does anyone have a x stiff u-turn spring available

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
Google probably has loads?
Like this.

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 10:33 Quote
MTB-STIG wrote:
photo

I'm not running my pike anymore which has an x firm spring I could take out of it? £25 posted if you want it?

edit: for anyone else needing spairs, I also have pike lowers and maxle (havent made an add yet as I need to take the fork apart - bent steerer).

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 11:27 Quote
milanboez wrote:
MTB-STIG wrote:
photo

I'm not running my pike anymore which has an x firm spring I could take out of it? £25 posted if you want it?

edit: for anyone else needing spairs, I also have pike lowers and maxle (havent made an add yet as I need to take the fork apart - bent steerer).
got the motioncontrol?

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 11:57 Quote
MTB-STIG wrote:
milanboez wrote:
MTB-STIG wrote:
photo

got the motioncontrol?

Yes, but the seal has a small leak

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 at 12:56 Quote
sick until the maxle jams Frown

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 at 12:58 Quote
Tobyrl wrote:

you need 'slide easy' spray, or prob just gt85. Sorts it out.

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 at 17:03 Quote
milanboez wrote:
Tobyrl wrote:

and kind of lube or grease will stop that...ive had themfuse to the bearing race's just popped it loose with a hammer

Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 3:36 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
milanboez wrote:
Tobyrl wrote:

and kind of lube or grease will stop that...ive had themfuse to the bearing race's just popped it loose with a hammer
wen i got mine the guy i got them off couldnt get the wheel off and never looked after them as u-turn adjuster was seized but fresh oil everywhere and gt85 on maxle sorted that out Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 4:22 Quote
i have a pike 454 coil, love it. But its time for a service, needs new oil and a once over of the uturn and compression springs. Am i better off just getting a store to service the whole thing as i have not serviced it since i got it last april ?(not sure if it had been serviced before then, but don't believe it did)

Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 4:49 Quote
motrvatd wrote:
i have a pike 454 coil, love it. But its time for a service, needs new oil and a once over of the uturn and compression springs. Am i better off just getting a store to service the whole thing as i have not serviced it since i got it last april ?(not sure if it had been serviced before then, but don't believe it did)
i would say that your prob best to get a full service. over here tf tuned do full service for £90 and thats all seals replaced adn fresh oil

Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 5:11 Quote
A local chop will do it much cheaper

Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 6:01 Quote
MTB-STIG wrote:
photo

is this a simple mod to carry out?

Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 9:47 Quote
nwmlarge wrote:
MTB-STIG wrote:
photo

is this a simple mod to carry out?
photo
this is a r/s maxle(same length as rear qr skewer
photo
this is a converted hope qr for r/s maxle
photo
the only part from hope skewer u cant use as it will make the skewer too short.
hope this helps

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018456
Mobile Version of Website