XC Bikes

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 20:12 Quote
Quinn-39 wrote:
27lbs?

I believe it, xc really light rims, xc light tires (im guessing tubeless), no dropper, and frame looks small or medium.

The spec definitely wouldnt work for AM for me at 170 geared up but I assume it works for him.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 20:22 Quote
Rest by the lake
here is my xc bike 2011 norco phaser don't have any drive side pics probably should put some up, There are some really nice bikes in this thread

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 20:38 Quote
Quinn-39 wrote:
27lbs?

Yup, was 29 lbs. when it was 3x9 gearing with heavy ass Hayes brakes. I just upgraded the brakes and changed to 1x10 set-up and was surprised by how much weight it dropped...

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 5:18 Quote
27lbs seems a bit much, no?

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 7:31 Quote
Here is one for the record books. My Enduro is 11 years old and still going strong. She did take a hook in the shop for about 8 years, but got her up and running again, this past summer. She needed new shifters, new tires and a new rear shock.
2002 Specialized Enduro. Original Frame was yellow. It broke in about 1 months time. Specialized replaced it with this frame and it has not failed in 11 years.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 7:36 Quote
Nice enduro, I actually see a ton of older specialized's and cannondales still running strong. I have a buddy with the exact same frame as you but he built it up a little burlier.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 7:38 Quote
my dad still has his older cannondale F400(?) when everything was still made in the US. Its a very nice frame, I want to upgrade it to some more recent componants...and the front shock. fells like riding a rigid frame at this point.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 7:38 Quote
Feltflow997 wrote:
my dad still has his older cannondale F400(?) when everything was still made in the US. Its a very nice frame, I want to upgrade it to some more recent componants...and the front shock. fells like riding a rigid frame at this point.

maybe it's an F430....?

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 7:43 Quote
My 2009 Giant Trance x4 w all the upgrades..
My 2009 Giant Trance x4 w all the upgrades..
My 2006 Diamondback Response I m building up.
Trance once again
The giant is my main bike, as you can see from all the upgrades, getting new brakes, cranks, chainrings, and pedals. The Diamondback needs new...... everything.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 7:52 Quote
Feltflow997 wrote:

F400 definitely, never made an F430. Getting head shocks serviced sucks!

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 8:00 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
Feltflow997 wrote:

F400 definitely, never made an F430. Getting head shocks serviced sucks!

Its a great bike. it's a bit old school, but it's cool bike. i'd love to completely upgrade the front shock, brakes and drivetrail. basically everything but the frame ha. im pretty sure he has the same tires on it from the day he bought it....

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 8:31 Quote
Yeah those are awesome frames. I have two F500's (2001 and 2002), one F1000sl (2003), and one jekyll 800 (2002)

At the moment none of them are in use due to the headshocks needing service. the jekyll has a lefty and Is going to be upgraded and fully running next season. Amazing bike, my all time favorite, I have a dozen KOM's on it from a year and a half ago that still haven't been beaten lol.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 8:33 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
Yeah those are awesome frames. I have two F500's (2001 and 2002), one F1000sl (2003), and one jekyll 800 (2002)

At the moment none of them are in use due to the headshocks needing service. the jekyll has a lefty and Is going to be upgraded and fully running next season. Amazing bike, my all time favorite, I have a dozen KOM's on it from a year and a half ago that still haven't been beaten lol.

i have a friend with a jekyll, i rode it once. loved it. ever since my dad bought his (now old school) F400, i thought cannondale was cool. they make some amazing bikes, no doubt about that.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 8:36 Quote
The USA made frames were all pieces of art Drool . Nowadays their frames are still incredibly nice but completely different, sort of a shame.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 8:59 Quote
shredjekyll wrote:
The USA made frames were all pieces of art Drool . Nowadays their frames are still incredibly nice but completely different, sort of a shame.

Completely agree. one of the coolest parts of the frame is that it says 'made in the USA'

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007608
Mobile Version of Website