Looking to ride in Tahoe..?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Looking to ride in Tahoe..?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
I was wondering if anyone is still riding and would like to show a newbie around?
I only have my 7" travel bike and want to do some shuttles. i might have a ride tommorow or the next day, gonna be on the 60's. so, if you want to ride, let me know......
oh yeah, i have a truck that can fit some bikes

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
anything good that I know of will have snow on it by now
its a little too late in the season imo

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
hey i am from a town about an hour out from tahoe but ride there a bunch in the summer. i have not been up to the mountains in a while since i am at school but am guess that there is a bunch of snow. i may be wrong, but i have a strong feeling i am not. if you are still looking to ride, some good ones are Hole in the Ground up on donner summit, good technical xc riding, the tahoe rim trail is a good one too, especially over by mt Rose, going south, good fun riding, oh and but broadway summit by northstar. the Flume trail is the most famous tahoe trail, mainly xc, one of my favs is Stanford Rock, on the west shore by sunnyside, really fun decent. thats all i got now, check out the rim trail though, good stuff.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
thanks
rode the TRT Flume stuff in summer, it was sweet. drove up to mt rose today to see if i should ski or ride my bike, neither looked good. theres a ton of snow atop the tyrolean downhill ride, but the bottom half is still looking good
found some people to shuttle with near northstar for tommorow, which is nice
gonna be in the 60's round these parts in the next few days, so hopefully ill coax a few more people to keep riding
otherwise i might try my luck down by auburn in a few days
ill look up those other trails on my topo, havent really ridden anything in tahoe that isnt listed above
thanks again

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
yeah its is definitely not too late in the season, so disregard that comment. I'm going riding up in South Lake tomorrow on the Corral Loop doing laps and the top of that is 7,000 feet and it is in fine shape. The only places that would be off limits because of the snow is stuff over 8,000 feet which most of the Tahoe trails safely lie below.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
Upper Corral (Armstrong Pass?) and Corral trails were in perfect condition this weekend, the weather is perfect and snow was not an issue, just a tiny bit of mud. All is well fellas, go get it.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
Possibility that we are going to hit [removed by request] this Saturday morning...anybody want to come? Not sure yet, but the weather looks like it should be perfect.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
as in saturday the 22nd?
im in

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
yeah...like i said though im not sure yet - depends on if we can get a ride up there (my friends and i are only 15 going on 16) and what the weather decides to do, but it looks like it should be pretty nice - other than the fact that is going to be pretty dang cold, but believe me if its wet the cold adds to the epic. ill try and get an answer asap!

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
alright as of now, its a go!

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
i might be able to go too, if it's cool. the angry tomato told me about dirty harry, and i'd like to check it out and it'd be alot more fun with a group of people.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
i still get lost back in the dirty harry area, so someone who knows their way around is always good. riding the road between sections is tricky for scatterbrains like myself
again, keep me posted. i got a TACO that can fit a few bikes for shuttle purposes

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
i've never been, so a "trail guide" would be a good idea lol!

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
nennarv wrote:
i still get lost back in the dirty harry area, so someone who knows their way around is always good. riding the road between sections is tricky for scatterbrains like myself
again, keep me posted. i got a TACO that can fit a few bikes for shuttle purposes

We know the trails semi-well. Like finding the the trail through the roads and stuff. The only problem we had was the third trail out from the unloading area, we got lost at the bottom and ended up on an extremely unused cross country trail that winded through a canyon and it sucked. I got stung by a wasp. But, I think my friend knows his way around that trail cause hes been on the whole trail now.

Anyways, everybody is more than welcome to come, but your going to have to find a ride and a shuttle - we don't have any more room in our car. Sorry, but were taking three teens and three adults and maybe more - not a whole lot of room. But, if we get good turnout, this shouldn't be a problem. I'll try and have a meeting time and directions I will PM or post by tomorrow. By the way, anybody got a semi-decent digital video camera? I'd really like to put together a video.

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
i'm sure if theres a small bunch of people, SOMEONE will know the way down, so i'm not worried about it. i don't have a truck but i have a rack that'll hold 3 bikes, so i'm totally down to help any wat i can. my camcorder is busted, but i have an alright camera that takes decent video.

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012467
Mobile Version of Website