Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
O+
Posted: May 16, 2017 at 12:47 Quote
rtjames wrote:
I am traveling to Zurich for two weeks staring May 29th. I have a few trails and bike parks picked out to ride (Davos, Zermatt, etc.) All these have full suspension rentals on site.
I am really wanting to ride the Velosolutions pump track in Zurich. I prefer a dirt jumper bike, but I cannot find a place to rent either a bmx or a dj bike. Does anyone have any suggestions? Unfortunately I cannot fly with mine.

I work at a bikeshop 20 minutes from Zürich and we have a DJ testbike, but we normally don't rent it out. Give us a call or write an e-mail and ask if it's possible to rent it for the time you need it.

Our homepage with all our info is mainstreet42.ch

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 6:45 Quote
NickBosshard wrote:
rtjames wrote:
I am traveling to Zurich for two weeks staring May 29th. I have a few trails and bike parks picked out to ride (Davos, Zermatt, etc.) All these have full suspension rentals on site.
I am really wanting to ride the Velosolutions pump track in Zurich. I prefer a dirt jumper bike, but I cannot find a place to rent either a bmx or a dj bike. Does anyone have any suggestions? Unfortunately I cannot fly with mine.

I work at a bikeshop 20 minutes from Zürich and we have a DJ testbike, but we normally don't rent it out. Give us a call or write an e-mail and ask if it's possible to rent it for the time you need it.

Our homepage with all our info is mainstreet42.ch

Thanks for the info!! With no car I will be travelling by train. It looks like your shop is a 1.5 hr train ride to the bike park pump track, I am staying right near the pump track. So a 3 hour roundtrip train ride, plus another 3 hour roundtrip ride to return the bike.
I may be wrong on my times, I am just basing travel times off of google maps. However I might look around for a closer one and if I cannot find anything I will give your shop a call. Thanks again!!

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 7:41 Quote
Last weekend I was hiking with the family in Uri and I found yet another trail getting paved over so they can call it a MTB trail. Why does every natural trail need to be a paved autobahn? That is NOT a MTB trail. This was no where near a bike park. Just a normal wanderweg being flattened out, all rocks and roots removed. This. Needs. To. Stop. We have enough forest streets for beginers to learn how to use their CHF6,000 super bikes on. Future, not looking so bright anymore.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 7:53 Quote
Hey all. Any of you have an Idea of a good place to store a bike bag in Geneva? Ill be over for Two weeks and the luggage storage at the Airport seems a little expensive for that long. 10 euros/day.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 0:48 Quote
Where are you riding? You can drop it at my house if you want. Send me a private message if you're want to go that route.

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 16:45 Quote
Best Bike shops in Geneva? How easy would it be to get a cardboard bike box on my way back to the airport after my trip?

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 8:24 Quote
Chadimac22 wrote:
Where are you riding? You can drop it at my house if you want. Send me a private message if you're want to go that route.
Awesome thanks Chad, PM sent

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 6:47 Quote
Looking for some advice/knowledge.

Planning a honeymoon for late may/early June in 2018. Looking for info on where to ride. I am curious because I have heard from a couple people that there is too much snow still at this time of year. Would love a mix of single track and bike park.

Also is it better to plan own adventure or hop on a tour (ie. alpine trails)

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 6:40 Quote
lilskee wrote:

Planning a honeymoon for late may/early June in 2018. Looking for info on where to ride. I am curious because I have heard from a couple people that there is too much snow still at this time of year. Would love a mix of single track and bike park.

Thanks!

Regarding bike parks, IIRC Lenzerheide won't be officially open (full time opening) until middle of June.
Mostly I would suggest you go get to Wallis/Valais (Zermatt area - home of the Swiss Epic) or Graubünden/Grisons (Davos/Klosters/Lenzerheide)

Posted: Dec 26, 2017 at 5:16 Quote
Hi guys. I will be near Lucerne for work for the next 10 months, and was wondering how much riding was nearby and what bike would be best to bring. I don't think I'll have much time to ride but I want to get the most out of the time I do have. I have an XC hardtail and a 160mm trail bike. Any info will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Dec 27, 2017 at 13:45 Quote
RideBikeSA wrote:
Hi guys. I will be near Lucerne for work for the next 10 months, and was wondering how much riding was nearby and what bike would be best to bring. I don't think I'll have much time to ride but I want to get the most out of the time I do have. I have an XC hardtail and a 160mm trail bike. Any info will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Trailbike, no question. Lucerne is pretty close to the mountains, so you have plenty of trailriding close to home.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 5:44 Quote
BrilliantNeon wrote:
lilskee wrote:

Thanks!

Regarding bike parks, IIRC Lenzerheide won't be officially open (full time opening) until middle of June.
Mostly I would suggest you go get to Wallis/Valais (Zermatt area - home of the Swiss Epic) or Graubünden/Grisons (Davos/Klosters/Lenzerheide)

Would recommend the same! Lenzerheide just postet the park opening date: 10th of may 2018

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 2:46 Quote
Hey guys, I’m looking to head to Lenzerheide for this years World Champs and looking for some local insight of the closest place/area to stay to be walking distance to World Champs. What’s the best/closest Airport to fly into coming from the USA? Is it easier to get around by train or should we rent a car, we would rather not rent a car if possible.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 9:10 Quote
Mlr. Fly into ZRH. Even if you have a bike the train and PostAuto bus to Lenzerheide is easy peasy. Where in Lenzerheide are the World Champs? Stay at a bike - hotel and thats good option for getting breakfast + bike storage + comfort etc. I believe the Graubuenden Bike website will have all the info and maps etc

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
Sup Swiss dude-bro's...

Heading to Zermatt middle of September 2018. Want to ride anything local that is good and not packed with hikers.
Questions!

Weather should hold for riding this time of year?
Are guided rides necessary?
Based in Zermatt for a week, anything else worth day trips to? (has to be train access).
Biggest mistake MTB travelers make? (don't say going to Zermatt, other reasons I'm there)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013758
Mobile Version of Website