Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 16:35 Quote
Damn that sucks. Did they break into your house/garage or vehicle? Also live in east van and it's my biggest fear. Will keep eyes peeled.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
chapmanchap wrote:
This sucks big time. Also this frame color is only available in Europe and it might be the only one in the Vancouver area!!

2 actually. My friend from Europe brought this bike over. It's identical. So if you see this bike being ridden by a short white guy with a shaved head, it's his bike. Not the stolen one.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
chapmanchap wrote:
This sucks big time. Also this frame color is only available in Europe and it might be the only one in the Vancouver area!!

2 actually. My friend from Europe brought this bike over. It's identical. So if you see this bike being ridden by a short white guy with a shaved head, it's his bike. Not the stolen one.

Or...you're in on the scam and it IS the stolen one. Everyone be on the lookout for a white guy on european colourway. He's GUILTY.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
chapmanchap wrote:

Or...you're in on the scam and it IS the stolen one. Everyone be on the lookout for a white guy on european colourway. He's GUILTY.

Agree! I will punch and then ask questions. lol

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
chapmanchap wrote:

Hahaha please don't. He's a great guy and can't speak English. He won't understand why he's being punched.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 10:25 Quote
Hey guys,

I'm planning to go for a ride this weekend with a friend who owns this XC (?) bike. Could someone recommend an off road trail in North Vancouver, ideally in a forest, light gravel, that this bike could stand? Looking to make 10-30km in total.

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
Jan3k wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm planning to go for a ride this weekend with a friend who owns this XC (?) bike. Could someone recommend an off road trail in North Vancouver, ideally in a forest, light gravel, that this bike could stand? Looking to make 10-30km in total.

Thanks!

Start at the Lower Parking Lot at Lynn - https://www.trailforks.com/poi/18/

Work your way up North towards Homestead and go down the gravel road towards Twin Bridges.

From Twin Bridges ride Fishermans back towards Riverside Drive

Ride Riverside Drive back on the roads to your start point.

It's closer to 10km than 30km but there's not a lot of gravel road/easy trails in North Van

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
leelau wrote:
Jan3k wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Work your way up North towards Homestead and go down the gravel road towards Twin Bridges.

It's closer to 10km than 30km but there's not a lot of gravel road/easy trails in North Van

It’s paved, but you could also head out to the Seymour Dam from Rice Lake in addition to the above. No cars.

Also, not in North Van, but Pacific Spirit Park or Stanley Park could be good options. Lots of gravel trails.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
DMal wrote:
leelau wrote:
Jan3k wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks!

It’s paved, but you could also head out to the Seymour Dam from Rice Lake in addition to the above. No cars.

Also, not in North Van, but Pacific Spirit Park or Stanley Park could be good options. Lots of gravel trails.

Thanks for the suggestions! Fishermans trail seems to be closed according to the recent report. How's Seymour Valley Trailway, would going up until seymour lake, around and back be a nice ride? Is it a scenic trail?

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
I have no affiliation with these guys but wanted to give a shout out to https://www.hyperiontours.com/ for those looking for a shuttle service for the North Shore. I used them yesterday @ Seymour, $25 (10% off for NSMBA/NSRide members) for unlimited shuttles 10am-3pm (alternating Mushroom Lot/CBC parking if you want). Francois the guy running it is friendly and helpful. He said he might be doing some Cypress and Squamish days here and there, and you can book privates as well for $100/hr.

You can also pay $5 for one lap up.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
gramboh wrote:
I have no affiliation with these guys but wanted to give a shout out to https://www.hyperiontours.com/ for those looking for a shuttle service for the North Shore. I used them yesterday @ Seymour, $25 (10% off for NSMBA/NSRide members) for unlimited shuttles 10am-3pm (alternating Mushroom Lot/CBC parking if you want). Francois the guy running it is friendly and helpful. He said he might be doing some Cypress and Squamish days here and there, and you can book privates as well for $100/hr.

I wonder if they'll be able to make it work. Huck Wagon never did back in the day when gas was half the cost it is now. If I remember correctly they were $5 per ride too. Hope it works out though.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
gramboh wrote:

I wonder if they'll be able to make it work. Huck Wagon never did back in the day when gas was half the cost it is now. If I remember correctly they were $5 per ride too. Hope it works out though.

Yeah good point. I didn't ask him details but it sounds like it was worth his time with random people filling the van every couple runs, then others it was just me and another dude... he's just starting but I hope it makes sense to keep it up.

I will say Seymour was packed on Sunday and there were lots of people shuttling, way more than I've seen in recent years... majority were going to the top.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 0:26 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
gramboh wrote:

I remember that. They couldn't afford to keep going. My friends and I have trucks so we just shuttle amongst ourselves. this shuttle service is amazing if you don't have the proper vehicles or enough people to do it yourself. I think I would pay for private squamish shuttles. That drive up is hard on any vehicle.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
If anyone was able to get a key to the fromme gates and be allowed to shuttle that road as a business with the permission of the city, they'd make an absolute killing. But yeah Seymour anyone can shuttle each other or ride up on singletrack vs fire road.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 7:29 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
If anyone was able to get a key to the fromme gates and be allowed to shuttle that road as a business with the permission of the city, they'd make an absolute killing.

NO

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023494
Mobile Version of Website