Your Spray Painted Stuff?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Your Spray Painted Stuff?
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
Damnnnnn Maaaaaan shoulda kept it classy blue

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
Lol I'm well I'm glad you guys mine better! But if i want to change the colors of the letters did you guys have any tips? Anyone over done anything like that befor?

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
Dude, the letters are basically stickers. I've seen more than one person on this site use a graphics company or a laser cutter to reproduce the lettering in a colour scheme they would prefer.
If that bike was mine, I would consider doing a naval( military) camo scheme using dark blue, blue, light blue, black and just off white for the letters and fork. And maybe add details on the seat tube and rear triangle as well.

Fwiw, my wife owns that exact purple trek. It's cool, but IMHO I woulda gone with the blue one.

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
Big-J wrote:
Lol I'm well I'm glad you guys mine better! But if i want to change the colors of the letters did you guys have any tips? Anyone over done anything like that befor?

Probably best just getting some decals to go over them, then if you dont like it just peel it off, also much easier and cheaper

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
stotty1594 wrote:
Big-J wrote:

Probably best just getting some decals to go over them, then if you dont like it just peel it off, also much easier and cheaper

Try these guys, they do awesome work. https://www.slikgraphics.com/

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
Try these guys, they do awesome work. https://www.slikgraphics.com/[/Quote]

This.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
heres a few of my paint jobs
photo
photo

Iron horse Warrior After
Iron Horse Warrior after

Douglas Racing before
Douglas Racing frame and fork after paint and build

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
my wifes pissed i spray painted the most expensive thing i own but i think it came out great lol

photo

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
this was my personal bike for awhile
this frame was done with plasti dip spray

2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 26 frame stripped
Frame reassembled pre-rebuild and assembly

2011-12 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Custom paint upgraded

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 20:59 Quote
Those cranks on the Iron Horse.

Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
slaker wrote:
Those cranks on the Iron Horse.

they are or were painted and hydrodipped with the carbon graphics

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 20:48 Quote
photo

photo

My first attempt at painting a bike and I'm happy with how it turned out.

My wife's cousin passed away a few years ago and we had jerseys made in his honor, which this bike was painted to match. It'll be auctioned off at a silent auction in a few weeks for the foundation we have setup in his name. It'll be hard to see it go!

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 3:52 Quote
Painting a frame, sprayed it a metallic gloss-ish colour and ready to lacquer it. On the lacquer it says to go over the frame with 1200 grit wet and dry before lacquering, how necessary is that?

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
dingus wrote:
Painting a frame, sprayed it a metallic gloss-ish colour and ready to lacquer it. On the lacquer it says to go over the frame with 1200 grit wet and dry before lacquering, how necessary is that?

It gives the lacquer something to adhere to.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023538
Mobile Version of Website