My 18th b day DOWNHILL BIKE :D

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
My 18th b day DOWNHILL BIKE :D
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
hi
im turning 18 in december so have decided i want a dh bike
this will be my first downhill/full sus bike but since im rolling xmas 18th and my own muny all together i want something good and that will last
am coming from a dirtjump bike which ive ridden more dh and trails + will be able to use my parents car to drive to dh spots
could anyone recomend anything?
ive been lookin A LOT at the trek session 88 dh which i like but would have to put a grand towards, it may be a bit much but is just a stunning bike
i have also looked at a few commencals, the furious and supreme dh
i have a budget of 3 grand (pounds sterlin) and it has to be from evanscycles (i work there so get discount lol)

www.evanscycles.com

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
you work in a bikshop and cant decide,i wont be going into evanscycles any time soon then.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
marquis wrote:
you work in a bikshop and cant decide,i wont be going into evanscycles any time soon then.

lol, tbh my stores geared a bit more towards hybridsFrown

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
commencal supreme dh

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
go for the session 88

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
TBH, if i was in your position I would probably go for an sx trail or commencal furious or something, coming from a dj bike I think these would feel most comfortable.
I also think that if your 18, college and stuff coming up soon so youd be as well saving that last grand!

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
i would say session 88 it looks amazing and has a fantastic component list in my opinion

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
monty- wrote:
TBH, if i was in your position I would probably go for an sx trail or commencal furious or something, coming from a dj bike I think these would feel most comfortable.
I also think that if your 18, college and stuff coming up soon so youd be as well saving that last grand!

im not too worried about college atm as i am able to get a student loan
never rly liked the sx trail dont rly know why though, doesnt really look that strong (although looks are decieving)

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
go for the session 88 fr or if you are rele rele gona be doing more DH racing the get the dh version...the new trek sessions are considered one of the best if not, the best dh/fr bikes on the market.
i work in evans cycles too, the 88 FR is only £2015 on trade inc. VAT
the DH version is like £2300 i think.
if you have a budget of 3 grand then you have plenty of money left Smile
btw im getting a trek 88 fr too haha

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
from the looks of their "rather scarce" selection, id say ether the Mongoose Boot'r, or the Commencal supreme DH 2009. or look else where and get a Sunday or Glory, or a Morewood.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
id go with the stab delux and just use the other 500$ to upgrade it, thats if you wanted a dh bike .... if you wanted a freeride type bike, go with the sx trail

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
aaron3mbc wrote:
go for the session 88 fr or if you are rele rele gona be doing more DH racing the get the dh version...the new trek sessions are considered one of the best if not, the best dh/fr bikes on the market.
i work in evans cycles too, the 88 FR is only £2015 on trade inc. VAT
the DH version is like £2300 i think.
if you have a budget of 3 grand then you have plenty of money left Smile
btw im getting a trek 88 fr too haha

yh i think id be getting the dh version as its got the fox 40s wich turn me on lol

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
id go with the stab delux and just use the other 500$ to upgrade it, thats if you wanted a dh bike .... if you wanted a freeride type bike, go with the sx trail

ive insulted kona a bit much to get that lol
gotta admit the stab looks great though

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
nicholas888 wrote:

ive insulted kona a bit much to get that lol
gotta admit the stab looks great though

i dont know why everyone hates kona, i dont ride one but still .... there sick bikes (the higher end ones) and i wouldnt mind buying one

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
tommybananajohnson wrote:
from the looks of their "rather scarce" selection, id say ether the Mongoose Boot'r, or the Commencal supreme DH 2009. or look else where and get a Sunday or Glory, or a Morewood.

Evans sell ironhorse

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008862
Mobile Version of Website