Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
theconorcons wrote:
I think the new riparian area regulation applies, which is really strict for new bridges. And I believe old bridges over water are fine, but when it comes time to replace they have to be built to a much higher standard. I'm curious so I'll ask a biologist I work with who is an expert.

That's gonna be a problem for Boogieman when it comes time... would be a big re-route I'd imagine.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
gramboh wrote:
theconorcons wrote:
I think the new riparian area regulation applies, which is really strict for new bridges. And I believe old bridges over water are fine, but when it comes time to replace they have to be built to a much higher standard. I'm curious so I'll ask a biologist I work with who is an expert.

That's gonna be a problem for Boogieman when it comes time... would be a big re-route I'd imagine.

That log ride is iconic and really part of the character of the trail. I remember how puckering it was for me the first time I crossed it! Hopefully, it can be maintained.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
Hi guys, do you know where we can rent/ buy tailgate for pick up truck in Vancouver? We are in our first week in Vancouver and then we will rent a pick up truck afterwards.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
maroski wrote:
Hi guys, do you know where we can rent/ buy tailgate for pick up truck in Vancouver? We are in our first week in Vancouver and then we will rent a pick up truck afterwards.

I highly doubt anyone will rent you a tailgate. Do you mean a tailgate pad by chance?

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 12:41 Quote
I mean, I’ll rent out my tailgate if you’re willing pay. But usually when you rent a truck it’ll come with a tailgate. Tailgate pad, go to any bike shop for purchase. You could probably sell it easily at the end of your trip.

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
maroski wrote:

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/hsh/d/north-vancouver-inner-east-rug/7505396017.html

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
Seymour/Cypress is pretty chill for shuttles as in bouncing around

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 22:46 Quote
leelau wrote:
maroski wrote:

I highly doubt anyone will rent you a tailgate. Do you mean a tailgate pad by chance?

Yes, sorry for the mistake. Thanks all for the responses. We will check bike shops.

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 6:16 Quote
Just use a big blanket to protect the tail gate.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 7:14 Quote
maroski wrote:

ive never seen tailgate pad rentals due to them being so cheap. you could probably score one off marketplace or craigslist cheaper than renting.

you could try endless bikes in north van?

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
maroski wrote:
leelau wrote:
maroski wrote:

Yes, sorry for the mistake. Thanks all for the responses. We will check bike shops.

It's not Vancouver, but I'm pretty sure Dialed In Cycling in Squamish rents out tailgate pads.

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
Any riders in the North Shore want to meet up to take some riding photos? I'm a semi-pro photographer visiting Vancuver for the Summer. Could meet at Fromme or Seymour... maybe we find some cool features / locations and session for a bit? Hit me up!

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:

Marosi - I'd do that. The shuttles in NV are on paved roads. Just use a carpet or a blanket. That Craigslist ad was good and cheap

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
JoeSeven wrote:
Any riders in the North Shore want to meet up to take some riding photos? I'm a semi-pro photographer visiting Vancuver for the Summer. Could meet at Fromme or Seymour... maybe we find some cool features / locations and session for a bit? Hit me up!

Man, ive been wanting to do this all year except my riding buddies down there have no idea how to use a camera so itd be me riding down fast to set up and take photos of them all day and having to throttle back my riding so i dont dump my gear.

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
leelau wrote:
Nonsmoker wrote:

Marosi - I'd do that. The shuttles in NV are on paved roads. Just use a carpet or a blanket. That Craigslist ad was good and cheap

We actually need it for a week in Kamloops. As we are are switching vehicles in Vancouver, heading to Kamloops the same day and driving back in a week.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006122
Mobile Version of Website