How to make a Shred sutible for 4X

PB Forum :: Kona
How to make a Shred sutible for 4X
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
Stanstanliu wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
I would start by getting some good light tyres for 4X, such as some Maxxis Larsen TT FR 2.35" Single Plys, a light SDG I-Fly Saddle with I-Beam seatpost to reduce weight. Change it to single chainring and get a chainguide, which should actually be the first thing you should do. Maybe later on get a lighter for (the DJ is pretty heavy), like a RockShox Reba with 20mm Maxle or something.

Thanks for the advices.

I don`t really know the difference between DJs and 4Xs. I have been biking for quite a long time but I have been riding on road so , I`m new to mountian biking. and I never raced before. really want to get in some kind of race.
According to my knowledge, There is no such race for DJs.
So ....
the whole point of these changes are to make the bike lighter. right.

Well , thanks .
I think a 4x race refers to there being 4 riders in race,usually on a BMX style track?Anybody correct me if Im wrong.You could race in a BMX cruiser class,I think they will allow any 26inch bike if it passes tech.

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 17:17 Quote
evilrydr wrote:
You will probably want to upgrade your derailleur to the shortest cage you can get and also get a 9sp road style cassette(dura-ace or ultegra). and like the above guy said, get a chain guide. I don't know why kona doesn't put a chain guide on their bikes. Eventually, you will need a completely new frame. The kona hardtails are more suited as a short travel freeride bike. i would look at a blk mrkt frame as they are cheap and strong. you may also want to look at atomlab's frames. generally, a 4x frame is under 5 pounds but expensive, around $600-$900. Don't switch to 24" wheels.

also, to race 4x your bike must have 2/3 things.

1. Suspension Fork
2. 26" Wheels
3. Shifting Gears

One model up of the shred is the cowan, witch has an e-thirteen chain guide

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010496
Mobile Version of Website