Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
O+
Posted: May 9, 2017 at 14:19 Quote
It looks like I'll be in Vancouver for a couple weeks in late May visiting family. I am hoping to spend at least a day riding the Shore, so I was wondering if there are any shops that do rentals and any tips on how to get around sans car, or just tips in general for a budget-conscious student. Thanks in advance.

Evan

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 16:48 Quote
PoeticThreeD wrote:
It looks like I'll be in Vancouver for a couple weeks in late May visiting family. I am hoping to spend at least a day riding the Shore, so I was wondering if there are any shops that do rentals and any tips on how to get around sans car, or just tips in general for a budget-conscious student. Thanks in advance.

Evan

Do you have access to a vehicle in the family or whatever that can carry a bike? I'm not sure who rents decent bikes locally. I don't really think you can transit to the shore very well - you'd be exhausted just riding up mountain hwy.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2017 at 17:52 Quote
Endless biking is your best bet, could throw bike on a bus to get closer to trails. Or man up and pedal to Seymour or fromme. Or ask them

O+
Posted: May 9, 2017 at 18:38 Quote
TrevZ wrote:
PoeticThreeD wrote:

Evan

Do you have access to a vehicle in the family or whatever that can carry a bike? I'm not sure who rents decent bikes locally. I don't really think you can transit to the shore very well - you'd be exhausted just riding up mountain hwy.

I could possibly have access to a car, but I can't guarantee it. Was looking into how I could bus it and yea, it's not too convenient.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2017 at 18:39 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
Endless biking is your best bet, could throw bike on a bus to get closer to trails. Or man up and pedal to Seymour or fromme. Or ask them

I'll check them out! Figured if worse came to worse I could just man up and earn my turns. Thanks for the help Smile

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 22:06 Quote
PoeticThreeD wrote:
kevin267 wrote:

I'll check them out! Figured if worse came to worse I could just man up and earn my turns. Thanks for the help Smile

The 210 (towards Upper Lynn Valley) goes up Mountain Highway. Get off at McNair Dr @ Tourney Rd and you'll be 400m from the Fromme gate.

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 8:44 Quote
Endless Biking also rents bikes. The solution for you for sure

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
Anyone want to shuttle Seymour sometime? Can take 1 more bike on my rack.

Posted: May 15, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
New to North Shore...can anyone recommend easy blues on the North Shore. New to trail riding and done most of the greens. I'm looking to build my confidence on easy blues...anywhere on the North Shore. Recommendations?

O+
Posted: May 15, 2017 at 13:46 Quote
Gordolini wrote:
New to North Shore...can anyone recommend easy blues on the North Shore. New to trail riding and done most of the greens. I'm looking to build my confidence on easy blues...anywhere on the North Shore. Recommendations?

On Fromme:

Leopard -> Crinkum Crankum - > Kirkford -> Upper, Middle, Lower Griffen
Expresso -> Penzoil

Go ride Squamish, way better stuff to learn on.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
Gordolini wrote:

For Seymour: Highschool League, Sticks and Stones, Upper Dales (do not ride lower, take the connector exit after the flow section ends) John Deer (access it from the GSM climbing trail, otherwise you'll have to ride the top of Severed which has some harder moves on it), Forever After and maybe Asian Adonis in that order of difficulty. Riding back and forth on Bridle Path is good low consequence practice too.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 22:05 Quote
Went for a ride on Fromme last night and noted that the sign says the gate closes at 8:00pm. Any info on how strict or on time is the District on closing the gates?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2017 at 14:27 Quote
mabajada wrote:
Went for a ride on Fromme last night and noted that the sign says the gate closes at 8:00pm. Any info on how strict or on time is the District on closing the gates?

I've seen them come up shortly after (maybe 8:10?) not sure if they hang around if there are still cars there. I wouldn't chance it personally, pedaling back to East Van would suck haha.

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 15:16 Quote
I've heard from several people that their cars have been towed. Later this summer the time will be changed to 9pm. I'd park on Coleman if you're close to the time limit.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2017 at 21:22 Quote
I lost my sunglasses at the Fiver tonight - clear lense - yellow/black framed Ryders - on GSM somewhere (likely 3/4 of the way to the JD turnoff).

PM me if you find them please.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011748
Mobile Version of Website