Sam Hill Specialized

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sam Hill Specialized
Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
how do you know that? because someone told you on the internet?

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
stryke wrote:

Because its common sense first of all, and people in the business told me...

And why do you find it so hard to believe? Because all your little PinkBike friends assume he was given a custom bike before he rode one? Or did he automatically get a custom one because the demo isn't as "race oriented" as a Sunday? Stop basing all your knowledge on what all these immature Pink bike kids have to say.

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
YAY! lets argue on the internet!

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
stryke wrote:
no because the specialized rep for western united states is my neighbor

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
poozank wrote:
stryke wrote:

I doubt that...

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 3:51 Quote
If Sam read this post I'd say he might crack a laugh at a lot of this nonsense.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
It's just like all those people who were saying that they knew for a fact he wasn't leaving Iron Horse!

I agree he would have a laugh, and this thread is probably one big example why he probably never bothers with forums any more.

His main options seem to have been Trek and Specialized, he rode both. Now I imagine neither rode like his Iron Horse so outside of that think about what might drive him to choose one over the other. Money well who knows, but Iron Horse wasn't paying him a great deal anyway so I think whatever any company offered would have been better than that for a start (remember he's been with IH for donkeys years and he was pretty young and inexperienced when he first signed up, so unless it was in his contract then a yearly pay rise wasn't exactly a guarantee either).

So with Trek he could have chose a great company, great bike but maybe he had a clause where he had to ride the Bonty parts?
Specialized offered him probably similar money to Trek, he gets to have huge input into designing a new DH bike for 2010 and he can keep all his current sponsors.

From that perspective the choice makes sense to me.

Now we all know that any new bike can take a bit of time to get used to, of course he has the benefit of altering it to make that process easier (well I guess he has).

Looks aren't everything.

Also when you say he's never happy, once again looks aren't everything, and I'm sure world cup racers have personal lives too, maybe for some things aren't as easy as for others.

I guess most young guys worship the pros who get up to stupid antics (in the end this is detrimental to their sponsors), either way Sam is never likely to be that kind of personality.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
poozank wrote:
stryke wrote:

I doubt that...
haha why

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
I think sam is fine with specialized because they have reliable bikes and the demo 8 geometry is almost perfect for racing

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
I actually lose faith in education all over the world when i read threads like this. Please all shut up.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 5:00 Quote
It's sad that I read this whole thread hoping to be able to partake in a meaningful discussion about Sam Hill and his new sponsor. I wouldn't even know where to begin an attempt to salvage this thread.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 3:00 Quote
Agreed!
On page 2 I wrote: 'this takes the cake for dumb post of the day or maybe the week'.
The following 4 pages haven't changed my mind.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 3:10 Quote
short section in video of sam riding his demo....

http://www.freecaster.tv/1000006_1006345

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
short section in video of sam riding his demo....

http://www.freecaster.tv/1000006_1006345
wow hes ripping

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
giantbikerjordan wrote:
poozank wrote:
giantbikerjordan wrote:
ok, im not realy sure why everyone bashes sam for riding a demo.
I would agree 100% that a demo isnt a great dh race bike, but sams bike is 100% custom made...all the angles...everything was made to suit sam...so technically..its not even a demo lol.

So everyone should chill out and stop bashing him.
Hes still an amazing rider and the only reason he was last was due to the failure of his sram derailer.
actually he is on a production in the pics

Yea but i garruntee it feels and performs alot better then a normal demo..

in mountain bike mag they get his bike and it does have custom tubes..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020522
Mobile Version of Website