What bike is good for whistler

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What bike is good for whistler
O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 22:49 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Seriously, I wanna go to Whistler. Sounds like a bike killer. Maybe I can get a warranty frame from there.

its really not that bad, ive had two flats and one busted hangar up there. nothing more.

And if you are riding whistler anything will do really, i have seen XC bikes on some of the trails. The issue is it KILLS your suspension, you need to keep on top of servicing that otherwise your frame starts ovalizing and the rest doesnt need to be said.

Any park bike will do, my weapon of choice is the Banshee WildCard.

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 23:24 Quote
between the reign and remedy I say go reign, Way better suited for fr/dh than a remedy.

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
between the reign and remedy I say go reign, Way better suited for fr/dh than a remedy.

loom on the buysell and see if u can get a bottlerocket

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 21:48 Quote
Norco hardtails are the strongest. Get a sasquatch. Upgrade the rims and the things indestructable and f*ckin fun

O+
Posted: May 7, 2010 at 21:51 Quote
Anything you're comfortable with riding.

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 21:57 Quote
I have decided to go for the Giant Reign SX and have the option of upgrading the dhx rc2 to a elka stage 5. Is it worth it?

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 6:59 Quote
i used to ride whistler with a hardtail back in the day and it was just fine. you sure dont need a big expensive bike because whistler trails are pretty flowie but you do need good brakes. if you do your part on landing with the right speed and angle, you'll be fine on anything. but if you have 2500 to spend, look into the scott voltage . great bike for the money and i think its a good fit for a 120lb person. very easy to maneuver because its so compacted. and the components are decent for its price. very good brakes to boot

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 8:52 Quote
djfung wrote:
i used to ride whistler with a hardtail back in the day and it was just fine. you sure dont need a big expensive bike because whistler trails are pretty flowie but you do need good brakes. if you do your part on landing with the right speed and angle, you'll be fine on anything. but if you have 2500 to spend, look into the scott voltage . great bike for the money and i think its a good fit for a 120lb person. very easy to maneuver because its so compacted. and the components are decent for its price. very good brakes to boot

well said bro

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 11:07 Quote
WhistlerRocks wrote:
I have decided to go for the Giant Reign SX and have the option of upgrading the dhx rc2 to a elka stage 5. Is it worth it?
yea man elkas are the f*cking bomb do it.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 12:11 Quote
konakid7 wrote:
WhistlerRocks wrote:
yea man elkas are the f*cking bomb do it.

They look amazing! Is it worth it for the extra cash though just cause the fork will be a 2010 van r. I'm wondering if I do get the elka if the fork wont be able to keep up with the shock due to the shock having extra adjustment.
Thanks,
Zac

O+
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
The Elka is a great shock, but to be 100% honest I wouldn't waste your time replacing your RC2.....just ride your bike until something breaks, there'll be better ways to spend your money, things like wider bars and better pedals and all.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 13:14 Quote
nishnash wrote:
The Elka is a great shock, but to be 100% honest I wouldn't waste your time replacing your RC2.....just ride your bike until something breaks, there'll be better ways to spend your money, things like wider bars and better pedals and all.

If I'm going to replace something, I'd like to replace before I purchase the bike so then instead of buying a $4000 bike and alter spending $1000 on it. I'm just going to switch out everything before purchase so upgrading from an rc2 to an elka would only cost $50-$100 instead of $500

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 13:16 Quote
Also, does anyone know if their are any weaker parts on the Giant Reign SX that need upgrading to get the bike working to the best of its ability?

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 13:28 Quote
WhistlerRocks wrote:
Also, does anyone know if their are any weaker parts on the Giant Reign SX that need upgrading to get the bike working to the best of its ability?
the build looks solid, replace the parts as they break. You'll probably end up changing things like the pedals and grips to your preference though.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 17:07 Quote
WhistlerRocks wrote:
nishnash wrote:

If I'm going to replace something, I'd like to replace before I purchase the bike so then instead of buying a $4000 bike and alter spending $1000 on it. I'm just going to switch out everything before purchase so upgrading from an rc2 to an elka would only cost $50-$100 instead of $500
Are you getting credit from your shop for the RC2?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010257
Mobile Version of Website