180s Piss me Off

PB Forum :: Beginners
180s Piss me Off
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
I am getting frustrated. I try 180s almost every day and i just can't seem to do them. I ride with my left foot forward and i know i am supposed to spin to my right but i am not really sure which way to spin. I just need some tips. I am riding a 2009 Kona Shonky if that matters i don't think it does. I have tried to do bunny hop 180s jhop 180s and so on. I will try to get a video posted. What pisses me off even more is my friend had never tried them before either so he used my bike tried and got them on like the 10th try. i just dont get it

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
are you not getting the whole rotation or are you not getting the roll back?

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
basicly do a bunnyhop and try and bite your shoulder and spin. lol.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
devincirida wrote:
are you not getting the whole rotation or are you not getting the roll back?

I am not even getting the whole rotation. maybe like 110-130

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
DonDeans wrote:

The video is no longer available lol

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
well you might want to learn them on a bank or something first but when you are doing you can`t sspin off your nose(that is what i used to do) you really have to pull up and look over and i am sure after lots of practice you will get it

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
R-Jaster wrote:
DonDeans wrote:

The video is no longer available lol

its availeble on youtube, copy the link.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
It helps to carve a little bit into the spin.
Can you do roll backs easily? I found that the hardest part.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
You're scared, i was to when i learned. You'll get it one day when you get tired of failing, if you ever do.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
R-Jaster wrote:
I am getting frustrated. I try 180s almost every day and i just can't seem to do them. I ride with my left foot forward and i know i am supposed to spin to my right but i am not really sure which way to spin. I just need some tips. I am riding a 2009 Kona Shonky if that matters i don't think it does. I have tried to do bunny hop 180s jhop 180s and so on. I will try to get a video posted. What pisses me off even more is my friend had never tried them before either so he used my bike tried and got them on like the 10th try. i just dont get it

I'm trying to learn 180's and they are pissing me off too. I'm trying to learn them on a bmx first but I still can't get the hang of it. Did you learn them yet?

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 20:55 Quote
Try looking over ur shoulder

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 20:58 Quote
you can go do it off a ramp or something, but the extra speed needed is probably going to scare you shitless even more and cause you to bail and bang your head or something. Just learn it flat, go at like slow slow speed, between fast walking and slow jogging is enough. Don't over-think it, like people will tell you, oh you must carve a figure eight or whatever before you spin to get more momentum, or go off a lip or whatever..just

roll forward, crouch down, while keeping front wheel straight, jump up(bunnyhop) and pull the bars up AND right - if spinning right- and KEEP pulling up and right while you finish the bunnyhop with your legs. Turn your head too, but if you are pulling up and right, your head will be looking to the back anyways. It's really simple. keep it that way and just pull it like you mean it. gl

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009569
Mobile Version of Website