Bench Press Compared To Body Weight

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Bench Press Compared To Body Weight
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
burnabyripper wrote:
pursell wrote:
jewfro wrote:
What do you mean by splits?
actually a solid muscle mass building routine is based on shoulders and back on mondays, legs and forarms tuesday(and abs if you want) chest and traps wedmesday, thursday off, and bicepts and tricepts fridays, weekends off, include a 10 minute run before and after. To build muscle mass you want 3 sets for each workout, 10 reps first set, 8 the second and 4-6 the 3rd, making the weight heavier each set so you max out. legs need 4 sets, but on the same basis, if your going for endurance and lean muslce you dont need the heavy weight low rep, you need less weight with a higher rep and the same amount of reps each exercise with a steady weight.
that looks like my workout routine execpt i dont make the weight heavier each set.just wondering what ohl team do you play for?
Niagara Icedogs this year

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
loach55 wrote:
Oldsouth wrote:
loach55 wrote:

maybe i was benchpressing wrong, but after watching that video i tried to perform a proper set of bench presses and discovered that with good form i'm good with 115 lbs by 8 reps, 4 sets.
im not going to bench 160 anymore if it means im doing it wrong.

Were you not touching your chest?

yeah it was all about the angle i lower the bar, by the time the bar would be near my chest my arms would be slightly bent backwards which works the tricep. i tried to steady my arms so that when the bar is lowered, my arms are perfectly 90 degrees.

lets just say that how i used to bench press my arms made an acute angle.
get what im saying?

Edit: watch the video at 7:00 it will explain what i was doing wrong.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
Kadin wrote:
Ok everyone, how much can you bench compared to your bodyweight? Right now im benching 225 for a max one rep and i weigh 146.

I'm sorry but your full of sh*t.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 10:28 Quote
dan-mtb wrote:
Kadin wrote:
Ok everyone, how much can you bench compared to your bodyweight? Right now im benching 225 for a max one rep and i weigh 146.

Well considering he's 19 that is very much possible. I know this big black dude who can bench 220 for 1 rep and he is only 14 Eek But he does weigh like 200 lbs. But still.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
dan-mtb wrote:
Kadin wrote:

Well considering he's 19 that is very much possible. I know this big black dude who can bench 220 for 1 rep and he is only 14 Eek But he does weigh like 200 lbs. But still.

i weigh 152 and can bench 190 twice

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
dan-mtb wrote:
Kadin wrote:

What does age have to do with it? And consider said "black guy" can lift 20lbs over his bodyweight is not that impressive.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 11:19 Quote
It is for someone fourteen years of age.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
dan-mtb wrote:
wildbrian wrote:
dan-mtb wrote:

What does age have to do with it? And consider said "black guy" can lift 20lbs over his bodyweight is not that impressive.
So you're saying a 10 year old can lift as much as a 20 year old? You obviously don't know what you are talking about. And the point wasn't that he is black, it was that he is 14 and he can lift a lot for his age. But do you really think the average 14 year old can lift as much as the average 19 year old?!?

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
most of you are dumbasses. I know a couple kids who weigh 195 n bench 260 taking roids.. and are jacked as f*ck. most of you are f*cking retards saying ur 146 and benching as much as them..

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
pursell wrote:
burnabyripper wrote:
pursell wrote:

actually a solid muscle mass building routine is based on shoulders and back on mondays, legs and forarms tuesday(and abs if you want) chest and traps wedmesday, thursday off, and bicepts and tricepts fridays, weekends off, include a 10 minute run before and after. To build muscle mass you want 3 sets for each workout, 10 reps first set, 8 the second and 4-6 the 3rd, making the weight heavier each set so you max out. legs need 4 sets, but on the same basis, if your going for endurance and lean muslce you dont need the heavy weight low rep, you need less weight with a higher rep and the same amount of reps each exercise with a steady weight.
that looks like my workout routine execpt i dont make the weight heavier each set.just wondering what ohl team do you play for?
Niagara Icedogs this year
sick well props on still having time for riding cuz i have a couple of frinds who were drafted to the whl and there alway in the gym working out or practising and the traveling.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 12:04 Quote
dan-mtb wrote:
Kadin wrote:

i would like to see some pics

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
most of you are dumbasses. I know a couple kids who weigh 195 n bench 260 taking roids.. and are jacked as f*ck. most of you are f*cking retards saying ur 146 and benching as much as them..
You're the one that is a dumbass. It really doesn't matter how much you weigh. You could weigh 140 lbs. but have like no muscle or you could weigh like 250 and be practically made of muscle and vise versa. As long as you have a good technique and you work out a lot you can lift a lot even if you are really light.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:
You're the one that is a dumbass. It really doesn't matter how much you weigh. You could weigh 140 lbs. but have like no muscle or you could weigh like 250 and be practically made of muscle and vise versa. As long as you have a good technique and you work out a lot you can lift a lot even if you are really light.

but like like doesnt muscle weigh alot

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
wildbrian wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:

but like like doesnt muscle weigh alot
muscel weighs more then fat

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:

Where do you get your facts?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012901
Mobile Version of Website