Iraq war and the war on terror

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Iraq war and the war on terror
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
what are your guys' view on afghanistan and iraq? Is it a war on terror and war for iraqi governmental stability or is it for other reasons...?

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 5:37 Quote
Terrorism is a technique of warfare therefore you cannot have a war against a technique.It is the most stupid name for a war since the cold war.It is about money and nothing else.Welcome to the new imperialist century.

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
androoooo wrote:
Terrorism is a technique of warfare therefore you cannot have a war against a technique.It is the most stupid name for a war since the cold war.It is about money and nothing else.Welcome to the new imperialist century.
If it's all about money, we must be doing it wrong. In case you hadn't noticed, we are in the midst of a fairly profound recession.

Or is it about spending money we don't have in places most Americans would not go to unless ordered by their Military superiors.

As far as The Cold War being a stupid name, do you understand why it was called the Cold War?

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
FriedRys wrote:
androoooo wrote:
If it's all about money, we must be doing it wrong. In case you hadn't noticed, we are in the midst of a fairly profound recession.

Or is it about spending money we don't have in places most Americans would not go to unless ordered by their Military superiors.

As far as The Cold War being a stupid name, do you understand why it was called the Cold War?
Recession does not affect the rich as much as the poor.In fact the wealthy make even more money during times of recession.Oh look!There is a pattern,look for it and you will see it my friend!More money for the war machine!Look who suffers...you and I!Schools suffer,health spending suffers...non profit in these arenas.Much dollar for guns and ammo.Dollar from the taxpayer.Guess what employer sees a boom in recession?Yep thats right!The Army!Soooo,who called it the cold war?Could that be a controlled mass media perhaps?
Regards.
Andrew.

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
androoooo wrote:
FriedRys wrote:
androoooo wrote:

Recession does not affect the rich as much as the poor.In fact the wealthy make even more money during times of recession.Oh look!There is a pattern,look for it and you will see it my friend!More money for the war machine!Look who suffers...you and I!Schools suffer,health spending suffers...non profit in these arenas.Much dollar for guns and ammo.Dollar from the taxpayer.Guess what employer sees a boom in recession?Yep thats right!The Army!Soooo,who called it the cold war?Could that be a controlled mass media perhaps?
Regards.
Andrew.

i think you spend too much time going to hippie coffee shops.... the reason for the war in iraq is because of iran. like you i once belived that we went there purly for "oil and private, capital gain." however, after reading many book... and spend time in said country i have come to learn differently.....

i won't go much into it, as i feel you would best learn by looking for the answers if you feel so inclined.... here are a few places you can start you search:
"Ahmadinejad's eschatology"
"iran and the 'Mahdi' also known as the twelfth Imam"
"anything regaurding the Iyatollah kieomani and kiominie"

like i said, its up to you if you want to get a deeper understanding of why we are there.....

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
Enlighten me, SOFME, on your views. I'm still wondering what they are on Iran. If your musings only go back to Khomeini and the Revolution, that's a fairly shallow and short-term view there, not much in the way of the long-term.

Preferably in the Iran thread.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
Interesting points mate,I shall investigate those suggestions and for the record I don't drink coffee or have any hippy friends.

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
androoooo wrote:
Interesting points mate,I shall investigate those suggestions and for the record I don't drink coffee or have any hippy friends.

haha roger that =)... no offense intended

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Enlighten me, SOFME, on your views. I'm still wondering what they are on Iran. If your musings only go back to Khomeini and the Revolution, that's a fairly shallow and short-term view there, not much in the way of the long-term.

Preferably in the Iran thread.

well in my opinion... iran has sufferd a similar fate as america has... a minority, but a powerful minority has taken control (i.e the bush admin -vs- radical islam in iran)... i don't believe that ahmedinejad took the popular vote when he took office... as you may or may not know he was a small city govenor who decided to run for office under extreme odds... no one thought that he would win.... and it was a surprise to the country when he did.... and it is still surprising to the country that he is reelected time and time again.... (in the case for america.. i think personally that bush stole his 2000 election, but america was dumb enough to vote him in for a second term).... but after one looks deep into the politcal/social backings of ahmedinejad it is aparnt that he is not a leader, but a puppet of a very powerful, in iran, extreme muslim group (i.e the khomanini... #1).... and through further investigation one can easly see that the exact extremist muslim group came to power during the jimmy carter presidentcy only because of shiort sighned, and underestimated views from the cia/nsa/presidential advisors...... there is more, and if it is ok for me to... i would like to pm you. i don't think that you are one of the many obtuse people that i speak to on a daily basis.... i think we may be able to hold a civil conversation... and even better learn one or two things from each other....

btw sorry for the spelling errors =)

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 13:08 Quote
USA wants the oil thats it. they not there to give iraq democracy, they wants the oil.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 4:08 Quote
ksmb wrote:
USA wants the oil thats it. they not there to give iraq democracy, they wants the oil.

no... its not just about oil..... i will admit that its certanly a good booby prize... especially considering that france controlled 70% of the oil comming out of iraq..... so it certainly cannot be overlooked.... we did go to iraq under the false guise of WMD for our national security.... no there were no WMD... i don't think that there ever where.... but stability in iraq is key yo US security.....

think what you like....

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 21:16 Quote
Its just like Vietnam, Somalia, Darfur. They have a level of civil unrest that has been there FOREVER. ONE radical (with no money) says he is going to blow shit up (with nukes that cost a lot to make) and everyone panics enter the school yard tough guy. GRR we make everyone convservative democracies. OH wait there isn't enough education and wealth to start a society like that, well then we just kill and conquor. Say goodbye to your 12 yearold son who was going to be a great person because I just shot him in the head. Oh and your house is about to be bombed.

MY COUNTRY THINKS I'M A HERO OF WAR.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 7:21 Quote
samnation wrote:
Its just like Vietnam, Somalia, Darfur. They have a level of civil unrest that has been there FOREVER. ONE radical (with no money) says he is going to blow shit up (with nukes that cost a lot to make) and everyone panics enter the school yard tough guy. GRR we make everyone convservative democracies. OH wait there isn't enough education and wealth to start a society like that, well then we just kill and conquor. Say goodbye to your 12 yearold son who was going to be a great person because I just shot him in the head. Oh and your house is about to be bombed.

MY COUNTRY THINKS I'M A HERO OF WAR.

what are you trying to say....

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
the "war on terror" is useless, and i have zero respect for anyone involved. there is a reason why America is hated so badly by the terrorists. look at Canada, we are practically the same as the US yet there is little/no terrorism here. the difference is that our government doesn't try and run the world show. America is all about kill and conquer. problem? blow it up, terrorism? blow up a school, maybe the terrorists are 10 year old children.

Posted: Aug 25, 2009 at 23:30 Quote
odin333 wrote:
the "war on terror" is useless, and i have zero respect for anyone involved. there is a reason why America is hated so badly by the terrorists. look at Canada, we are practically the same as the US yet there is little/no terrorism here. the difference is that our government doesn't try and run the world show. America is all about kill and conquer. problem? blow it up, terrorism? blow up a school, maybe the terrorists are 10 year old children.

Day in and day out, you continute to post ignorant shit all over these forums.

It's not because we try to run the show. How about Isreal? The Muslim world has vowed to wipe Isreal off the map. We support Israel, so we're the enemy as well. We basically stripped the Middle East of the "status quo" after WWII, and this has been going on since then. Maybe there's a correlation.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019195
Mobile Version of Website