Which sprocket on my bike?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Which sprocket on my bike?
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 9:22 Quote
gingersaurus wrote:
You do realise you'll have to change the cog on the back too?

I'm with the dude at the top. Tree.
yeah i know. im gonna get like a 12 or 13 tooth. im running 32-14 now.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 22:12 Quote
Ill probably go with the profile wake or imperial 28 tooth.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
dont get a termite sprocket as its heavy , but really strong.

i got a 28T TREELITE splined sprocket for my pinscher n its the lightest/strongest sprocket ive ever seen

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 17:39 Quote
whistlerfreerider420 wrote:
dont get a termite sprocket as its heavy , but really strong.

i got a 28T TREELITE splined sprocket for my pinscher n its the lightest/strongest sprocket ive ever seen
i ended up getting the Black Market Revolver lite. Heres the bike.
photo

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
I like the revolver lite. Probably one of the nicest non-splined chainrings available IMO.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
I'm an idiot with sprockets, but my 28t transition sprocket broke and I need a new one. I run deity vendettas, 28t front and 14 rear, on a pinsher. What is the advantage of a splined sprocket? I'm guessing that mostly you never have to worry about breaks associated with the stress the bolt makes on the sprocket? I'm looking at the tree lite splined 25t, to make my ratio a little easier for some lite trials, and I've heard they're very strong. Someone earlier said the back sprocket needed to be changed too? Will the tree lite spline fit on the vendettas, and do I need anything else? I'm thinking of a trying a half link chain to keep my wheelbase as short as possible.

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
doconnor wrote:
I'm an idiot with sprockets, but my 28t transition sprocket broke and I need a new one. I run deity vendettas, 28t front and 14 rear, on a pinsher. What is the advantage of a splined sprocket? I'm guessing that mostly you never have to worry about breaks associated with the stress the bolt makes on the sprocket? I'm looking at the tree lite splined 25t, to make my ratio a little easier for some lite trials, and I've heard they're very strong. Someone earlier said the back sprocket needed to be changed too? Will the tree lite spline fit on the vendettas, and do I need anything else? I'm thinking of a trying a half link chain to keep my wheelbase as short as possible.

If your looking to make it a smidge easier then I would suggest running a 13 on the rear if you go with a 25 up front. If you left the 14 on it's going to be way to easy to pedal.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011411
Mobile Version of Website