Bench Press Compared To Body Weight

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Bench Press Compared To Body Weight
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
dan-mtb wrote:
wildbrian wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:
most of you are dumbasses. I know a couple kids who weigh 195 n bench 260 taking roids.. and are jacked as f*ck. most of you are f*cking retards saying ur 146 and benching as much as them..
You're the one that is a dumbass. It really doesn't matter how much you weigh. You could weigh 140 lbs. but have like no muscle or you could weigh like 250 and be practically made of muscle and vise versa. As long as you have a good technique and you work out a lot you can lift a lot even if you are really light.

Where do you get your facts?
I have my sources.Ninja

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
dan-mtb wrote:
wildbrian wrote:

You're the one that is a dumbass. It really doesn't matter how much you weigh. You could weigh 140 lbs. but have like no muscle or you could weigh like 250 and be practically made of muscle and vise versa. As long as you have a good technique and you work out a lot you can lift a lot even if you are really light.

I have my sources.Ninja
workouts for dummies?

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 13:25 Quote
burnabyripper wrote:
wildbrian wrote:
dan-mtb wrote:

I have my sources.Ninja
workouts for dummies?
Welll considering I am right. No, I do not gather my knowledge from workouts for dummies.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
i'm 5'5 - 5'6, weigh 106lb and bench 154lb

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:
most of you are dumbasses. I know a couple kids who weigh 195 n bench 260 taking roids.. and are jacked as f*ck. most of you are f*cking retards saying ur 146 and benching as much as them..

If you have f*ck all for muscle mass you cant lift a lot of weight, what do you think it is that moves the weight? The only people who I have seen bench that much more than their body weight are serious bodybuilders and powerlifters, and if you weigh 146 you are not a serious body builder or powerlifter unless your like 5'4". I powerlift, I have buddies that powerlift and my best friend bodybuilds, and even for a guy to get 1.5x his bodyweight takes a f*ckload of training, I just got to that point a month or so ago, after 4 years

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
wildbrian wrote:
burnabyripper wrote:
wildbrian wrote:

I have my sources.Ninja
workouts for dummies?
Welll considering I am right. No, I do not gather my knowledge from workouts for dummies.
workout for dummies gives alot of good advice tho,so thats why i thought you got it from there just a guess

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
loach55 wrote:
wildbrian wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:

If you have f*ck all for muscle mass you cant lift a lot of weight, what do you think it is that moves the weight? The only people who I have seen bench that much more than their body weight are serious bodybuilders and powerlifters, and if you weigh 146 you are not a serious body builder or powerlifter unless your like 5'4". I powerlift, I have buddies that powerlift and my best friend bodybuilds, and even for a guy to get 1.5x his bodyweight takes a f*ckload of training, I just got to that point a month or so ago, after 4 years

Ur the first one to seem like they actaully know something. My buddies have beenw orking out for 3/4 years.. and they onyl bench 250/260. and weigh around 195-210. Some of these kids should post up a vid of this cuz most of you are lieing.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 3:46 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
loach55 wrote:
wildbrian wrote:

I weigh about 180 and last year when I was actually lifting I maxed at 290. Now I'm 6'4 so not I'm no jacked or anything. I have been lifting for 6 years but I have never taken roids. There are people that can bench alot even if they don't look like it. And no I don't have a video, but I could care less if you believe me, just figured I would say something after reading what you guys said. Right now, I bench like 190. I took off from December until early July from lifting.

Ur the first one to seem like they actaully know something. My buddies have beenw orking out for 3/4 years.. and they onyl bench 250/260. and weigh around 195-210. Some of these kids should post up a vid of this cuz most of you are lying.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 5:29 Quote
nyy147 wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:
loach55 wrote:

I weigh about 180 and last year when I was actually lifting I maxed at 290. Now I'm 6'4 so not I'm no jacked or anything. I have been lifting for 6 years but I have never taken roids. There are people that can bench alot even if they don't look like it. And no I don't have a video, but I could care less if you believe me, just figured I would say something after reading what you guys said. Right now, I bench like 190. I took off from December until early July from lifting.

Ur the first one to seem like they actaully know something. My buddies have beenw orking out for 3/4 years.. and they onyl bench 250/260. and weigh around 195-210. Some of these kids should post up a vid of this cuz most of you are lying.

yee i can see that. I was wrong anyways they bench 350 and weigh 210. and that was 5months ago. I can believe you but the some of these kids are deff not benching what they say.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 6:46 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
nyy147 wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:

yee i can see that. I was wrong anyways they bench 350 and weigh 210. and that was 5months ago. I can believe you but the some of these kids are deff not benching what they say.

I definitely agree, alot of it has to do with age also. Younger kids around 14-16 are not capable of benching as much as most people older than them, but its not impossible of someone to bench even twice their weight at that age. I knew some kids in my highschool when they were 14-15 benching 350. They weighed about 160. I think their parents were juicing them but who knows. Its not common, but some people are able to idk why.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
Here's a little interesting one for you. I wondered what I was lifting in a push-up(since I weigh 250-lbs, top heavy). So, I put a scale down, and based my hands on it(holding my self up of corse), and the scale read 180-lbs(+/- a few). Eek

I coldn't believe that(but a scale don't lie LOL). I can do 20(reg position), or 10 NAVY(feet up on a chair) easilly.

I haven't gotten a chance to see what I can do on a bench(some day)...

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 7:07 Quote
banshee-ripper wrote:
Here's a little interesting one for you. I wondered what I was lifting in a push-up(since I weigh 250-lbs, top heavy). So, I put a scale down, and based my hands on it(holding my self up of corse), and the scale read 180-lbs(+/- a few). Eek

I coldn't believe that(but a scale don't lie LOL). I can do 20(reg position), or 10 NAVY(feet up on a chair) easilly.

I haven't gotten a chance to see what I can do on a bench(some day)...

Thats pretty damn good. Benching is a little different because of balance issues, but with a few weeks of practice I bet you would do your weight pretty easily

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 7:19 Quote
my friend's brother does powerlifting and hes near 300lbs for 5ft10 about. Hes a freaking beast. He says he can do around 400lbs on the bench, i've seen him do 1200 lbs on the leg press before and i'm sure now he could do well over 1400 lbs... He said he did 700 on the squat which is fking insane... Hes a freaking beasts and hes only 21... You look at him and you say that you're a complete shit compared to him lol

Lets just say he could be a hell of a doorman at big clubs Razz

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 7:23 Quote
Yeah, here's another. I was at a friends house, and seen these two friends trying to lift each other.

I went over to them, told them to stand in front of me, facing each other, each throw an arm over my shoulder, and I wraped an arm around each one, and lifted them both.

Here's the shocker: She: about 5'8" and 200-lbs, He: 6'0", 175-lbs, Me: 250-lbs...

Just over 600-lbs on my feet! Eek How the hell did I not snap an ankle???

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
i cant really bench much ,
i weigh 130. and my usual bench workout is 110 pounds, 3 sets of 10

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011514
Mobile Version of Website