Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
Sweet, thanks!

And catching the bus with a bike is ok? In my corner of the world buses and bikes just don't go together, so its a kind of a strange idea to me Redface

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
gpmcg wrote:
Sweet, thanks!

And catching the bus with a bike is ok? In my corner of the world buses and bikes just don't go together, so its a kind of a strange idea to me Redface

Driver will think its the most normal thing in the world.

ProTip. Stash some cold drinks in the creek next to the water fountain. After you're done Lower Ladies or whatever lower trails you do its a good pick me up. Got my out of town friends I was showing around the legs to do a lap 2

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Dunno if anyone/everyone saw but for those lamenting the demise of the teeter totters, there was a front page article a bit ago... Apparently they're staying

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 16:18 Quote
Ladies Only is for sure worth a ride, even if you walk some of the skinnies it will blow your mind... and really the upper part of the trail isn't that crazy.. as was said Lower Ladies is more difficult/steeper with tricky corners. But you can't go wrong with 7th Secret into Expresso, never gets old.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
If I bring someone new to the shore I like to go: 7th Secret, Leppard, Kirkford, ride back up a couple corners then Pipeline down.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
Teeter was in action today .

Rode Ladies for the first time. Well rode is being a bit generous.

Didnt have any problems with the skinniess except for not having enough speed for the over the log skinny.

Need to learn the drops/big rolls though.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Ladies Only is for sure worth a ride, even if you walk some of the skinnies it will blow your mind... and really the upper part of the trail isn't that crazy.. as was said Lower Ladies is more difficult/steeper with tricky corners. But you can't go wrong with 7th Secret into Expresso, never gets old.

Cheers !

whitebirdfeathers wrote:
If I bring someone new to the shore I like to go: 7th Secret, Leppard, Kirkford, ride back up a couple corners then Pipeline down.

Thanks!

leelau wrote:

Driver will think its the most normal thing in the world.

Thats cool.

Shows how far behind the rest of the world we are in Australia in regards to bikes. Round here the bus driver will most likely yell at you if you approach his bus wtih a bike lol Frown

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 0:48 Quote
My fave lap:
Take the mtn hwy road and warm up on Bobsled and/or Floppy Bunny.
Continue up the road to Expresso and ride that as well as Lower Expresso.
Head west on the mountain and use Trailforks to figure out the climbing route (it can be confusing)
Exit the climbing route back on the dirt road before the 6th switchback (near Executioner)
Continue pedalling up to Seventh Secret
From here you get an epic descent: 7th Secret > Leppard > Crinkum Crankum > Kirkford > Cedar Trail > Roadside Attraction > Natural High > Lower Griffen > Immonator
Exit on the McNair drive.

Ladies Only is cool too, and you could swap that for Expresso.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
Rode or should I say walked Bookwus today. Craziness. Lol

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 23:04 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
My fave lap:
Head west on the mountain and use Trailforks to figure out the climbing route (it can be confusing)
Exit the climbing route back on the dirt road before the 6th switchback (near Executioner)
From here you get an epic descent: 7th Secret > Leppard > Crinkum Crankum > Kirkford > Cedar Trail > Roadside Attraction > Natural High > Lower Griffen > Immonator

Where is this climbing route? I assume its better than reclimbing the fireroad?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 0:33 Quote
Its complicated but something like this:

https://www.trailforks.com/route/no-quarter-fromme-climbing-route/

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
SeniorBrucio wrote:
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
My fave lap:

Where is this climbing route? I assume its better than reclimbing the fireroad?

It's called No Quarter and is a combination of a number of trails including Dreamweaver, dyer maker, etc. It's honestly probably slower than just riding up the access road. And it's a bit of a grind in spots.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
SeniorBrucio wrote:
Rode or should I say walked Bookwus today. Craziness. Lol

Good for you. Rarely ridden as it's too technical for most. But fun when mastered

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
Hey guys,
I'm staying in Vancouver from 27.08 for a couple of days and I'm looking for some locals who might want to go on a ride and take me with them. Riding alone sucks and I have no idea where to start with all that trails there. I'm from germany and usually riding my enduro here in the alps so I don't mind clibing but definitely prefer the descents

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
Raemsen wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm staying in Vancouver from 27.08 for a couple of days and I'm looking for some locals who might want to go on a ride and take me with them. Riding alone sucks and I have no idea where to start with all that trails there. I'm from germany and usually riding my enduro here in the alps so I don't mind clibing but definitely prefer the descents

Riding alone is rad. But you will find people to ride with most days as the locals are super friendly.

As for finding the trails it is the easiest place on the planet to find trails. One road up and everything bar a few is marked well.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011840
Mobile Version of Website