Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 14:43 Quote
Awesome Flowzone! Take your time I really appreciate this! Also leelau I have been reading your little series on your riding adventures and they also sound amazing! Davos sounds like a lot of fun, once your on the way down! Actually it all sounds really good! I like the comparison from the main village in Whistler, to Creekside. I've stayed at both places over the years I've been getting out to Whistler. And now with the gondola running in the summer, it just adds to that place eh! We usually stay in the upper village. Is there anything like that in the area?

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 6:36 Quote
If any one needs any guiding check us out www.101-trails.com or https://www.facebook.com/101Trails....ride the best trails all day every day....we know hundreds of trails around Valis, Graubunden, Aosta, Chamonix and dozens of other locations. We offer extremly good value for money also...101 Trails

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 6:45 Quote
HI Bags if you are looking to plan a trip in Switzerland i can help you out with that. I have some trips planned in September we offer a shuttle service and airport collection. The trip is very good price, alternativley i can organise a bespoke trip with perhaps a chalet for the week staying in one location...www.101-trails.com

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 7:06 Quote
patchesuk wrote:
It would need to be all mountain, I've been told there are a few in-experienced riders in the group.

flowzone wrote:
patchesuk wrote:
Hi, I live in Basel and need to arrange a stag do in Switzerland and am looking for your help!

Looks like the best airport to fly into will be Geneva so I'm trying to find a beginner to immediate route leading to a hut where we can stay the night (about 13 lads). There will be all levels of riders, from racers to beginners. Ideally a start point within an hour of geneva would be amazing!

Does anyone have any leads or suggestions which would help in the search?

Thanks!

do you want to ride a tour (allmountain), just downhill or something in between?

Hi patchesuk

Do you need some guides for your trip? i could arrange the whole trip for you, accomadation, guiding, where to ride, where to eat. I have loads of suggestions on where to ride...drop me a pm www.facebook.com/101-trails

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 18:59 Quote
I'm moving to Geneva next month... any Swiss locals care to show this Yankee some of the favorite trails of the locals once I arrive? Really appreciate any insight and advice as I don't know anyone in the area. Hope to ride with some of you soon!

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 15:04 Quote
Chadimac22 wrote:
I'm moving to Geneva next month... any Swiss locals care to show this Yankee some of the favorite trails of the locals once I arrive? Really appreciate any insight and advice as I don't know anyone in the area. Hope to ride with some of you soon!

There's a Facebook group called VTT Geneve you should join. Otherwise check out a place called the Saleve.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 15:30 Quote
Steve777 wrote:
Chadimac22 wrote:

There's a Facebook group called VTT Geneve you should join. Otherwise check out a place called the Saleve.

Nice! Appreciate the tip. Will join the group tonight.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 11:16 Quote
Hi all,

I've just moved to the Lausanne area and am looking for some enduro type trails around the area. Can anyone help me out?

I already went to salve but more looking closer to Lausanne. I saw on YouTube there are some trails around the epalinges area but couldn't actually find them... Any good, where do they start?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 19:38 Quote
mcnick wrote:
Hi all,

I've just moved to the Lausanne area and am looking for some enduro type trails around the area. Can anyone help me out?

I already went to salve but more looking closer to Lausanne. I saw on YouTube there are some trails around the epalinges area but couldn't actually find them... Any good, where do they start?

Cheers

Looks like we'll be neighbors soon... well, sort of... I'll be in a little closer to Geneva, but still close enough. I've seen a couple of good trail pics in the Jura Mtns just to our north, but couldn't find any good routes on Strava or Trail Forks. Also, there were a couple of strava routes I found in Les Voutes but it looked a little XC oriented... which is fine but different.

I'll be moved in and settled by May 20 so let me know if you find any good riding that's local to us.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 6:24 Quote
Take a look at the map of traildevils.ch:

http://traildevils.ch/BikeMap

Posted: Apr 28, 2016 at 14:46 Quote
frei wrote:
Take a look at the map of traildevils.ch:

http://traildevils.ch/BikeMap

That map mostly lists bike parks, pretty useless actually. Try. GPS-tracks.com, trail.ch or the library of trails from Ride magazine, ride.ch. Most strava tracks are roadies or XC trails. GPS-Tracks and Ride are my two favorite sources next to a Topo map.

Any Enduro races this year? Besides Trail Trophy? Maybe one of these years it might catch on and we have more races in more locations but they way things move in CH I'll be too old to race by then. It would be nice to have a weekend series with a race every weekend instead of 3 sold out races for the whole year.

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 15:54 Quote
boardlife69 wrote:
Any Enduro races this year? Besides Trail Trophy? Maybe one of these years it might catch on and we have more races in more locations but they way things move in CH I'll be too old to race by then. It would be nice to have a weekend series with a race every weekend instead of 3 sold out races for the whole year.

"Helveticup" is a swiss series with five races this year. But as you mentioned, some are already sold out.
check https://www.facebook.com/EnduroHelveticup/ and http://www.helveticup.com/

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 5:55 Quote
pascalchristen wrote:
boardlife69 wrote:

"Helveticup" is a swiss series with five races this year. But as you mentioned, some are already sold out.
check https://www.facebook.com/EnduroHelveticup/ and http://www.helveticup.com/

Sweet. Thanks for the info. It gives me hope for next year. I might try a race or two this year if I can.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2016 at 13:19 Quote
Hi there!

I'll be going to Aosta next month for 2-3 weeks and apart from the tons of riding there that I'd like to check out,
I'm also thinking of going to Zermatt/Verbier, and hopefully spend a day or two in and around each.

How realistic is that fantasy? Is hut to hut possible? Is it worth biking to there or should I take a bus/train?
Where's a good place to spend a night or two when I get there?

Any info/help is more than welcome! Also if anyone wants to go for a ride/trip, I'm going solo, so company is welcome too Smile

Cheers!

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 18:26 Quote
Milko3D wrote:
Hi there!

I'll be going to Aosta next month for 2-3 weeks and apart from the tons of riding there that I'd like to check out,
I'm also thinking of going to Zermatt/Verbier, and hopefully spend a day or two in and around each.

How realistic is that fantasy? Is hut to hut possible? Is it worth biking to there or should I take a bus/train?
Where's a good place to spend a night or two when I get there?

Any info/help is more than welcome! Also if anyone wants to go for a ride/trip, I'm going solo, so company is welcome too Smile

Cheers!

Can't help you with Aosta or Verbier but I wrote a front-pager about Zermatt answering your questions. Do a search and it''ll pop up.

Otherwise for local guiding get hold of alpine-trails.ch

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014796
Mobile Version of Website