Bench Press Compared To Body Weight

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Bench Press Compared To Body Weight
Author Message
Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 21:44 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
Size doesn't mean strength. One of my friends is barely bigger than me and he benches set of 10 at around 230-240 lbs. For a 19 year old, that's very good! My bench is already good, but he's even better.

Some guys are twice my size and can't even bench what i do.

Size does not always mean more strength,it's all about genetics.

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 23:18 Quote
nishnash wrote:
my 2 cents , ignor raak, he's a troll that contradicts himself.

And Freeridemanic, thats a really really good point about muscle memory.....thanks for that tip, I think that could be what causes my plateau.....

For you to attack me (ad hominem, i.e without basis) shows you have nothing left to add, and should probably just move along (and funnily enough, stinks of trolling itself).

And if I contradict myself, at least show me where I do this - and wouldn't pointing out examples give your criticism more authority?! Are we all supposed to assume you're right and I am wrong because you're calling me names?! What I have done is contradict your stupid comments which you don't think before making, and from which you have since retreated calling me a contradictory troll. This is not a very convincing argument on your part.

So you've got 3 options:

1) prove you have a brain (and also help me) by highlighting my contradictions
2) continue trolling
3) Just leave

Of course, number 1 would shut me up, number 2 would just be obvious (90% of internet users are in-fact emotionally fragile losers who are plain dumb through laziness), and number 3 would show just how wrong you are but at least retain you the small amount of dignity you'd lose choosing number 2.

Patiently awaiting your answer..............

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 1:11 Quote
raak wrote:
nishnash wrote:
my 2 cents , ignor raak, he's a troll that contradicts himself.

And Freeridemanic, thats a really really good point about muscle memory.....thanks for that tip, I think that could be what causes my plateau.....

For you to attack me (ad hominem, i.e without basis) shows you have nothing left to add, and should probably just move along (and funnily enough, stinks of trolling itself).

And if I contradict myself, at least show me where I do this - and wouldn't pointing out examples give your criticism more authority?! Are we all supposed to assume you're right and I am wrong because you're calling me names?! What I have done is contradict your stupid comments which you don't think before making, and from which you have since retreated calling me a contradictory troll. This is not a very convincing argument on your part.

So you've got 3 options:

1) prove you have a brain (and also help me) by highlighting my contradictions
2) continue trolling
3) Just leave

Of course, number 1 would shut me up, number 2 would just be obvious (90% of internet users are in-fact emotionally fragile losers who are plain dumb through laziness), and number 3 would show just how wrong you are but at least retain you the small amount of dignity you'd lose choosing number 2.

Patiently awaiting your answer..............

pipe down raak its ok dont crie. and @ nishnash yer it works quite well. i did traditonal training for a fiew months and found that i wasnt realy getting much stronger.then one of my trainers told me about freakout traning and gave me a mens health mag witch had how to do it in and when i tried it,it worked wonders. my strength increased quite a bit in weeks

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 11:47 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
pipe down raak its ok dont crie. and @ nishnash yer it works quite well. i did traditonal training for a fiew months and found that i wasnt realy getting much stronger.then one of my trainers told me about freakout traning and gave me a mens health mag witch had how to do it in and when i tried it,it worked wonders. my strength increased quite a bit in weeks

Im not trying to upset your new internetbuddy. And he can defend himself, he's a big boy.

I'll be honest, if I sound dramatic it's because of all the n00bz like yourself on here bigging up men's health and talking nonsense.

But look, I can see it, you're just some dude who's been lifting for 5 mins and think he knows everything. Everyone goes there. Fair enough.

But Freakout training, haha, perfect example.Was it the random hot model's abz in the magazine that motivated you to try the program? hahaha. Men's health. Classic.

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 12:07 Quote
raak wrote:
freeridemanic wrote:
pipe down raak its ok dont crie. and @ nishnash yer it works quite well. i did traditonal training for a fiew months and found that i wasnt realy getting much stronger.then one of my trainers told me about freakout traning and gave me a mens health mag witch had how to do it in and when i tried it,it worked wonders. my strength increased quite a bit in weeks

Im not trying to upset your new internetbuddy. And he can defend himself, he's a big boy. (unlike you obviously)

I'll be honest, if I sound dramatic it's because of all the n00bz like yourself on here bigging up men's health and talking nonsense.

But look, I can see it, you're just some dude who's been lifting for 5 mins (over a year actually and i can probably lift more than you.) and think he knows everything. Everyone goes there. Fair enough.

