Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 21:21 Quote
Hi all:

I am planning to buy my new DH bike soon and just want to have more comments.
I am riding a Turner_DHR (2006) in Hong Kong now, and targeted to buy a V10 or M6..
Please feel free to leave your comments here (both advantages & disadvantages) espically for the quality.
Thanks a lot!Big Grin

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
joetabo wrote:
Hi all:

I am riding a Turner_DHR (2006) now, and targeted to buy a V10 or M6..
Please feel free to leave your comments here (both advantages & disadvantages)
Thanks a lot!Big Grin

the white m6 looks so sick i would go with the intense!!

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
fighton07132 wrote:
joetabo wrote:
Hi all:

I am riding a Turner_DHR (2006) now, and targeted to buy a V10 or M6..
Please feel free to leave your comments here (both advantages & disadvantages)
Thanks a lot!Big Grin

the white m6 looks so sick i would go with the intense!!

Yes, I like the white one also with the CCDB...but heard from my friend that the coating of M6 was poorer than before...Cry

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 21:45 Quote
http://enius.pinkbike.com/

this guy rides a m6 his is dialed...ask him how he likes it and if he suggests it

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
fighton07132 wrote:
http://enius.pinkbike.com/

this guy rides a m6 his is dialed...ask him how he likes it and if he suggests it

Thanks a lot!Big Grin

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 22:00 Quote
well when i saw FRO to begin with i laughed but then when i cracked my socom a week ago ,3 days from the warrenty running out i realized they werent joking, i would go with the V10 it will hold up alot longer.

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
Well just to let you know, if you were to order a M6 right now you have like a 20% chance of getting one because i heard that they stop there orders like around this time. I know because I just ordered one like a month and 1/2 ago and thats what the guys told me. The M6 is abosolutely sick, if you were to go on www.declinemagazine.com you would be able to find a review on the M6, or if you read decline mags its there also.

Both are insane bikes though and its a really tough choice.

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
The m6 is a pure full on race bike, the v-10 is more if a do it all Dh and some freeride. The V-10 is also a stronger frame and will last longer in the long run. So I'd say V-10.

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 0:03 Quote
peach wrote:
The m6 is a pure full on race bike, the v-10 is more if a do it all Dh and some freeride. The V-10 is also a stronger frame and will last longer in the long run. So I'd say V-10.

no mate. thats wrong. on a v-10 tou can not run a light guide because the iscg mount will break, on an m6 it will not. also the tubing used on a m6 is much stronger, and the frame of a m6 is just a little more heavy, has 9.1 inches of travel and slightly more expensive. they are both great bikes, and mostly the same, beside he factors above. both will not let you down

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 0:52 Quote
Go V10.
Most Intense frames usually end up cracking.

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
V10 is lighter frame wise. If you are really tall go for a V10 as the large is 24.8 TT length other than that I would and did go for the M6 mainly because I think the leverage ratio is super high on the V10, 2.8 stroke with 10 inch compared with M6 3.5 and 9.1 inches, it makes it easier to set up. I had a 2006 and 2008 DHR before and loved them but the M6 is a step above both frames and I only went for the excellent revox rather than CCDB

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
CorollaRWD wrote:
V10 is lighter frame wise. If you are really tall go for a V10 as the large is 24.8 TT length other than that I would and did go for the M6 mainly because I think the leverage ratio is super high on the V10, 2.8 stroke with 10 inch compared with M6 3.5 and 9.1 inches, it makes it easier to set up. I had a 2006 and 2008 DHR before and loved them but the M6 is a step above both frames and I only went for the excellent revox rather than CCDB

aah nice man, i went for the CCDB. what color did u get?

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
CorollaRWD wrote:

Thanks for all your kindly replies to me!
I think i will prefer the M6 with CCDB, but just afraid that as my friends said the "painting" on M6 was not so good...as they said it's no "undercover coating" for Intense.
So once you got a crush, the painting around will also be embroiled....Eek

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
joetabo wrote:
CorollaRWD wrote:

Thanks for all your kindly replies to me!
I think i will prefer the M6 with CCDB, but just afraid that as my friends said the "painting" on M6 was not so good...as they said it's no "undercover coating" for Intense.
So once you got a crush, the painting around will also be embroiled....Eek
nah

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
same bike basically same look same suspension rear and ones a bit more pricey

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008902
Mobile Version of Website