Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
Who's been riding lately and where is rideable... anything on the Shore? SFU maybe (yeah I know, NS thread only but I'm deperate)

Only 129cm base on Whist...an early DH park season perhaps... one can hope and yes, I love snowboarding too but Ive all but given up on Whist for this season.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
vancity778 wrote:
Who's been riding lately and where is rideable... anything on the Shore? SFU maybe (yeah I know, NS thread only but I'm deperate)

Only 129cm base on Whist...an early DH park season perhaps... one can hope and yes, I love snowboarding too but Ive all but given up on Whist for this season.
I rode yesterday on fromme... don't reccomend it it was dark before i got home if you do go for a ride than you should leave early cayse the service road is not plowed.. so it will be a days expedition:P:P:P

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
is there anything on fromme that is rideable right now??? like how much snow is on the trails right now?
as well i heard neds is decent right now, anybody know if this is true is does it still have a lot of snow on it.

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
theres apparently no snow on seymoure
my buddy just told me this cause of the inversion it all melted

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 0:32 Quote
I was up at seymour last weekend for some boading in my t-shirt and I stopped to check out the CBC trailhead and there was still plenty of snow, but that was a week ago.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 0:42 Quote
i think most of fromme is ridable

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
"i think most of fromme is ridable" - Nice random guess

Fromme - On Fromme Natural High, the lowest trail off the fireroad, has 2-3 feet of snow on it atm. There is a compacted path of ice down the ride around lines but I would consider them dangerous at best. I won't even get into the conditions of the woodwork.

Cypress is an ice rink. Family guy, what was the lowest trail on the hill, has been destroyed by the housing construction. Everything above that has anywhere from 6-8 feet on snow on it.

Seymour - Neds has a 1-2 foot clear path running down the center of it but that's about the only trail worth the attempt.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
Does anybody know what are the actual conditions in the North Shore, and if there is anything ridable?

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
visceras wrote:
Does anybody know what are the actual conditions in the North Shore, and if there is anything ridable?
the first few switchbacks on fromme are ok but seymour insn't ridable.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
rexbikes wrote:
visceras wrote:
Thanks man, let's see can I go tomorrow where I don't need 2 cars because I'm by myself Razz

FL
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
visceras wrote:
rexbikes wrote:
visceras wrote:
Thanks man, let's see can I go tomorrow where I don't need 2 cars because I'm by myself Razz

the only trail that ISN'T ridable on seymour is CBC. everything is good to go. a little snowy/icy in some spots but its all good. rode there today.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
just got back from seymour and its snowing like crazy at mushroom. corkscrew was a slush fest but pingu pangor and severed are all good. thats a i rode today so i don't know about anything else

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
what about lower fromme

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 22:41 Quote
Lower Fromme:

Everything on the east side (Natural High, Upper Griffin, Floppy Bunny, Bobsled) all have 3"-6" of snow. Stuff is ride-able but not really worth the effort. The south side below the Baden Powell is mostly clear of snow but is difficult to access. Seymour is the better choice if you going to ride.

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 22:43 Quote
ok thanks
whats all clear on seymour

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020513
Mobile Version of Website