My Riot Build

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
DFC4LIFE wrote:
like i said im running a spacer kit on an aircorps hub but that is what was recommended to me by the blk mrkt/atomlab team...they claim that the setup i have is actually better than a ss hub...im taking thier word for it cause i usually dont get quite that technical on parts....about adjusting to the geo...i know what ya mean...the first time i tried to manual my bike i went for like 10 yds smooth then got to far back...much easier than my previous bike...now im kinda sketched about getting too far back and cant seem to hold it as long but nose manuals are workin out for me...another thing i notice is how freakin high the front end gets in the air....im constantly accounting for that and sometimes forget important things like putting my feet back on the pedals before i land...lol

Yeah, I ride brakeless, and I flip back on almost every manual after switching to a Riot from my P.2.

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 21:36 Quote
DFC4LIFE wrote:
like i said im running a spacer kit on an aircorps hub but that is what was recommended to me by the blk mrkt/atomlab team...they claim that the setup i have is actually better than a ss hub...im taking thier word for it cause i usually dont get quite that technical on parts....about adjusting to the geo...i know what ya mean...the first time i tried to manual my bike i went for like 10 yds smooth then got to far back...much easier than my previous bike...now im kinda sketched about getting too far back and cant seem to hold it as long but nose manuals are workin out for me...another thing i notice is how freakin high the front end gets in the air....im constantly accounting for that and sometimes forget important things like putting my feet back on the pedals before i land...lol

I had the same problem with the front end in the air when i first got my riot but now i have the weight balanced alot more even across the whole bike and its great. I think the riot frames are great the only other frame i would even think about chainging to would be a suburban and i still dont think i would

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
sometimes its great for trying to get over something...pullin that front end is effortless...you just have to conciously shove that nose into a landing and it can be distracting in some situations..ie:no-handers/no-footers....been workin that rear manual and im getting a bit more dialed into that geo...on another note...just started the rebuild on my 08 bighit...looks good so far just gotta wait a month or so to order new pedals and cranks....thinkin about doin a saints setup w/ deity pedals...not sure yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009252
Mobile Version of Website