*Official* Kelowna Bike Park Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
*Official* Kelowna Bike Park Thread
Posted: May 30, 2010 at 21:20 Quote
Haha I dunno.. have to think about that one.

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 18:34 Quote
cant wait for the freaken walls to be installed

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 18:40 Quote
Freenorco wrote:

Walls what walls? like a fence or what?

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 19:14 Quote
no there putting in like quarter pipes and stuff heres the site plan
http://mtbco.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/MountainBike_SitePlan.jpg
mattu wrote:
Freenorco wrote:

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 20:43 Quote
look at the plans they have failed to follow them as of today and what is present at the park. take a look at the large clump of trees thats where the pump track is so i dont know how much more the final groundwork has changed.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 21:01 Quote
Freenorco wrote:
no there putting in like quarter pipes and stuff heres the site plan
http://mtbco.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/MountainBike_SitePlan.jpg
mattu wrote:
Freenorco wrote:

oh i thot so thats sick!

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 21:02 Quote
they are expanding the north end of the fence out further building down the hill so they will have tons more space

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 21:24 Quote
so why did they put the wood fence in?? just to rip it down and expand? im just saying with lots of city projects like this things tend to wonder in what they actually build. this happened with the bmx track and sk8 parks we built back east things change and i think the actual layout and what is being put down have divereged enough already that it is safe to say it will continue to do so.

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 21:30 Quote
i agree what they did wasnt the smartest idea lol and the siteplan is just a rough look at the actual design. I talked to the contractor though the other day and he told me that they were moving the official opening because of the extra addons. Also he said something about an indoor bike park in Kelowna somewhere but that wont be for a few years

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 21:36 Quote
yeah man dont hold your breath the add ons will probably be very minor things, it seems the people in charge of the budget for the park blew threw the money very quickly and i think thats the real cause for there not being a skills park and more of a training ground for pros, as their is very little in terms of gradual progression from the simple speed bumps to the medium sized vertical 6 foot gaps all u have between are slightly bigger speedbumps and thats it. U can really see it in the wear patterns that are already present the middle jumps arnt being used by anybody as they are to big for intermediate riders and they are to small for the pros to bother with or people to worried about looking cool lol. But the expense and the end product so far are rather lack luster in what u would expect from the plans.

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 21:48 Quote
yea the more i think about it the more it makes sense lol. they definetly didnt plan it out very well. and those large jumps are just stupid haha like i can get enough speed to clear them but the lip shoots you strait up. I seriously just gave up with the larges and moved on to the pros.

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 21:58 Quote
yup like i said i was apart of this same kinda thing back east, and it got done and we have an awesome track and sk8 park and are putting in dirt jumps some time soon, but the kelowna 'skills' park has just turned into a DJ park. like personaly i would have felt that the actual skill building part would have taken precedent over the DJ section as the skinnies, drops, and shore stuff would have been buildable during the winter and would have been easy to put in and leave while the DJ stuff was rushed in and now is suffering becuase it wasnt packed properly. but just for future stuff look at what they build first becuase its generally what they feel is the most important. and here it was DJ and an alright pump track, a fence that u said they will be tearing down, the grass spray and a nice ditch with rocks and more grass growth stuff sprayed on. lol when u think about it its turned into a rather amusing farce.

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 22:03 Quote
haha yea from a distance kind of an eye sore but oh well its good for facebook profile pectures lol

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 22:08 Quote
yeah pretty much eh. anyway it will be good for the people that can hit thoughs jumps me in the meanwhile will continue to use the pump track and hope they put something else in.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 18:04 Quote
they could have even made that better lol. I'm just gonna practise the pros until I get a DJ or HT and then Im going up to lada and knox mountain

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020862
Mobile Version of Website