Official Somerset Freeriders / O.P Trails Thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Official Somerset Freeriders / O.P Trails Thread
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 at 23:53 Quote
how about a dig day after the mafia jam, run some flyers off and hand them out at the event? i kind of have my hands full till after the mafia event, then i will come up and help.

Mod
Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 3:26 Quote
Ah good plan man...thanks (don't wanna step on any toes like)

Salute

Mod
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 12:20 Quote
Many thanks to Matt for his donation towards insurance. Greatly appreciated Salute Beer tup

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 12:23 Quote
I work 12-3 on saturdays and with transport i would go and help dig, i want something to ride so much... I might be able to work something out Razz

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 12:41 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Many thanks to Matt for his donation towards insurance. Greatly appreciated Salute Beer tup

Cripes it took me 21 minutes to look the Grifter over and put it away? I didn't even do anything useful!

Mod
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 12:59 Quote
3lfd3wd wrote:
almostwise wrote:

Cripes it took me 21 minutes to look the Grifter over and put it away? I didn't even do anything useful!
lol

You MUST get that thing restored. It's a thing of classic beauty...
Pimp

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 15:31 Quote
almostwise wrote:
3lfd3wd wrote:
almostwise wrote:

lol

You MUST get that thing restored. It's a thing of classic beauty...
Pimp

Screw restoring it, it's too far gone and there are loads of restored ones out there. I might do something interesting with it though Razz

Mod
Posted: Oct 9, 2010 at 18:08 Quote
Ok, so it's been a while I know.

For those that don't know, there was a serious fire at the trails (big thank you to the Fire Brigade and the person who called them). The damage is mercifully not too serious considering, but it is cause for concern for us and the FC. I'll upload some pics soon.

The Red Run (AM trail) now starts at the top of the mainline hub.

DS track is rideable but far from complete.

New line splitting from DH (road jump) trail.

Second split under construction with a fun feature at the end.

Build season is here so anyone who's up for a dig day gimme a shout.

Salute

Posted: Oct 9, 2010 at 20:02 Quote
I'll let you know when I'm back for christmas lol

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 0:17 Quote
i will give you a call once i have got rid of theis flu

Mod
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 10:50 Quote
Had a good ride with a Elbry at the weekend. Good times.

Mod
Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 9:59 Quote
Off camber line into the bridge is open again, but please be aware the trees in that area are unstable due to the fire back in the summer. More are likely to come down (one has already broken the root ball and is leaning into the canopy of a neighbouring beech). As ever, check all trails before riding.

Mod
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 6:37 Quote
Apologies for the lack of updates and progress, some of you know why. Let's just say it's been a busy time, which has now been complicated by the lack of car....hopefully be back on the road soon and back at the trails getting shit done.
There's gonna be some work on the main line and red run soon, please respect any closures and don't ride any new stuff until completed. Will be welcoming two new members of the build crew very soon.
If anyone wants to do some work on the dual slalom track, please feel free, there is much to be done.

If you have any queries or problems please feel free to give me a call, my number is on the signs on the trails.

Mod
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 at 12:16 Quote
Had a meeting with Forestry today, main bridge will be sorted in the the next couple weeks, apologies in advance for the trail closure. Had to remove a few bits of guerrilla building as they failed inspection. Thanks for the effort whoever it was but please get in touch so we can go through the build standards etc. Will post photos later when I find the damn cable.

The ladder drop on the main line is nearing the end of it's life so suggestions on what to replace it with are welcome. I'm thinking a little booter into the bomb-hole.

The forestry will be up there soon felling some trees so please pay attention to any signs or closures and be aware that trails may not be clear or have some damage...as ever, walk the trails before riding.

That's about it for now. If anyone with a car wants to give me (and tools) lifts up there please let me know.

Salute

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 at 15:48 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Had a meeting with Forestry today, main bridge will be sorted in the the next couple weeks, apologies in advance for the trail closure. Had to remove a few bits of guerrilla building as they failed inspection. Thanks for the effort whoever it was but please get in touch so we can go through the build standards etc. Will post photos later when I find the damn cable.

The ladder drop on the main line is nearing the end of it's life so suggestions on what to replace it with are welcome. I'm thinking a little booter into the bomb-hole.

The forestry will be up there soon felling some trees so please pay attention to any signs or closures and be aware that trails may not be clear or have some damage...as ever, walk the trails before riding.

That's about it for now. If anyone with a car wants to give me (and tools) lifts up there please let me know.

Salute

Retro Razz (bolded bit)

Good to hear things are still happening, sorry I can't be more help, but resits are in the way big time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021547
Mobile Version of Website