The New Hayes Stroker... YEEEAAAAA OR NEHHHH

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The New Hayes Stroker... YEEEAAAAA OR NEHHHH
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 19:22 Quote
the strokers are amazing brakes, the only thing i dont like is that the leaver is really thin and it feels kinda weird

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
they reatail for right around $182 U.S., and thats with 8 inch rotors(203mm) cant wait to pick up a set... saving my pennies

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 19:50 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
they reatail for right around $182 U.S., and thats with 8 inch rotors(203mm) cant wait to pick up a set... saving my pennies

*thats for just 1 brake

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 at 21:26 Quote
demo4life wrote:
mustardman525 wrote:
demo4life wrote:
my friend got them for under $200
then he got the small ones
if you mean that he got the rydes he didn't
he got the white stoker trails for under $200
i think it was $180 to be exact at a bike shop in ontario

These...http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=19432

Which are only $157 for the 8" and Universal Cycles doesn't charge tax.

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 at 23:25 Quote
don't get the rydes, they came with my p2 and the pads are teh suck. compared to my friend's trails. trails come with metallic sintered pads, so they have much more power, and true one-fingered braking. unlike mine.

mine don't lock very well Frown

i doubt they're contaminated because i know how to handle my brakes and i seriously doubt my bike shop accidentally put oil on both my brake pads. in terms of power they have about the same power, or a little less than my old bb5s Frown

i'm not sure if the trail pads are interchangeable with the rydes, either, because the trails have tool-free pad removal, whereas the rydes don't.

i'm either going for juicy 5's or stroker trails, when i can find someone to sell these ryde's to.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
just wondering, now that's it's been a few months later, does anyone else have anything to add to this forum? and please let's keep it civil and first hand experiences only... personally, i've sworn off hayes for years since my mags, but i'm open to input...

Posted: Feb 14, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
Just put white Stroker Trail 7"ers on my Bullit. Easy mounting and bleeding. They seem flex free and powerful. They are 20grams per brake lighter than my HFX9s (I weighed them). I like my levers very close to the grip and they had sufficient adjustment range (love the easy reach adjust wheel). Best brake I've used.

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
anybody have a few months of experience on these brakes?

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
only gotta chance to ride it around in the store. tap it and you skid.. its extremly powerful

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
princeofthenorth wrote:
only gotta chance to ride it around in the store. tap it and you skid.. its extremly powerful

that might suggest power, but power doesn't always equal a good brake... anyone know how they are for modulation? or are they on/off brakes?

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
My friend kye has stroker rydes. They suck balls. They lose power when wet, and even when they arn't wet they still don't have much power.

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
My friend kye has stroker rydes. They suck balls. They lose power when wet, and even when they arn't wet they still don't have much power.

haha i had them too... similar results

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:

did you guys let them break in? where they like that just when you fist got them?

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:

did you guys let them break in? where they like that just when you fist got them?

broken in. they have semi metallic pads (which aren't switchable with the trails' sintered metallic ones), and aftermarket sintered pads aren't available yet either. oh yeah, the levers kept creeping outward so i had to loctite the thread.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012173
Mobile Version of Website