Your Spray Painted Stuff?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Your Spray Painted Stuff?
Posted: May 31, 2022 at 10:16 Quote
Before and after Custom Paint ( Frame , Fork ) custom rim deals and custom build

2014-15 Santa Cruz Superlight 29er

Santa Cruz Superlight 29 Before custom paint build

2015-16 Custom Santa Cruz Superlight 29er

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
[Quote="FirstFox"]Before and after Custom Paint ( Frame , Fork ) custom rim deals and custom build

Thats sick dude! Looks really good. Any tips for custom painting your bike?

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
[Quote="noakeabean"]
FirstFox wrote:
Before and after Custom Paint ( Frame , Fork ) custom rim deals and custom build

Thats sick dude! Looks really good. Any tips for custom painting your bike?

Thanks

Prep and pre-planning will give you the best results also i recommend a 2 part clear coat & hardener
it can be bought in spray can or used with a spray gun . i did mine whole paint job with a mini spray gun & air brush

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
Can i spray paint the coil part of a coil shock?

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
mior wrote:

I sprayed my spring with Plastikote. It lasted pretty well, but eventually wore through in a couple of places, needs doing again.

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 16:35 Quote
mior wrote:

you could with like a plasti-dip or some kind of rubberized paint . if you use regular paint when the spring flexes the paint will crack and come off

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 7:51 Quote
Nice work! That turned out super clean.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
nlitworld wrote:

Thanks , it took quite awhile to do with each of the different colors of the graphics having to be taped and air brushed then removing and taping for the next color.

2014-15 Custom Painted Santa Cruz Superlight 29er

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
nlitworld wrote:

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
adm750 wrote:
nlitworld wrote:

Thanks , sold it with in 24 hrs of posting the bike for sale.

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
FirstFox wrote:
mior wrote:

you could with like a plasti-dip or some kind of rubberized paint . if you use regular paint when the spring flexes the paint will crack and come off
do you think it would make it look like a walmart bike?

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 14:23 Quote
mior wrote:
FirstFox wrote:
mior wrote:

i did a full frame (full Suspension) specialized stumpjumper and fork all with plastidip spray from a can and it looked great . it had an air shock so i couldnt say how the coil will look but if dont right i dont think it would make your bike look any more like a walmart bike than it currently does
2011 stumpjumper fsr comp

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 18:09 Quote
FirstFox wrote:
mior wrote:
FirstFox wrote:

i did a full frame (full Suspension) specialized stumpjumper and fork all with plastidip spray from a can and it looked great . it had an air shock so i couldnt say how the coil will look but if dont right i dont think it would make your bike look any more like a walmart bike than it currently does

just cuz some of those bikes have colored springs.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
mior wrote:
FirstFox wrote:
mior wrote:

At the end of the day its your bike and your the only one who needs to like it so if you paint it and like the way it looks then thats all that matters

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 14:50 Quote
FirstFox wrote:
mior wrote:
FirstFox wrote:

At the end of the day its your bike and your the only one who needs to like it so if you paint it and like the way it looks then thats all that matters

sweet. inspirational quote time. live love laugh.
i always tell my students that anytime they think their paintings are "not so hot", that they should go look at how andy warhol paints a car. it will make anyone feel better about their potential art career.
( but i still wouldnt go outta my way to paint a spring)

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016521
Mobile Version of Website