Which is better for Dirt jumping? A Dirt Jump Mountain Bike or a Dirt jump BMX?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Which is better for Dirt jumping? A Dirt Jump Mountain Bike or a Dirt jump BMX?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
Well the stroy is this: I have a mate who rides BMX and I Ride a Mountain Bike (but dont do Dirt Jump) and we had a civilised debate which lasted the whole day about which was better. Persnoly I think Mountain Bikes are way better because they I think they are way smoother.

The point of this thread is to Determine what the Pink Bike Nation thinks is best.

I am going to tally the results up when ever I can. The result will be poster after a week and (next Tuesday)..................

Please just say which you think is better and dont argue, you can do that after I post the results.....This makes it alot easyier for me...!

Start Posting..........Beer

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
both... its what u feel good on. i like both tbh i ride bmx dirt a bit, and hardtail dirt

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
martyn991 wrote:
both... its what u feel good on. i like both tbh i ride bmx dirt a bit, and hardtail dirt

Cheers Martyn, so thats 1 for MTB and 1 for BMX

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
Bmx is alot more manuverable. mtb is just flow.....my vote goes to mtb

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
A small MTB is almost as maneuverable as a BMX, my vote goes for MTB.

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
Thanks guys

The current score is 1 vote for BMX and 3 votes for MTB

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
this out of order to bmx beacause this a mostly mtb site

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
I have to go with both also. I have rode 20"s for more than 25 years and now I'm building a BLK MRKT Riot!!!

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
ckholcomb wrote:
I have to go with both also. I have rode 20"s for more than 25 years and now I'm building a BLK MRKT Riot!!!

agreed

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
BMX, just way more fun to jump

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
i have bmx and a mtb but for dj i prefer bmx

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 10:33 Quote
bmxer's are usually way ahead of mtb dirt jumpers, thats one way to look at it, most tricks that are new to MTB world, bmxers have been doing for ages, this indicates bmx is better.
However, i think its alot personal preference, i have rode both quite a bit, and much prefer mtb.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010480
Mobile Version of Website