Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
yeti85 wrote:
lowekey wrote:
Hi All,

Currently moved to Luzern from Vancouver Canada and am looking for a high end bike shop to build up a new Nomad.

Anyone got any good shops?
I dont mind driving a bit, so long as the shop is tip top and customer service is super.

Thanks!

Live in ZH and been a longtime Santa rider. Here the place to go for Santa is BikeHub. They have rather special opening times and right now everything is different with the pandemic. Would give them a call in advance.
https://www.bikehub.ch/
Otherwise on the site of the swiss santa distribuitor, you can certainly find the closest bikeshop to you
https://www.santacruzbikes.ch/de

Biroma is also one hell of a good shop and cool crew. Actually Biroma and Bikehub used to be the same crew, so the vibe is similar, just different brands.

If you're in ZH and wanna check out some of our trails, drop me a line.

Cheers

Awesome, thanks!
Ill give em a holler when i get a chance Smile

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
thebryson wrote:
lowekey wrote:
Hi All,

Currently moved to Luzern from Vancouver Canada and am looking for a high end bike shop to build up a new Nomad.

Anyone got any good shops?
I dont mind driving a bit, so long as the shop is tip top and customer service is super.

Thanks!
lowekey, welcome to Switzerland from a fellow Vancouverite Smile If you wanna get some insight into the swiss riding culture, we've just started a podcast that could be useful since youre an english speaker. https://skidsandgiggles.com/

Cool, Will check it out. thanks!

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
H-L-Shakey wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/bikehub.ch/?tsid=0.43966665223281387&source=result

I haven't used them myself but heard a lot of good things about bike hub and they seem to build up a lot of high end bikes if their fb page is to be believed.

People also say good things about biroma but every time I've been there it's been shut... Apparently they are proper riders haha

Thank ya kindly.
Seems the concensus is bike hub eh?
Ill def drop em a line and see whats what!

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
Hello one and all,

I have recently moved to Basel from Cumbria, UK.

I am looking for someone to ride with. I have been out and done the local trails that are marked on trailforks but it gets a repetitive, I know there must be a lot more sneaky local trails out there but I haven't found many yet.
Man made trails aren't really my thing. I am used to hike-a-bike's round the Lake District.
I have a van and I'm willing to travel the country wide.

I ride a Capra I like it steep and I love the tech!

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:27 Quote
chopperharrison wrote:
Hello one and all,

I am looking for someone to ride with. I have been out and done the local trails that are marked on trailforks but it gets a repetitive, I know there must be a lot more sneaky local trails out there but I haven't found many yet.
Man made trails aren't really my thing. I am used to hike-a-bike's round the Lake District.

I'll most likely be heading to Bern for 3 months starting in June. Going to bring my bike (Commencel Clash) along and have found a couple trails around Bern on trailforks. I'll be limited to train travel and the occasional borrowing of a company car. Keep in touch, would be great to find some like-minded people...especially if they have already found the trails!

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 4:08 Quote
hannan86 wrote:
chopperharrison wrote:
Hello one and all,

I'll most likely be heading to Bern for 3 months starting in June. Going to bring my bike (Commencel Clash) along and have found a couple trails around Bern on trailforks. I'll be limited to train travel and the occasional borrowing of a company car. Keep in touch, would be great to find some like-minded people...especially if they have already found the trails!

If you don't mind pedaling, I know a nice alpine style route starting from Grindelwald. I'm currently a bit busy with moving to a new apartment, but July would work fine (the snow should finally be gone then as well...). Just let me know if you guys are interested.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
cvoc wrote:
hannan86 wrote:
chopperharrison wrote:
Hello one and all,

If you don't mind pedaling, I know a nice alpine style route starting from Grindelwald. I'm currently a bit busy with moving to a new apartment, but July would work fine (the snow should finally be gone then as well...). Just let me know if you guys are interested.

Sounds good, cvoc! Keep in touch as July gets closer.

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
Hi all,

Anybody around Winterthur motivated to go trail riding?

Cheers

Guillaume

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
Hi guys,

Anybody knows when the bike parks of Davos and Zermatt open?
For the life of me I can’t find the info on their website.

Thanks

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 10:08 Quote
Minikeum wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

As far as I know Zermatt allows bikers as soon as the summer lifts open - they don't have a separate bike park.
Except for the train to Gornergratt - bikes only after 4pm (in high season at least, not sure in low season)

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
KoenR wrote:
Minikeum wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks

As far as I know Zermatt allows bikers as soon as the summer lifts open - they don't have a separate bike park.
Except for the train to Gornergratt - bikes only after 4pm (in high season at least, not sure in low season)

Gornergrat still looks like a ski piste at the moment. We’ll have to wait a bit longer before any biking can be done there.

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 22:55 Quote
Thanks for the info.
Is there a date for the opening of the summer lift in Zermatt?

For Davos, I think I found the date: there is a week end event for the bike opening on the 25th to 27th of June. Rock the Bock it’s called.
Really hidden info If you ask me. Not sure why they make it so hard to find…
I had the same problem last year when I was trying to find the last weekend of riding.

Thanks

O+
Posted: May 27, 2021 at 5:21 Quote
Minikeum wrote:
Thanks for the info.
Is there a date for the opening of the summer lift in Zermatt?

For Davos, I think I found the date: there is a week end event for the bike opening on the 25th to 27th of June. Rock the Bock it’s called.
Really hidden info If you ask me. Not sure why they make it so hard to find…
I had the same problem last year when I was trying to find the last weekend of riding.

Thanks

I think this year we're gonna have to wait for the upper trails to open, it has been snowing too much.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 6:02 Quote
Do you have downhill trails in/close to Zermatt with some man-made features (jumps, drops, ...)?

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 2:30 Quote
Hi all,

I looked a bit through this whole thread and from what I see there are a few key places in Switzerland that come back often. Verbier, Zermatt and Davos.

My wife and I will be doing a road trip through southern EU this summer and will be in Switzerland around end of June.

We will be on our Ebikes (Focus Jam2 and Orbea RiseM10), and are looking for natural, scenic trail. Not crazy technical but some techy sections are cool.

I was in Verbier last summer and there are for sure great trails, super scenic like Vertigo (although that will be too hard for my wife).

But I am wondering if there are some less known spots with those magical trails in less crowded places? Hiring a guide is an option to access local gems. I heard about Val Müstair or the area around the Oeschinenmeer but have not looked further into it yet.

Any recommandation is highly appreciated.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015351
Mobile Version of Website