Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
yeti85 wrote:
go-cholo-go wrote:
Alright I've got another question and am hoping for everyone's thoughts. While putting together my two week MTB biking trip through Italy and Switzerland with two stops for the UCI DH, I'm realizing I want to ride every trail possible. Obviously some of these trails are big pushes (Davos) and I will try to link them together via chairlift when able, but what are your thoughts on full suspension E-MTB vs. MTB? Do the ski resorts and lifts allow E-MTB, are these bikes frowned up, are these allowed on all trails, are they a necessity to accomplish these and other rides in a day?

Aside from Alps Trail Davos, I'm looking to ride (from MTBproject) Rinerhorn #647, Parsenn #332, Duranna Pass #631 and Serraronda, and Lago Vintage: Passo Tremalzo via val Scaglia.

Any of these trail a must do, no go, or have others near by you'd recommend?

Shootz!

You'll have more fun on the normal enduro. eBike's are tough on the technical alpine trails. From my experience, my fellow eBikers paid back with interests what they didin't sweat on the uphill.
If you can climb 1000-1500m elevation in day, you should be fine. The cheese and meat up there is pretty good for recovery.

I second Yeti's advice. I rode around Davos a few days last year and brought my enduro bike - it was perfect. I saw some people out on e-bikes, but some of the fun stuff is more technical and occasionally I had to push through snow and even climb up a short pitch in snow (early June) - would have been a major slog with an e-bike.

If you're looking for a shorter ride (a few hours - not a big epic) with some fun downhill while you're there, try 646 Chörbschhorn. The bike up was nice and the down is fast and fun! You can probably take a cable car up if you want to shorten it.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 1:21 Quote
Switzerland Fab Smile ...

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 4:52 Quote
azimmerman85 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on heading out to Switzerland/Italy for my honeymoon in a little over a year and was wondering if any of the trails are melted and ready to go by then (early-mid May)? I would assume all of the high altitude stuff is still snowed in, but just wondering if you could go anywhere in the country (and down into Italy) and had 3-4 days to bike, where would you recommend? My wife to be loves flow trails, so anything with a ton of berms would be a bonus (second place for killer views...which look to be pretty much all the trails out there!).

Thanks so much!

Alex

Hi fella! You should definitely check out Marbachegg! It's a newly opened flow-trail and it's awesome! Happy honeymoon!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009670
Mobile Version of Website