Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Mar 30, 2023 at 20:00 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

There's a paid shuttle at Vedder?! When did that start?

I'm not sure when it started, but I think you can find it on google. If I remember correct it's $10 per shuttle or $80 for a 10 shuttle punch ticket which is pretty fair I have to say. Only problem is I heard they'll only take you up to 2 Cents and won't go up to R.E.F.R or Black Forest HAM but that's my main reason for going there xD. I'm hoping the AWD F-150 can get up there okay? lol Jailbreak
I moved from Chilliwack about a year ago and have never heard of this. The piece of road from just before 2 cents up to BFH will be fine in your F150. It's also a fairly short pedal with one steep pitch if you take this new shuttle.

They've got a 15 passenger shuttle too! Big Grin
https://ascentfv.com/4x4/

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2023 at 20:38 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:

I'm not sure when it started, but I think you can find it on google. If I remember correct it's $10 per shuttle or $80 for a 10 shuttle punch ticket which is pretty fair I have to say. Only problem is I heard they'll only take you up to 2 Cents and won't go up to R.E.F.R or Black Forest HAM but that's my main reason for going there xD. I'm hoping the AWD F-150 can get up there okay? lol Jailbreak
I moved from Chilliwack about a year ago and have never heard of this. The piece of road from just before 2 cents up to BFH will be fine in your F150. It's also a fairly short pedal with one steep pitch if you take this new shuttle.

I think it's newer tbh, potentially started within the last few months or so?
Oh yeah the truck will make it up to BFH okay?! You just made my day, thanks so much! If I can get the truck up there I'll be very happy, I've been worries wondering if it's possible or not. I've gotten mixed reviews haha. So thanks for the info, I can't wait! If you wanna join me and my local buddies for some shuttle days let me know! YEEWWW!!!! Big Grin \m/

It's probably shorter to just pedal it than to drive it up twice and then back down. Pretty short climb from the main road.

Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 7:58 Quote
shuttle webpage says Tuesdays after 3pm... we drove modern 4x4 trucks up to REFR last year with not much trouble. Getting off the main line and turning around at the top are the hard parts.

Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 13:06 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
shuttle webpage says Tuesdays after 3pm... we drove modern 4x4 trucks up to REFR last year with not much trouble. Getting off the main line and turning around at the top are the hard parts.

I know the date and time they run the shuttle, I just didn't know they would actually go up to R.E.F.R and BFH. That's awesome to hear that they'll drive up there, thank you! And hey if they need a spotter to help them make the turn and the turnaround, or if there's anything else one can do to help, I'd be happy to do so. Big Grin
I'm so stoked to get back out to BC! Big Grin \m/

Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 13:52 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
I apologize for spammimg, please keep a couple eyes out for these missing people. They are relatives of one of my friends.

A friends Cousins. I m going to be spamming the Canadian threads with this please don t kill me... P.S. Not a joke.

Oh no! Any updates?! Frown

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 16:04 Quote
I noticed CBC on Seymour is listed as closed on Trailforks. Does anyone have any insight as to when it might be re-opening? Thanks!

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 16:55 Quote
nelsonlyons wrote:
I noticed CBC on Seymour is listed as closed on Trailforks. Does anyone have any insight as to when it might be re-opening? Thanks!

I'm not actually sure on this, but could just be "closed" because of snow? I'd imagine there's quite a bit up there still!

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 20:31 Quote
The snow line is way below CBC.

Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 9:38 Quote
going to be a bit before it's open with all the snow and time to dry out. Unfortunately this won't stop the Tesla driving moms shuttling up their kids to ride it in any conditions.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 11:09 Quote
Does anyone know when ned's will re-open?

Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 10:08 Quote
I would send a DM to DreamWizards on IG....

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 13:15 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
going to be a bit before it's open with all the snow and time to dry out. Unfortunately this won't stop the Tesla driving moms shuttling up their kids to ride it in any conditions.

Hahah the Tesla with the red Recon rack and kids on DH bikes? Saw them up there the other week. Snow line should be way higher now but hopefully people give it a rest with all the rain last week and this coming weekend.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2023 at 8:33 Quote
[Quote/]I'm there from Onterrible doing this exact trip, from April 20th-May15th! Shuttles at Cypress, Seymour, Diamond Head, Vedder and possibly Pemberton! Come join! Big Grin \m/
I went from March 17th-April 4th last year, and the conditions this time of year were incredible imo Big Grin [/Quote]

Im game to do some shuttling with ya! Let me know, and ill come hit up some laps.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2023 at 14:10 Quote
Can anyone recommend some jump lines in the North Shore besides boogie nights? Whether that be sanctioned or unsanctioned. Something with decent size gap jumps, creek gaps, or whatever.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2023 at 14:23 Quote
climbnhigh wrote:
Can anyone recommend some jump lines in the North Shore besides boogie nights? Whether that be sanctioned or unsanctioned. Something with decent size gap jumps, creek gaps, or whatever.

check cypress on trailforks

https://www.trailforks.com/region/cypress-mountain/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013186
Mobile Version of Website