But Freakout training, haha, perfect example.Was it the random hot model's abz in the magazine that motivated you to try the program? hahaha. Men's health. Classic.

hahahah! lol your immaturity amuses me. i know that. your just carrying on something that doesn't need carrying on thats all. mens health is a good magazine and fyi i have read one mens health magazine and never bought any. i have been working out for nearly a year and a half now so no yet again your wrong and i heard about that from one of my friends who is a weight lifter actually then my gym instructor told me about it and taught me what to do. so no again your wrong. well done idiot you achieved nothing......

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 13:12 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
raak wrote:
freeridemanic wrote:
pipe down raak its ok dont crie. and @ nishnash yer it works quite well. i did traditonal training for a fiew months and found that i wasnt realy getting much stronger.then one of my trainers told me about freakout traning and gave me a mens health mag witch had how to do it in and when i tried it,it worked wonders. my strength increased quite a bit in weeks

Im not trying to upset your new internetbuddy. And he can defend himself, he's a big boy. (unlike you obviously)

I'll be honest, if I sound dramatic it's because of all the n00bz like yourself on here bigging up men's health and talking nonsense.

But look, I can see it, you're just some dude who's been lifting for 5 mins (over a year actually and i can probably lift more than you.) and think he knows everything. Everyone goes there. Fair enough.

But Freakout training, haha, perfect example.Was it the random hot model's abz in the magazine that motivated you to try the program? hahaha. Men's health. Classic.

hahahah! lol your immaturity amuses me. i know that. your just carrying on something that doesn't need carrying on thats all. mens health is a good magazine and fyi i have read one mens health magazine and never bought any. i have been working out for nearly a year and a half now so no yet again your wrong and i heard about that from one of my friends who is a weight lifter actually then my gym instructor told me about it and taught me what to do. so no again your wrong. well done idiot you achieved nothing......


raac ive looked on your profile pics.. and your tiny so i dont know how you can talk about other people being small, your clearly just another wannaby!

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 22:21 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
mens health is a good magazine and fyi i have read one mens health magazine and never bought any. i have been working out for nearly a year and a half now so no yet again your wrong and i heard about that from one of my friends who is a weight lifter actually then my gym instructor told me about it and taught me what to do. so no again your wrong. well done idiot you achieved nothing......

A gym instructer told you about men's health? Holy shit, a gym instructor? These guys are like the most knowledgable trainers of all. haha. pissing myself here dude, seriously. Did he give you a full run down of how the smith machine works afterwards? hahaha

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 22:26 Quote
raak wrote:
freeridemanic wrote:
mens health is a good magazine and fyi i have read one mens health magazine and never bought any. i have been working out for nearly a year and a half now so no yet again your wrong and i heard about that from one of my friends who is a weight lifter actually then my gym instructor told me about it and taught me what to do. so no again your wrong. well done idiot you achieved nothing......

A gym instructer told you about men's health? Holy shit, a gym instructor? These guys are like the most knowledgable trainers of all. haha. pissing myself here dude, seriously. Did he give you a full run down of how the smith machine works afterwards? hahaha

Clearly we should believe him because he can spell instructor. Raak, I'm not going to waste my time digging through the thread to find your crap.

Anyways, I've recently discovered the godsend to home training that is the TRX Trainer, I can't say I have much more muscle mass, but the toning is prime and its a gnarly workout none the less for the little muscles.

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 22:27 Quote
jam1275 wrote:
raac ive looked on your profile pics.. and your tiny so i dont know how you can talk about other people being small, your clearly just another wannaby!

I am not a bodybuilder, so building muscle really isn't important to me. If you look back, you'll see I haven't criticised anyone's physical build, but the shitty training methods they're promoting.

And if you look more carefully you'll see my pics are of me and my buddies riding, whereas your pics are ALL of your fashionable BMX, every single one of them. Nice contribution. Funny to see that you joined about 2 months ago. Typical mouthy n00b who probably cares more about the coolest components than actually riding. You're what's wrong with pinkbike these days: POSER.

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 22:33 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Raak, I'm not going to waste my time digging through the thread to find your crap.

Good to know. Would've been nice if you'd actually contributed to the thread though.

You can start a new one for your gay band training.

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 22:46 Quote
raak wrote:
jam1275 wrote:
raac ive looked on your profile pics.. and your tiny so i dont know how you can talk about other people being small, your clearly just another wannaby!

