Im looking for a trail/freeride bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Im looking for a trail/freeride bike
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
still. the sx weight a ton. the remedy is lightweight, and still packs 6 inches of bottomless travel cause of the freefloat rear end. plus its a strong enough frame for freeride, while still rippin going up hills. best bike ever. especially since it is so light

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
the new sx looks pretty light

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
sam1511 wrote:
still. the sx weight a ton. the remedy is lightweight, and still packs 6 inches of bottomless travel cause of the freefloat rear end. plus its a strong enough frame for freeride, while still rippin going up hills. best bike ever. especially since it is so light
if i could find a remedy frame i would get it but i cant find one, the 09 one or 08 the newer model

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
sam1511 wrote:
sxt isnt as heavy as you think. its 33-36 pounds. i would rather have that than a 30 pound bike for FR that would be lighter and more prone to snapping

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 15:15 Quote
Get a reign X.
6.7 in. travel, pedals great and can do just about anything you want it to.

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
Weapon wrote:
Get a reign X.
6.7 in. travel, pedals great and can do just about anything you want it to.

yeah i looked into em, if i can find a good deal on one i will defintly consider it, im gona go look now

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
true the remedy is lighter which normally means more prone to snapping... but... i will be sincerely surprized if anyone who is riding below the level of the pro FRers can actually pull off snapping a that frame. if u arent dropping 25-30 feet i dont think it will be a problem... and it sounds like u are looking to get only a frame so u could totally build it up with some sick FR parts. it would turn out to be a sweet bike. they r hard to find though... i got one, but only cause i work at a shop. so i agree it is dificult to find them.

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
sam1511 wrote:
true the remedy is lighter which normally means more prone to snapping... but... i will be sincerely surprized if anyone who is riding below the level of the pro FRers can actually pull off snapping a that frame. if u arent dropping 25-30 feet i dont think it will be a problem... and it sounds like u are looking to get only a frame so u could totally build it up with some sick FR parts. it would turn out to be a sweet bike. they r hard to find though... i got one, but only cause i work at a shop. so i agree it is dificult to find them.

yeah i think im going with the sx i posted a pic of, its gona have a 66 rc2x, stroker trails 5050xx pedals evovle dh cranks, x9 drivetrain, either bombsheel wheels or mavin ex325. diabolus chain guide, dhx 4, bontrager big earl seat, funn stem and azonic handlebars and fsa sealed headset, raceface seatpost and then in about amoth im going all sunline v1 compnets, pedals stem, ahndlbars and headset. i got a co sponsership with 661/sunline so i get like 50 percent off and i just got a co sponsership from kenda so i will be running kenda telonix tires, i get em like 25 bux a tire, odi grips..pretty sick setup

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
extremefreerider89 wrote:
sam1511 wrote:

yeah i think im going with the sx i posted a pic of, its gona have a 66 rc2x, stroker trails 5050xx pedals evovle dh cranks, x9 drivetrain, either bombsheel wheels or mavin ex325. diabolus chain guide, dhx 4, bontrager big earl seat, funn stem and azonic handlebars and fsa sealed headset, raceface seatpost and then in about amoth im going all sunline v1 compnets, pedals stem, ahndlbars and headset. i got a co sponsership with 661/sunline so i get like 50 percent off and i just got a co sponsership from kenda so i will be running kenda telonix tires, i get em like 25 bux a tire, odi grips..pretty sick setup
indeed that will be a sick set up. the remedy is meant for ppl who have peddling as a priority not a "oh this is cool i might be able to peddle up" mentality. also having a bike that does that really takes away from FR. u can look at a bike in 3 ways to tell how good it is.

1. price
2. strength
3. quality

the bike that is going to be the best has all 3 of those qualities. like a demo 8II is gonna be amazing on the quality and strength, but not so great on the price. the remedy would be good on the quality, price, but not the strength for what you want to do. and the other guy suggested that you can put a FR build kit on, but then that takes away from weight and adds strength; but completely takes away from the idea that the remedy is a peddle-friendly bike. now the sxt is good in all 3, maybe a little heavy for peddling (only if your a pussy and care about that in a FR bike):P

hope this helped

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
pake wrote:
extremefreerider89 wrote:
sam1511 wrote:

indeed that will be a sick set up. the remedy is meant for ppl who have peddling as a priority not a "oh this is cool i might be able to peddle up" mentality. also having a bike that does that really takes away from FR. u can look at a bike in 3 ways to tell how good it is.

1. price
2. strength
3. quality

the bike that is going to be the best has all 3 of those qualities. like a demo 8II is gonna be amazing on the quality and strength, but not so great on the price. the remedy would be good on the quality, price, but not the strength for what you want to do. and the other guy suggested that you can put a FR build kit on, but then that takes away from weight and adds strength; but completely takes away from the idea that the remedy is a peddle-friendly bike. now the sxt is good in all 3, maybe a little heavy for peddling (only if your a pussy and care about that in a FR bike):P

hope this helped

yeah it helps, im not doing much climbing and i am getting a fuel ex8 as a gift from my dad for a bunch of stuff like goos grades and stuff. so il have my fuel for xc stuff here in illinois

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
sxtrail end of tread

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014566
Mobile Version of Website