NWray wrote:
adan2141 wrote:
photo

also already posted
I want them for a ski bike

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
[Quote="bikerman33"]
ezekiel wrote:
SE Quadangle; I wouldn't consider it pointless or failed but I'm sure others would.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.vassconsult.com/images/loop-quad.jpg
arent these a piece of histroy? like replicas froms the 80s?

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 17:15 Quote
[Quote="NWray"]
bikerman33 wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
SE Quadangle; I wouldn't consider it pointless or failed but I'm sure others would.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.vassconsult.com/images/loop-quad.jpg
already posted....................

He was quoteing it.

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
[Quote="freeride5"]
ron-burgundy wrote:
danoonwashington wrote:

BMX will have them in the next couple of years. BMX bikes are always five to ten years behind in technology it seems like. I would love to have disc brakes on m

i loled at this super hard. It's been done, and it's pointless a bmx brake can work way better then a disk when set up right and bmxers usually grind so you'd never be able to run a disc brake without damaging it and you'd need a a bunch od different parts (lhd/rhd disc brake mounts and rhd/lhd disc brake mount hubs). If you grinded you'd either be grind on the brake side or your drive side which will end up costing you alot to fix either. Bmx is much more advanced mtbs(dj/street) are just starting to catch up. The point of bmx is to keep it simple and have fun, the more time you spend fixing stuff and setting things the less time you have to ride.
how is bmx more advanced i dont see any composite bars hydroformed tubes or sintered headtubes anywhere in bmx, bmx's have barely changed in years bmx just isnt that advanced
Intense has bmx race frames with hydro formed tubes...

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
[Quote="MOOREJ"]
freeride5 wrote:
ron-burgundy wrote:
how is bmx more advanced i dont see any composite bars hydroformed tubes or sintered headtubes anywhere in bmx, bmx's have barely changed in years bmx just isnt that advanced
Intense has bmx race frames with hydro formed tubes...
bmx's are advanced in their own little way a little 22 pounds bike that can take huge hits without breaking its pretty advanced tapered tubes and other stuff like that a bmx doesn't need hydro or disc brakes or forks with travel its useless we are not riding mountains we are riding the streets if you haven't noticed.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
bigquoteshow is bmx more advanced i dont see any composite bars hydroformed tubes or sintered headtubes anywhere in bmx, bmx's have barely changed in years bmx just isnt that advanced

And this folks, is why internet forums can be a terrible place to get advice.
Sorry, but people with no engineering knowledge should refrain from acting like they have any clue what they are talking about Wink

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
bigquoteshow is bmx more advanced i dont see any composite bars hydroformed tubes or sintered headtubes anywhere in bmx, bmx's have barely changed in years bmx just isnt that advanced

And this folks, is why internet forums can be a terrible place to get advice.
Sorry, but people with no engineering knowledge should refrain from acting like they have any clue what they are talking about Wink

Firstly he's not giving advice, he's giving his opinion.
Secondly, do you have engineering "knowledge"? Are you an engineer? Obviously you aren't. BMXs havent really evolved so much, street mountain bikes are turning more bmx-like but true mountain bikes are obviously much more complex then a bmx.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
I dont see the point in 42 spline bottom bracket spindles because they often wobble due to the splines wearing out, i dont see why they changed from 8 tooth splines? because the splines will never wear out and slip, plus they are lighter? anyone agree?

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
petermoosefat wrote:
BMXs havent really evolved so much, street mountain bikes are turning more bmx-like but true mountain bikes are obviously much more complex then a bmx.

To the untrained eye, they do look a lot the same but once you start crunching numbers there have been numerous changes. 8 or 9 years ago when I first picked up a BMX magazine, bikes were well around 30-35 lbs, people didn't trust frames that were under 7lbs, "light" bikes were around 29-30lbs. Fast forward to present day and thanks to the introduction and wide spread use of butting and other metallurgy, companies have managed to take knock 10lbs off of that "light" bike designation and still offer a product that can be ridden.

Its the same with MTBs, when I started riding 40lbs for a hardtail wasn't unheard of. Fast forward to modern day and 28-30lbs for a hardtail is common.

P.S. I don't believe anyone contested the fact that mountain bikes are more complex than BMXs (isn't that what people love about them in the first place????) but to try and say that BMXs haven't evolved much is just ignorant. They have less necessary pieces and less complex pieces so obviously there will be less need for those changes.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
chadpowell wrote:
I dont see the point in 42 spline bottom bracket spindles because they often wobble due to the splines wearing out, i dont see why they changed from 8 tooth splines? because the splines will never wear out and slip, plus they are lighter? anyone agree?

who ever first made the 42 spline bb spindle made it so u would have to buy their cranks and spindle.... much like burton did with their triangle bolt pattern for the bindings....... and 1+ to the guy saying how street/park/dj bikes becoming more like bmx's

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
i must be missing something here arent most spindles 48 splined. if the spindles splines were going to where out they would have done that years and years ago 48 splined spindles are tested and proven, i mean profile has had the same design for god knows how long and they hold up just fine

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
balfabb7man wrote:
i must be missing something here arent most spindles 48 splined. if the spindles splines were going to where out they would have done that years and years ago 48 splined spindles are tested and proven, i mean profile has had the same design for god knows how long and they hold up just fine

Profiles are the worst for it. the more you take the cranks off the spindle the quicker the splines wear down. i had a pair and had to replace the spindle but the damage was done to the cranks as well so had to get some new cranks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014373
Mobile Version of Website