I am not a bodybuilder, so building muscle really isn't important to me. If you look back, you'll see I haven't criticised anyone's physical build, but the shitty training methods they're promoting.

And if you look more carefully you'll see my pics are of me and my buddies riding, whereas your pics are ALL of your fashionable BMX, every single one of them. Nice contribution. Funny to see that you joined about 2 months ago. Typical mouthy n00b who probably cares more about the coolest components than actually riding. You're what's wrong with pinkbike these days: POSER.

His point was you can't be making many comments on building muscle. Stop claiming to be an expert since you just admitted that you aren't.

And its fools like you who make people not want to join this sport. I've been riding for over 8 years now. Does my Pinkbike account reflect that? f*ck no. Need to learn about unwarranted extrapolation.

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 23:09 Quote
nishnash wrote:
His point was you can't be making many comments on building muscle. Stop claiming to be an expert since you just admitted that you aren't.

And its fools like you who make people not want to join this sport. I've been riding for over 8 years now. Does my Pinkbike account reflect that? f*ck no. Need to learn about unwarranted extrapolation.

I was pointing out the difference between building muscle and building strength. My points were scientifically based. Never claimed to be an expert.

I have put points forward which have exposed your and others bullshit, but instead of defending your ideas, you've attacked me. If I say you're wrong, but you disagree, tell me why. Isn't that a reasonable way of doing things? I've challenged you to actually engage in constructive discussion, you have declined - your choice.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 0:18 Quote
putting it back remotely on topic

190lbs max rep

185lbs in weight

6' 2"

not so bad when i look at it like that
want to get up nearer 220 as my max

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 1:31 Quote
raak wrote:
nishnash wrote:
His point was you can't be making many comments on building muscle. Stop claiming to be an expert since you just admitted that you aren't.

And its fools like you who make people not want to join this sport. I've been riding for over 8 years now. Does my Pinkbike account reflect that? f*ck no. Need to learn about unwarranted extrapolation.

I was pointing out the difference between building muscle and building strength. My points were scientifically based. Never claimed to be an expert. ( or not because all you kept saying was that lifting really heavy weights makes you allot stronger when it doesn't because you plateo after a few weeks. and you have to do things such as cardio ect as well. and none of your points were scientifically based unlike mine witch were.)

I have put points forward which have exposed your and others bullshit, but instead of defending your ideas, you've attacked me. If I say you're wrong, but you disagree, tell me why. Isn't that a reasonable way of doing things? I've challenged you to actually engage in constructive discussion, you have declined - your choice.
( no you havent you have just said the same thing over and over even though your wrong.your the one chatting shite and obviously has no clue about weight training or body building. i did descuss the correct way of body building and making bigger and stronger muscle but you think your wright even thought many people have told you so. i know the method i told you works as i am the one who can lift heavy weights i highly doubt you can lift as much as i can. so pipe down small lad.)

raak your a f*cking idiot and obviously know shite all about body building and exercising in general so how about you save yourself the hassle and do one.....

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 3:56 Quote
freeridemanic wrote:
raak wrote:
nishnash wrote:
His point was you can't be making many comments on building muscle. Stop claiming to be an expert since you just admitted that you aren't.

And its fools like you who make people not want to join this sport. I've been riding for over 8 years now. Does my Pinkbike account reflect that? f*ck no. Need to learn about unwarranted extrapolation.

I was pointing out the difference between building muscle and building strength. My points were scientifically based. Never claimed to be an expert. ( or not because all you kept saying was that lifting really heavy weights makes you allot stronger when it doesn't because you plateo after a few weeks. and you have to do things such as cardio ect as well. and none of your points were scientifically based unlike mine witch were.)

I have put points forward which have exposed your and others bullshit, but instead of defending your ideas, you've attacked me. If I say you're wrong, but you disagree, tell me why. Isn't that a reasonable way of doing things? I've challenged you to actually engage in constructive discussion, you have declined - your choice.
( no you havent you have just said the same thing over and over even though your wrong.your the one chatting shite and obviously has no clue about weight training or body building. i did descuss the correct way of body building and making bigger and stronger muscle but you think your wright even thought many people have told you so. i know the method i told you works as i am the one who can lift heavy weights i highly doubt you can lift as much as i can. so pipe down small lad.)

raak your a f*cking idiot and obviously know shite all about body building and exercising in general so how about you save yourself the hassle and do one.....


i agree with you matt! this guys a pussy!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006408
Mobile Version of Website