Powered by Outside

Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Jan 31, 2024 at 11:13 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Hey there, I’m probably going to be in van in the next couple of weeks and wondering if I should bring a bike. How are the trail conditions at the moment? I suspect you don’t have much snow as we are almost good to ride here in the interior!

Let's ride!!! Things are disgustingly snow free

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2024 at 21:16 Quote
leelau wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
Hey there, I’m probably going to be in van in the next couple of weeks and wondering if I should bring a bike. How are the trail conditions at the moment? I suspect you don’t have much snow as we are almost good to ride here in the interior!

Let's ride!!! Things are disgustingly snow free

Ha, leelau, I don’t think I’ve ever been on a social media group you’re not on. Hell yes, let’s shred. I’ll keep you posted if and when I come up

Posted: Feb 18, 2024 at 21:09 Quote
Found Troy Lee design glove with d30 at the radio towers

Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 8:45 Quote
Anyone have current conditions at Fromme? Have you been getting much rain/snow up there? I'm planning to drive up from Everett, Wa

Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 20:43 Quote
Have not ridden Fromme lately, but conditions are pretty good overall on the north shore right now. Damp, but not mucky.

Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 21:43 Quote
JHollowell wrote:
Anyone have current conditions at Fromme? Have you been getting much rain/snow up there? I'm planning to drive up from Everett, Wa

No snow on Fromme. Seventh secret is surprisingly clear at this time of year. Rocks, dirt, and wooden features are displaced on some trails above the 7th switchback. Anything below that with the exception of Pipeline and some other trails is getting regular maintenance. Lots of rain, though the maintenance crews are keeping up with it. 60-70% of our week is rain. The rest are prime days to ride, woodwork is usually dried up, grippy dirt. The mountain above Fromme, Grouse has absolutely no snow currently, other than some of the reserve and snow machines, the mountains are looking blank. If you ever make your way up to Fromme hit me up and I'd love to show you around!

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 6:51 Quote
Question for the group;

I'll be travelling from the East Coast to North Van for work during the week of March 25. Generally speaking, how are the trail conditions at Fromme this time of year? Is it worth me packing up the bike and bringing it with me?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 7:36 Quote
mrash wrote:
Question for the group;

I'll be travelling from the East Coast to North Van for work during the week of March 25. Generally speaking, how are the trail conditions at Fromme this time of year? Is it worth me packing up the bike and bringing it with me?

Cheers

We got some snow over the weekend that covered most of the trails. Chances are that the trails will melt out by then, but I would keep an eye on Trailforks reports as you get closer.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 10:16 Quote
mrash wrote:
Question for the group;

Cheers

Like someone said, there was some snow over the weekend, but it's supposed to be quite warm by then again. Forecast says 20 degrees out (Celsius) so snow should be melted. Fromme is higher up as well so if there's snow on the higher trails, Seymour will likely be good still.

Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 22:31 Quote
mrash wrote:
Question for the group;

Cheers

Fromme is good to go, bring the bike!

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2024 at 12:48 Quote
Does anyone know how cambodia is coming along? Is it rideable these days?

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 3:53 Quote
I'm seeking a recommendation. Are there any groups (except FCB) where you can find bike buddies for rides and shuttle on NS? Thanks Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 18:21 Quote
Hey Northern Neighbors, I'm gonna be in the north shore on Thursday 6/20 to sat 6/22. Id love to ride with a local professional or amateur guide if anyone is up for it? I'm staying just a couple of km from Mt. Fromme. Happy to reciprocate if anyone is traveling to Marin and wants to ride the real trails out here. Cheers!

Posted: Apr 16, 2024 at 13:16 Quote
JessSaros wrote:
I'm seeking a recommendation. Are there any groups (except FCB) where you can find bike buddies for rides and shuttle on NS? Thanks Smile

Try North Shore Rides ?
www.nsride.com

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2024 at 11:54 Quote
JessSaros wrote:

Trail Shredders group on Facebook is ok for finding people to ride/shuttle with... or just hang out at the bottom of Seymour /Cypress outpost and chat up people. I'm often at Seymour shuttling around noon on Tues/Thurs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011522
Mobile Version of Website