That's 5.7 ounces per tire, almost 3/4 pound for the pair.

So there's obviously more to this than just Kevlar beads. Thinner sidewalls, lighter casing, different rubber compounds, less rubber overall,[/Quoten]

This was also taken from the Animal site

bigquotesThe GLH R-Compound tire features the same tire design and dimensions as the traditional GLH but has a slightly softer compound and a Kevlar bead to reduce weight. 110psi and available in 1.95" (16.3oz), 2.1" (20.7oz) and 2.25" (23.8oz).

I don't know about you, but Sheldon Brown was a damn smart guy when it comes to bikes and I'll take anything on his site as fact. It's these reasons that make me worried about spending that much money on a tire that will wear out quicker/possible blow the side wall easier.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
Well I'll be damned, it's a good thing i used that safety word "logically" eh? Wink

All I know is that folding faf-k's wore down fairly quickly and the rubber has holes all voer the tire, compound is def an issue with these. But theya re holding up quite well for nearing 4 months on them. The front's bald from sliders, but the back has alot of tread on it still. My 2 cents

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
yer ive had my douts about folding tires to but ive heard they hold up pretty good

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
bradyc wrote:
Well I'll be damned, it's a good thing i used that safety word "logically" eh? Wink

All I know is that folding faf-k's wore down fairly quickly and the rubber has holes all voer the tire, compound is def an issue with these. But theya re holding up quite well for nearing 4 months on them. The front's bald from sliders, but the back has alot of tread on it still. My 2 cents

my fit 1.95 lasted for about 2 months, considerign how much a ride i think it did pretty good

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 10:46 Quote
Just got a 2.20 Primo Dirt Monster Fab

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
i ride a maxxis holltroller 1.95 up front and a maxxis miracle 2.10 in the back. next monday ill have a primo coment 1.95 out back and the 2.10 miracle in front.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 1:08 Quote
thinkin about gettin a maxis mtred or miracle to run up front?

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 1:45 Quote
Crossmark for X.C.
Minion for Downhill

Maxxis rules.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 5:43 Quote
i run aitken 2.25 up front and path 2.1 on the back

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 6:23 Quote
shadow undertaker kevlar 1.95 back, 2.25 front

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
Ive got 2 Ruben 2.25's nothing feels better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020648
Mobile Version of Website