Pike vs 4x

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
swifty17uk wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
5.15 uncut steerer + axle.
yeah but look at the trends theres a lot of people runing sub 5lb forks for dj/street without problems me being 1 of them
I can easily get my 4x under 5 lbs...
well my pike 454 coil sits in the scales at 4.7lbs
cut steerer, maxe lite, is all i have done

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
I hope you mean 4.7...
Your PIKE 454 was also ~$250 more than a 4x.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
I hope you mean 4.7...
yh sorted it now lol and not when u work in the trade =]

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
swifty17uk wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
I hope you mean 4.7...
Yeah but I'm not talking trade. Many people who work at my LBS demand that a 4x is sitting beside fox, nothing above the 4x besides fox and I would agree. Both pike I have ridden felt terrible.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
swifty17uk wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
I hope you mean 4.7...
Yeah but I'm not talking trade. Many people who work at my LBS demand that a 4x is sitting beside fox, nothing above the 4x besides fox and I would agree. Both pike I have ridden felt terrible.
id have to disagree my pikes felt super plush out of the box and feels really solid on the trails, i have heard alot of stories of 4x creaking after time etc but then people say the pikes are too soft so each forks has its good point and bad points,
i think it comes down to brand preference iv had no problems with rockshox so ill be sticking with them on all my future bikes

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 13:37 Quote
swifty17uk wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
swifty17uk wrote:

id have to disagree my pikes felt super plush out of the box and feels really solid on the trails, i have heard alot of stories of 4x creaking after time etc but then people say the pikes are too soft so each forks has its good point and bad points,
i think it comes down to brand preference iv had no problems with rockshox so ill be sticking with them on all my future bikes
I've had problems with both companies, my drop off broke, but it's a drop off.. I've seen many a pike snap as well as 4x.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
well the fact is that since they moved to tawian there quality has slipped and on the downhill forks and dirt jump forks there weight is too high compared to competitors[/Quote]

weight is 5.2 lbs for the 08 4x....hardly heavy[/Quote]

but if you look i have said downhill and dirt jump forks
but im a pike person Razz

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
craigdhboy wrote:
well the fact is that since they moved to tawian there quality has slipped and on the downhill forks and dirt jump forks there weight is too high compared to competitors

weight is 5.2 lbs for the 08 4x....hardly heavy[/Quote]

but if you look i have said downhill and dirt jump forks
but im a pike person Razz [/Quote]4x is basically DJ...

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 15:11 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
And yet it's still a better fork, crazy.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
Pike. Rockshox.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
igz- wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
In your opinion... please, would you stop quoting me? Your on my ignore list on mtbr and if pinkbike had the feature you'd be on it too, so let's pretend your on my block list, and shut up when it come to me.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
igz- wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
In your opinion... please, would you stop quoting me? Your on my ignore list on mtbr and if pinkbike had the feature you'd be on it too, so let's pretend your on my block list, and shut up when it come to me.

Don't drag me into this, but....you're both really convinced your own opinion is right. Much like watching a polar bear try to hump a boulder, it's funny to see and a little grating.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
dubhex wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
igz- wrote:

Don't drag me into this, but....you're both really convinced your own opinion is right. Much like watching a polar bear try to hump a boulder, it's funny to see and a little grating.
I don't like him, he doesn't like me, we both know it. But he doesn't need such a shit disturber.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
guys, dont flame, pike is an all mountain fork, its amazing,
marzo 4x is a 4x/dj/street fork, also amazing,
IMO you cant really debate this, ones lighter, ones stronger,
ones 250$ more, ones this colour, its all personal preferance,
for example, i think the best fork of all is my dj2?
cuz its bomb proof, although white (n)
thats my 2 cents

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020435
Mobile Version of Website