Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 at 8:04 Quote
I'll just start a thread for everything concerning switzerland.
Wanna visit? Wanna know where to go or where to stay?
Post it up! We'll try to help...

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 0:31 Quote
I live in Switzerland, in Ticino (sud of CH)
In north and central Switzerland there are many bike park like Bellwald, Crans Montana, Laax, usw... but in my region, Ticino, there is no bike park and mtb is forbidden in many Lifts (2/3 prohibits biking) because many stupid rider have violated private property (maked drop, jump,... in private garden, usw...), ruined pedestrian paths, usw... Now some Lifts Society want to create a paths only for biking, but population of this area do the impossible to ruin paths because they don't want a dh/fr paths in their mountain... only in Ticino happens this... So I must wait 4 months then I make 18 and I can drive. Then I can drive to other parts of Switzerland for ride my Scott.. but this isn't too fine, ok Switzerlnd is little... but for a student like me is a cost to go in an other region for a biking day...

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 2:17 Quote
Hi Mauri

Sounds sad. But it's NOT only in Ticino where the population tries to undermine the goals of mountain bikers. We have a lot of tourists and hikers in our woods and the responsable organisations are all trying to ban mountain biking from hiking trails and building new trails is absolutely forbidden by law anyway.. so you see, we're all in the same boat.

What makes me look positively into the future is the ever growing community of freeriders and downhillers in switzerland. It's only a matter of time, till we're big and organized enough to take the necessary steps to achieve our goals: More Bikeparks, more freeride trails and an image, that brings the broad populace to think differently about our sport. It's in our hands to push the limits and make other change their minds and prejudices about who we are and what we do.

Riding passion switzerland.
They can't bring us down! (no pun intended)

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 6:27 Quote
flowzone wrote:
Hi Mauri

Sounds sad. But it's NOT only in Ticino where the population tries to undermine the goals of mountain bikers. We have a lot of tourists and hikers in our woods and the responsable organisations are all trying to ban mountain biking from hiking trails and building new trails is absolutely forbidden by law anyway.. so you see, we're all in the same boat.

What makes me look positively into the future is the ever growing community of freeriders and downhillers in switzerland. It's only a matter of time, till we're big and organized enough to take the necessary steps to achieve our goals: More Bikeparks, more freeride trails and an image, that brings the broad populace to think differently about our sport. It's in our hands to push the limits and make other change their minds and prejudices about who we are and what we do.

Riding passion switzerland.
They can't bring us down! (no pun intended)

Yes m8, I think all over the world the situation is this and the population tries to undermine the goals of mountain bikers.
But in Ticino we're really hate by population!! For exemple at Cardada, over Locarno, some people have even obstructed the OFFICIAL DH TRAIL FOR THE MAXI AVALANCHE with sticks sharp placed under the leaves, other people have ruined the trail, other other people have filled it with big rocks, usw... and this without that we do nothing, only build the track for an official world race like Maxi Avalanche... for this reason the race was deleted... an official race!!! I don't think that people that live in Laax do this at the Red Bull TrailFox... Frown
If people do this on one official trail images what they make on the trail "behind the house"... They shoot us xD

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 6:16 Quote
Flowzone, could you post some links at bikeparks in Swizerland?
Thank you!

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 6:31 Quote
Im going to be staying in morzine in july and will be taking the lifts over to the swiss side for sure - any advice on good places in that area is welcome.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 6:57 Quote
jommi wrote:
Flowzone, could you post some links at bikeparks in Swizerland?
Thank you!

Yeah sure

www.bikepark.ch

Portes du Soleil

www.bikepark-filzbach.ch

Filzbach

www.scuol.ch

Scuol

www.wiriehorn.ch

Wiriehorn

www.bergradfahrer.com

Bellwald

www.verbierbikepark.ch

Verbier

Just those that came to my mind. Let me know if you need to know any details or infos about a special region...-

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 6:59 Quote
raak wrote:
Im going to be staying in morzine in july and will be taking the lifts over to the swiss side for sure - any advice on good places in that area is welcome.

Can't go wrong in that area Wink

Just be sure to check out the new trails at chavannes (near morzine). Great shore rides and BIG lines

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.flowzone.ch/pictures/news/portes_du_soleil_chavannes.JPG

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 7:10 Quote
flowzone wrote:
raak wrote:

Can't go wrong in that area Wink

Just be sure to check out the new trails at chavannes (near morzine). Great shore rides and BIG lines

That sounds awesome, cheers for that. Where abouts is the new stuff, at the top, middle, bottom? Or is it part of the existing chavannes run?

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 2:22 Quote
Well, I don't know what you already have seen, but there's a very big line on the right side (looking down) they have updated and there are at least 2 new trails from the middle-station down. So lots of opportunities!

Also on the swiss side: Les Crosets. Nice, big and fast line! But you'd gotta go in June to ride it when it's fresh. There's another fine line right on the other side (Crois-de-Culet) Check out the map: Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bikepark.ch/images/carte_bikepark.jpg

Posted: Feb 13, 2008 at 4:53 Quote
Well I havent seen chavannes since last July, I hope there will be some new stuff, should be pretty sweet if so.

And thanks for the swiss map, much appreciated!

I'm spending a week in alpdhuez for the mega, then driving up to stay in morzine for 2 weeks and ride around that area. Should a be an awesome 3 weeks.

Cheers.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 6:00 Quote
Hi,

this summer i want to go to a bike park for the first time in my life.
so i need some advice..

here is my story:
I'm going on vacation with my parent and sister, first for about 2 weeks to Italy (for my sister) but because i can't mountain bike so good there we go also to a bike park for about a week after these first 2 weeks.
so now I'm searching the ultimate bike destination in the alps.. (i think Switzerland is the best option)
So my parent want to go to the mountains (for hiking and a little bit of XC) but because my dad has asthma (lung disease) he can't walk or bike up a mountain (that is to heavy for him) he can only go down, so my first point is, there must be many lifts.
second point there must be enough biking facilities or bikepark..

so short:
i need a bike destination for a week..
i take the following bikes with me:
- Dirt/Park/Street bike
- XC hardtail bike
- XC Full Suspension bike

and i want to DH and freeride for my first time, so i need to hire a bike..
protection i bring with me (if i can buy it on time)

so the main things there must be in the park/destination are:
DH/freeride track (good for beginner, don't have to be super easy)
enough XC tracks
maybe a Dirt jump or park (if possible with foampit)

sorry for the long story

(oh and my grandparents go on vacation in morgins, maybe that is a good destination??)

i hope you can help me (if something is not clear say it please)

cheers Daan

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 0:32 Quote
Hi Daan

Long story, short answer. In my opinion "Portes du soleil" would be just perfect for you and your family! Lots of XC Trails, lots of hiking-trails, dozens of lifts, dirtpark with a foampit and lots and lots of freeride and dh trails
Morgins is absolutely perfect to begin with. Morzine or Chatel would be even better (closer to the stuff)

Check out my previous entry..

Ride on!

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 6:41 Quote
hi,
i have relatives in bern, and this summer i will be over there!
Is there any dh/freeride over there?
I have no idea of switzerland is there a bike park near bern?

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 at 0:19 Quote
What a question... Well, of course!

There's a famous FR/DH Trail right in the middle of bern (look out for "gurten") and there are tons and tons of secret trails around bern. Some official tracks can be found in Magglingen near Biel.
The nearest Bike-Park would be Wiriehorn which I'd recommend A LOT! They have a new chairlift for 6 people and an absolutely awesome trail!

drop me an e-mail, if you need contacts or riding buddies..

...and enjoy Switzerland!

Ride on

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010114
Mobile Version of Website